Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-21-2010, 05:53 AM
Cassini
defaultaccount is on a distinguished road
Some stuff I was thinking abuot for a while

© GROUPING OF IDEAS

I'm just writing over a few things I was thinking over the last few months playing Era, and wanted to think what you guys thought about them. I was thinking them over for a while now, while i was playing. Just a few half baked ideas on some stuff i got from other players too stuff that alot of people were talking about because raids, but you should get the jest of them..

-Shooting the helicopter, and the people inside it they are pk . Being able to commandeer it for a gang raid., that might be further than BH. 5 only five minutes. I you're still airborne it throws you from the heli and you almost die hitting the ground like a fall gani, bleeding or something :PP:P. and it continues the same rute.. idk just tossing things out there

-Shooting cars, if you hit there car enough it should spin outta control and crash n they get ejected or something. Bullets should do more damage when you're shooting them. Something like the bleeding should be hit a tire like some % and they spin outta control n crash.

These are the more thought out ideas for Era a few of us were thinking of.. Especially this next one.

Party Gangs :

Everyone on the server is already allowed to make a party and raid one of the 7 - 8 bases all around gmap, thought it's not a very active thing, and alot of them are usually at EM. This would make that everyone could be in a gang party, and get points make there gang name rise up. The parties have points, and if they get an amount of points, they gain a new member slot. They could do this lets say 3 times, with a large amount to have all the member slots unlocked so there party would be active alot enough to still keep getting points without attendance being a big issue. Say 6- 7 players in one party. But alot of the other parties by then would have 4-5 by then, even the noob ones.

So that EM or BH isn't the only bases being raided, all around gmap parties would be trying to get up there exp by getting gang bases, and others taking over them.

Basically, after a point where a party has achieved enough to become a gang, they get the chance to pick one of the bases all around gmap to be there gang base. After that if the gang is successful and doing a very good job verse the rival gangs and party gangs, unlock more perks like gang gun, and more player slots after very long stretches of doing good as a gang. Like HP levels but a longer grind to get things like gang guns. There will also be rival party gangs that will be trying to take over your base. Having some sort of hostile takeover if you take there base an amount of time or or a 10,000hp chest something. Some sort of system So that parties could take over a gang base and then they have full control over the base, if that gang had a gang gun, the party could use that gang gun ect. If they unlocked a heli or something just an example. Like stuff like that, all the perks the gang has unlocked the party can use while they have the gang base, more members, ect. If they hold it for longer than like 2 hours or something redicious. THEY GET THE BASE! But the gang would have had to be mostly online, prize is great so the difficulty of doing it is that fold. The party would become a gang and have all the perks that were already unlocked. The gang to get there base back would have to do the same thing the party did, hold there base back down for an amount of time to get the base back, and or take over a new gang base by the same process.

I believe this would make every time you log in, a lot of raids, in a lot of different bases. The only real problem i see is if a bunch of gangs just stayed in one gang base raiding. But that might even out anyways. some big crazy raid lol. There would still be points just I think this would make things allot more exciting and worth while maybe. It's just a idea, and I don't take all credit for it. But I thought out a lot of what I wrote.

Spar Team Platoons:

I brought this up a lot. I know most of you have already heard some of this over and over again, but I'ma try to explain it so that you can feel me out on what I'm trying to say. This isn't anything to do with the zone or anything, this is not here to replace gangs at all. It is completely different and can easily co-exist. I've thought this out over years of playing this game, so I ask you to give it a chance when reading this. Me and sales were supposed to actually try to make it happen. But I left Era. I believe it is my legacy in a way . so try too hear me out when i try to explain this.

The main thing I'm trying to promote is skill games, 100% skill games in different environments with trained teams of 6 to a platoon, but scrims are always 4 players, Games would usually still be 4 players but could be 5 at times. There would be 4-5-6 different platoons. All platoons have there own quarters, and this would be down stars from the spar complex in a holloway that has 6 different rooms to the left and right. Players could come downstairs and watch the scrim matches if they wanted, but cannot enter the toons quarters, unless they had a temp tag for scouting. Each squad room has a computer that the commander of the platoon could use to check if another squad with at least 4 online, and request a scrim. There is also two Training rooms in the squads quarters and all members of the platoon can change the environments in the training rooms practicing maneuvers and tactics for the Games. Training is the burden of the commander.

Scrims -Srims have a leader board. The matches could happen anytime if a full platoon is on and challenges another platoon then it lets all the players being challenged get a red message or something. Scrims don't mean much other than practice for the games, and your platoon could be on the top of the scrim leader boards. Each scrim would be random, you get a choice of 5 guns going into a scrim match, even before you see the level it is going to be.

Once both teams are ready, as you step out the level is loaded. Could be no grav could be normal grav matches. Could be anything really, tosses a variation of a few levels at you each time for you to get familiar with, though I could imagine we would make scrims more intense once people get the hang of things, movement, and walls.

Games- Games would be worth a point. All the training and scrims is to prepare platoons for these games, this is the goal. You would be placed mostly in a random generated environment, with different takes each time. These would be intense skill matches, and almost pre-calculated, the Games are under the burden of the General of the Games. At the end of each game witch ever platoon who won gets a point. The leader board for the points are really the most important part about this. That being said, they also get a message from the General of the Games saying that they have to trade someone with this team, or this team has traded this what ever. If a Platoon is doing too well, it is up to the General of the Games to push the matches in the Games even further. Just experiment with things. Usually it will not be you have to do this It would be more like Redplatoon, you must trade 1 to GreenPlatoon. And go from there, though there is no telling what the perk could be after you win a game,

This a diagram I drew up. Hard to follow but read what it says and it should make sense. I am trying to explain movement and something like what combat with movement might look like

Scheduling- Scheduling is NOT write in stone, though Games are set on date and hours. If someone misses a scrim it is there fault for not telling the general of the games, rescheduling is not a big deal, and you would talk it out among your toon and send it in for next weeks Game you are open for.

- General of the Games: Usually someone appointed though excellence though the games, is the overseer of the entire games. He fully understands the mechanics of the games and can make the games ever harder than they already are by swaping good players between platoons and mixing everything up.

Thank you for all your time if you read though this and if you did I don't mind anything you might have to say about either of the ideas. :]

Last edited by defaultaccount; 10-21-2010 at 11:53 PM..
Old 10-21-2010, 06:05 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
For the lost of god run your essay through microsoft word before giving an essay.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:17 AM
Cassini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
For the lost of god run your essay through microsoft word before giving an essay.
I had alot of format but I guess it lost it when I submited the topic, Idk. I'll add some TAB's. But I proof read it for like half an, hours. Made it as easy to follow as possible.

EDIT- yeah when i edit it says all the formatting is there, but doesn't show up so I donno what tell you, sorry.

Last edited by defaultaccount; 10-21-2010 at 06:21 AM.. Reason: Graal Forums Formating
Old 10-21-2010, 06:19 AM
unknown
Logababy will become famous soon enough
I stopped reading after Party Gangs but the idea about choosing their base and stuff is good!
Old 10-21-2010, 06:21 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by defaultaccount View Post
I had alot of format but I guess it lost it when I submited the topic, Idk. I'll add some TAB's. But I proof read it for like half an, hour's. Made it as easy to follow as possible.

EDIT- yeah when i edit it says all the formatting is there, but doesn't show up so I donno what tell you, sorry.
You have formatting errors, spelling errors and grammar errors and I didn't even read all of it I only skimmed half of it. If I were a teacher I would give you a D+ and that's being light.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:24 AM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
Quote:
You have formatting errors, spelling errors and grammar errors and I didn't even read all of it I only skimmed half of it. If I were a teacher I would give you a D+ and that's being light.
this isnt school stfu
Old 10-21-2010, 06:26 AM
unknown
Logababy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
this isnt school stfu
lmao
Old 10-21-2010, 06:30 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
He wants to present an idea so I would hope he'd be willing to proofread it better. I apologize if your primary language isn't English but you really should fix up some of those errors.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:32 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
I think it's really important to remember that.. If the Raiders take over the base, in battlegrounds. Win battlegrounds.

Win battlegrounds guise.

Note: Terrible presentation of idea = terrible chance of it being considered or implemented.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:36 AM
Cassini
Quote:
He wants to present an idea so I would hope he'd be willing to proofread it better. I apologize if your primary language isn't English but you really should fix up some of those errors.
Constructive, basicly just trying to bash what I wrote out of personal gain. I wrote it to the best of my ability and proof read it to the best of my ability. I didn't jus type it up. It took me about 2 hours to write out all of that so sorry it's not up to Ur standers.

But when I look at your avatar. Thinking it might be Sigma...

I'd say that your opinion don't mean sh expecally how you went about trying to just sink the topics first page. Just because there's like what? 2 spelling errors MAYBE (checked over and couldn't find one) and some punctuation I could have used semicolon in or something isn't there, doesn't mean it's not well constructed. Or that Basically, yes it is a well constructed grouping of Idea's, though there might be a run on sentance here and there. Read it, and post something constructive instead of personally not liking me and trying to downplay everything that's in there, by someone posting who didn't even read any of it.

If you're too smart to even bother with the topic why try real hard to sink it. Acting like anyone gives a crap about your rating on spelling,grammar,punctuation and FORMATING (GraalForums don't let you format) when you didn't even read it. Like what??

You're just bashing the topic when there's no spelling errors anyways, maybe some commas out of place or a run on sentence here and there. I guarantee anyone reading it will understand exactly what It's all about anyways.

So guys it's like. Post what ever comes to mind reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
I think it's really important to remember that.. If the Raiders take over the base, in battlegrounds. Win battlegrounds.

Note: Terrible presentation of idea = terrible chance of it being considered or implemented.
Well none of this is written in stone. It is an example to what it might be, or could be. The focus would really be the Games themselves and the scrims. I'm going to remove some of what I was saying before because that might get confusing.. I'd see that as more of a down the road type of thing if this idea stuck. The diagram I drew up took a few hours aswell. It's pretty complex but simple enough if you try to understand what I'm trying to explain.

Last edited by defaultaccount; 10-21-2010 at 08:05 AM..
Old 10-21-2010, 07:44 AM
DirtySk8erballs is on a distinguished road
U typInG daT ****man u geT bigg faT F on uR essaY gRAMmEr cums firsT iN aLL FORUMs;
Old 10-21-2010, 07:51 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
I was only trying to help.. No personal gain to my ego of the sort. I'm sorry that you're taking this personally.

Old 10-21-2010, 07:54 AM
Cassini
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySk8erballs View Post
U typInG daT ****man u geT bigg faT F on uR essaY gRAMmEr cums firsT iN aLL FORUMs;

Man English was one of my favorite courses, I had like 87 coming out of 12 English. I think bud is out of his mind when he Le Accused ME of having ample amount of spelling errors, I mean like: Topic so Le Disgust. Can't read 5 minutes of text, Le Post 9 Posts on how Le Disgustttttt!`

Smug, Le Disgust!

Quote:
I was only trying to help.. No personal gain to my ego of the sort. I'm sorry that you're taking this personally.

I'm defently not taking it personally, though it kind of bothers me when I spend 4 hours on things I've been meaining to properly construct over years of playing this game finally take a good amount of time to get them out on paper, and as usuall someone would come on and be completely smug about it and disregrard everything on the ideas at hand. If you don't play Era, why would you be on this forum bashing a newly open topic. When you don't even play the game.

How are you trying to help? By having that the first few things people read instead of the text there intself, having some grammer freak who probally doesnt understand that you're not smart on any level just becuase you take ur good old time to write something on a forum with completely correct grammer, who wants to waist there time when the enitre post is easy to understand.

you know what but w/e man. thanks for the help

Last edited by defaultaccount; 10-21-2010 at 08:21 AM..
Old 10-21-2010, 08:48 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
I don't see why you're so caught up in the idea I'm trying to prove I'm smart. Get over yourself and learn to take criticism like a man instead of a baby. Coherency is very important in an essay. I don't want to take your idea down. I'm actually interested but if you want people to like it too then take my advice.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:10 AM
Cassini
Quote:
I don't see why you're so caught up in the idea I'm trying to prove I'm smart. Get over yourself and learn to take criticism like a man instead of a baby. Coherency is very important in an essay. I don't want to take your idea down. I'm actually interested but if you want people to like it too then take my advice.
sorry and thank you