Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 06:16 AM
Cassini
defaultaccount is on a distinguished road
endgame- hireing / opening

Hello I'm posting this because I'm thinking of opening a game I thought of a few years ago, I posted a topic on here a few years ago explaining it : http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...hp?t=134261316

I copied what I said there and am going to post it here so you dont have to read that. Basicly I'm looking for any devolopers to help me make a game. It's going to be a futureistic type game a gun fighting game that incorperates gravity. Really, I don't have much made for the game right now or really any direction on how to even start, I don't know much about scripting at all, but I know alot about graal and how to play, and the mechanics of the game, because I've played it for a long time now, I think I could make the game if I had some people that could help me make it.

Alittle about me: I played Era for 8 or 9 years and I devoloped on it as a Gani for a few years aswell, thats pretty much all the dev I know how to do right now, the only thing i can offer is that ill pay for the server. I'd really like a chance to talk to a few experenced devolopers and talk about how I could start makeing this game.

This is a paraphrase from my origonal topic of what the game is really about.

Hi i'm posting this for hirings on a new server i'm planning on creating. Heavily focused on gun tactics and skill. I have played Era for a long time, this is the first time I considered going through with making this, but I've been thinking of developing it for a few years now..

How it works:

I'm planning on making a game that focuses on training within teams [platoons] that battle each other in gravity environments using 'wall vaults' and firing for direction and speed, these 'games' count towards points. These platoons have a team commander that directs the team, and trains they're team in this gravity environment, each time being a new gravity enviorment. Each point also equals to a achivement for the whole team, these points are crutial to the entire game

this is a diagram i made a while ago, the text is pretty much usless, but i like how i made the diagram showing you the kind of movement i plan on making, notice how each wall vault incresses ur speed the stuff on the right is kinda confusing, but thats kind of how the movement would work on the left side.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2la7tpf.png

At the end of each semester of games, the two top teams battle specific type of battle that i imagine being alot diferent then the gravity enviorment, I was thinking a squad type war game, without gravity.

There is also scrimishes that platoons can have, they are a more of a spontaneous type of game where less people are fighting in the game, with random settings: randomized levels, diferent gravity settings. Also having events in modern settings, for all players playing.

The guns are split up in tiers. Tiers have to be unlocked and bought, as well of the guns. All guns have a good amount of tactical attachments that have to be bought and unlocked. Most of the attachments are not really powerfull modifications, but id imagine some pirticular ones are

The game heavily focuses on platoons and the games as well as rank. Rank is decided on two diferent factors, system rank and another hiarchy of rank, I havent thought too much on how the rank system would work, but I know id try to make it a dual system. Other than just that there is tier lobbies as well as a global lobby. These lobbies have a battle room that players can just enter and fight. Example being ULMS on Era, having it change from no gravity and and normal gravity environments by commanders scouting for members. As well as having gravity spars, team spars, and individual ranked spars.

I plan on hosting the server next month. As the game starts out I only plan on having two or three battle rooms, so the start of the game is very low matanence, I dont plan on having large gmaps, or really any gmaps. I think it might be easy to start the game out being how it is.

What I need right now is a few people on RC bounce ideas off eachoter and me of and to theorise how i could approach making a game like this, to explain some more of the elements of the game is that the game is heavily focused on these points that the different platoons fight for, the perk is decided by staff. As you start out as a player you get a choice of two or three guns, and can go from there to the spar room, or gravity training rooms and play in open maps, the squad based events are scedualed events ingame. What I need right now is a dedicated scripter to head the project. My email is [email protected], contact me there about the game if you're interested in helping out.

what i'm working on right now is the tileset, I could use some help, but I made some pretty good tiles already. I'll hire whoever emails me, when I get the RC. I think people can still buy servers

Last edited by defaultaccount; 04-19-2013 at 08:38 AM..
Old 04-19-2013, 03:06 PM
brokk is on a distinguished road
Good Luck!

smh
Old 04-20-2013, 05:06 PM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
this sounds like zone but modern style in a way

Zone u log on work on just ur char to fight against other people in battle ground combat also have guild wars like that ect if Zone just added Ranks and stuff like that then would just be the same just too much similarities to even try to take a shot at it..
maybe if u have aircrafts wars and little bit more different would be alright like bf2 was the commander and launch missiles strikes ect have medic packs drop but besides
this could work for iphone device but pc community is not big enough to really support it to be fun just too small
Old 04-21-2013, 12:00 AM
Cassini
Looking at this picture: http://i54.tinypic.com/2la7tpf.png

I've made alot of tweeks and diferent modes I'll have for the battle rooms. I plan on having these options chosen before the ranked matches start, and through these options and tweeks, i plan on trying to find the best fighting syle and the default fighting peramiters here are some of the peramiters i was thinking of off the top of my head:

*note that some of these tweeks will be used in the point system. these apply to all players,
The diferent modes of the battle rooms are gravity type tweeks as follows:
-player and player orbital gravity, force and distance
-numpad directional key constrants, force and magnatude and distance
-object orbital gravity, force and distance. also making objects themself have gravity (most objects will be called 'stars')
-special type objects such as escalator type hills and mines
-flag room with the flag as main gravity source/ one side has flag option
-freezes / freezer weapons
-freezes after flag capture then responds / no freeze and respawn after flag capture
-most ranked matches will have base weapon skill and stats / sometimes off and sometimes more severe weapon restrants
-there will also be event matches where the mechanics will heavily be tweeked, also with non gravity events.
-player baught perks on and off and limited also in ranked matches
-at the end of every season there is a non-gravity event for the two top teams in points.

its kind of confusing but i find if your looking at the picture imaging how battles will be. I'm trying to find a way to make fights and combat more then one fly through fights. so like instead of having players fighting eachother then having to find eachother again in the feild, having orbatal gravity so they can menover around eachother if there close enough circle "orbet" themselves, and follow them using the gravity pull they have. thats just one example of the tweeks for the gameplay. i plan on testing all these settings out to find the ideal setting for the BRs

ive wrote down alot more about the systems. i'm going to make the weapons have color depicting there tier and have actuall tier unlocks, along with a crafting system for making and unlocking the teirs and upgrades/attachments. heres a few guns i made for the game.

http://tinypic.com/r/2qk8568/4

http://tinypic.com/r/5ui93m/4

Last edited by defaultaccount; 04-21-2013 at 01:59 PM..
Old 04-21-2013, 03:50 PM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
those maps look small those maps = to how many levels if u say like 15 levels wouldn't u think it will be too small to support 100 players during the first week of classic tab?

this sounds more like a event then a server
Old 05-07-2013, 07:00 PM
Participant
BrentWood can only hope to improve
Send a message via Yahoo to BrentWood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave_J View Post
those maps look small those maps = to how many levels if u say like 15 levels wouldn't u think it will be too small to support 100 players during the first week of classic tab?

this sounds more like a event then a server

Hey, Did you know they added spell check to the forums some years ago?
Old 05-08-2013, 01:50 AM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentWood View Post
Hey, Did you know they added spell check to the forums some years ago?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentWood View Post
Evening Graalian(s),

I decided to put together a fun little poll for Era players and people outside of era. This is just basically a Management poll where you can give your personal and honest point of view on each individual Manager from Alphonso to Fidel. Feel free to leave comments and (or) additional information on the last page, and most importantly: right what you feel and post the truth! Besides, only a few people will see your response... (Or Everyone)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19P7...Q6Ngg/viewform
Alfonso*
write*
questionnaire*

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw poorly-written stones.

Take, I can't say I perfectly follow the flow of your idea. What I can glean off your writing seems like a cool idea, though. Let me know if I can ever be of service -- I script poorly in a couple languages, LAT, blah blah.

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:31 PM
Participant
BrentWood can only hope to improve
Send a message via Yahoo to BrentWood
Hey Did You know they added spell check to the forums some years ago?

Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.
A checker is a bless sing,
It freeze yew lodes of thyme.
It helps me right awl stiles two reed,
And aides me when aye rime.

Each frays come posed up on my screen,
Eye trussed to bee a joule;
The checker pours o'er every word,
To cheque sum spelling rule.

Be fore a veiling checkers
Hour spelling mite decline,
And if were lacks or have a laps,
We wood be maid to wine.

Butt now bee cause my spelling
Is checked with such grate flare,
Their are know faults with in my cite,
Of non eye am a wear.

Now spelling does knot phase me,
It does knot bring a tier.
My pay purrs awl due glad den with wrapped words fare as hear.

To rite with care is quite a feet
Of witch won should be proud.
And wee mussed dew the best wee can,
Sew flaws are knot aloud.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rarely ever wrong.

Sow ewe can sea why aye dew prays
Such soft ware four pea seas.
And why I brake in two averse
By righting want too pleas.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:55 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
you win this round

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:21 AM
Cassini
I'm still in need of a NAT or Programmer to make some of the systems, the weapons and gravity.

I've decided to branch out with the game. I made most of the tileset myself, along with most of the weapons ill need. Lunarbase has already been made and most of all the tiles ill need are made. All the weapons upgrade in a level based system. Alot of the whole dynamic of the game is up in the air, but most of the mechanics of the gameplay i've already thought up or played out in my head with the diferent talent/perk trees. I'm calling the game Planet Base.

As far as the scale of the game goes, I plan on focusing just on the spar complex battle room senarios. After the game grows from the spar complex, I plan on making multiple planets all with their own value, parts of these planets can be baught. I plan on letting alot of the players make their own weapons/levels/busssinesses ect. So all these planets get built up. Also all the planets have their own factions, these made by players are like the raid groups. All that being said, alot of the factions/planets and bussinesses all that sort of stuff will be added on later, i plan on making alot of that way later, after the spar systems are complete.

For scale wise, Im up for making 100s of diferent planets, and having alot of space battles between players. I was thinking having players get out of their spaceship and fight eachother in space. Alot of this idea was from a friend of mine CEODirectorIMC, he thought up alot of the space idea. Mainly, I'll be focusing on just the sparing aspect of the game, and what was said in my origonal post, and my old topic.

So what can you expect for release? I would like to have atleast 10-20 diferent tier type weapons (that being a gun that levels up) with diferent attachments that add stats/mobility to ur character, and having another aditonal 20 non-tier guns. I havent really thought about equipment like space gear, I dont know if I'll be useing equipment like armor or wear equipment more then a helmet, probally not even that. But for release you can expect what was said in origonal post. "LunarBase" is basicly what it says, the moon colonized. But it's quite small only a jail, police, spar complex, gun store and a few other places. Outside the base is wilderness type gmap, it will be a complete battle zone where players fight eachother, and raid eachother. I also plan on having There will be two main factions for lunar base, and the police force. I havent thought out alot of these systems. It would be nice to have people on RC just to help with the idea of everything, like i said. This might sound alot like zone, but it wont be. The games focus right now is the spar complexes and the battle rooms, the spar senarios and mastering making them as entertaining and as chalanging as possible.

I'd really like the help, anyone willing to help make this is welcome to come help out. I don't care how much you work, or anything like that. But I could use any type staff. Anyone interested in the game, or read this, should come on the server.

It's up right now Dev Defaultaccount. Message me ingame or my RC and Ill get back to you, my internet has been shotty for the last few days. So if i don't respond, email me [email protected]. I could use anyone willing to help.

Thanks. I think this will be the last update I post. But like i said. It sounds like nothing got done from then till now, or that it's going to be a dead server. Well I'm willing to put all my time into this and money, and I know I can make a good game. I got a good idea for graal, I dont think Graal ever really thought about making a gravity based game, like the one I'm trying to create.

Also, to any staff that stick with it from the start, I'll keep and make sure is paid if the server ends up paid. I wont forget the people helping out, and also I don't think itll be dificult to make what I got in mind for the server either. I just need a few of the main systems. Gravity./Weappons, and well be on our way to making this.

Last edited by defaultaccount; 05-11-2013 at 02:51 AM..
Old 07-08-2013, 01:03 AM
Cassini
I updated the server so it now has weapons. Log on Dev Defaultaccount and grab the mp5 in the start level. Use T and G to upgrade the gun or downgrade it, it has up to 16 right now use f to switch weapons, I'm currently working on the gravity and the inventory. Here's the inventory example I've got it doesn't show any statistics yet or text but this is what I got done so far. The game has a gmap but I'm going to keep focusing on making all the weapons and the spar complex battlerooms like the image in my original post aspect of the game. The higher the weight of the item the larger it is in ur inventory.

here's the inventory example. My internet isn't on right now so I can't upload it yet. http://tinypic.com/r/nvqtfs/5

but log on dev defaultaccount and check out what I got done so far. Mail me on here for hiring, I'm looking for graphic staff, scripter or really any type staff theres no gravity right now the game is still in development but I've got weapons coded and the inventory almost made

Last edited by defaultaccount; 07-08-2013 at 10:32 PM..