Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2011, 03:13 PM
blackbeltben is on a distinguished road
How do you go about....

So i was wondering, how do you go about making a server for the iphone.
I understand you need to make the movement using mouse down and etc., but can someone give me more details about the requirements to make one, and all the nitty gritty.

PS. i always wondered why iphone servers dont have an inventory :/
Old 08-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Zapped
BradThaBad is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to BradThaBad
first of all, you gotta learn how to make an app FOR the iDevice

your MOM
Old 08-24-2011, 03:51 PM
so you can't just make the server and get stefan to throw it on iphone?
Old 08-24-2011, 04:21 PM
Vendetta
JesusFreak250 will become famous soon enough
no.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:25 PM
Coder
0PiX0 is a jewel in the rough0PiX0 is a jewel in the rough
I don't think the requirements for a free-to-play server have been officially released.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad View Post
We are planning to give the opportunity to PlayerWorld owners to move to Free To Play either. We will soon give a list of requirements to move a server Free To Play.
Development is nearly the same. It is important to keep screen size in mind when developing for iPhone. Controls other than the movement keys must be handled by receiving mouse events in gui objects. Other than that, it's (mostly) optimization of scripts.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:11 PM
let's say i have the server done with screen sizing done and such, how do i get it as an app on iphone??
Old 08-24-2011, 06:15 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Step 1: Round up a set of levels, levels taken from any existing server will do, it doesn't matter.

Step 2: Ensure any complex scripting is removed from all levels. It is often said among iPhone staff that anything which may potentially constitute gameplay would be too laggy.

Step 3: Optionally create a GMAP which contains many inaccessible areas beyond the boundaries of your visible map. Players expecting to experience an adventure will inevitably find ways to reach these areas and will obtain a greater sense of accomplishment than less adventurous players.
If done successfully players will record their findings and upload them to youtube under the false pretence of them being new unreleased areas, giving hope to those who yearn for gameplay.

Step 4: Optionally search for tilesets such as within the free tiles threads to mix and match together. If done successfully you'll be able to say your tileset is new and improved without making too much effort.

Step 5: Ensure your server has plenty of staff toy... I mean tools. Players will love being manipulated by these, and shall generally remain loyal to the server in the hope of one day being able to fill your staffs boots, no pun intended.

Step 6: Create a jail level to imprison all of those who criticise your server or call your staff members naughty names on social networking sites or youtube. Ensure the jail is welcoming, a "Welcome to jail" message will suffice.

Step 7: Design a title screen. It is important that it doesn't reflect your server too much or else it will ruin the element of surprise.

Step 8: Collect hats.

Step 9: ???

Step 10: Profit.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Banned
blader2007_p2p is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
Step 1: Round up a set of levels, levels taken from any existing server will do, it doesn't matter.

Step 2: Ensure any complex scripting is removed from all levels. It is often said among iPhone staff that anything which may potentially constitute gameplay would be too laggy.

Step 3: Optionally create a GMAP which contains many inaccessible areas beyond the boundaries of your visible map. Players expecting to experience an adventure will inevitably find ways to reach these areas and will obtain a greater sense of accomplishment than less adventurous players.
If done successfully players will record their findings and upload them to youtube under the false pretence of them being new unreleased areas, giving hope to those who yearn for gameplay.

Step 4: Optionally search for tilesets such as within the free tiles threads to mix and match together. If done successfully you'll be able to say your tileset is new and improved without making too much effort.

Step 5: Ensure your server has plenty of staff toy... I mean tools. Players will love being manipulated by these, and shall generally remain loyal to the server in the hope of one day being able to fill your staffs boots, no pun intended.

Step 6: Create a jail level to imprison all of those who criticise your server or call your staff members naughty names on social networking sites or youtube. Ensure the jail is welcoming, a "Welcome to jail" message will suffice.

Step 7: Design a title screen. It is important that it doesn't reflect your server too much or else it will ruin the element of surprise.

Win.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:21 PM
Coder
0PiX0 is a jewel in the rough0PiX0 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
-snip- The 10 iPhone dev commandments -snip-

Appears to be working...
Old 08-24-2011, 08:40 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0PiX0 View Post

Appears to be working...
Including the Facebook server makes it somewhat difficult to determine whether you're being serious or sarcastic, as this gulf in playercount suggests that iPhone's success (it would ofcourse be foolish to deny the existence ofwhich) is largely down to external circumstances from the server itself (such as happening to be a convenient chat device with an avatar?).

Facebook may well have earned Graal a significant income as it seems many have purchased a VIP subscription, but if you're going to go by playercount alone then it clearly shows that a virtual clone of the iPhone server has garnered a playercount which is slightly less than that of Zodiac, and a significant portion of this is also down to iPhone players.
This is hardly an ascension of Graal's global playercount.

Having said that it would be unfair to tarnish all iPhone projects with the same brush, iEra updates seem to be improving and therefore it's no coincidence that its playercount is on the rise, plus iKingdoms promises an improvement on quality.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:43 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Jail got removed on iClassic and I think also on iEra. You will be sent into a warning room and if you won´t care a fk and go on you will be banned.

Last edited by callimuc; 08-25-2011 at 01:25 AM..
Old 08-24-2011, 09:18 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
That's so true man.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Last edited by NicoX; 08-24-2011 at 10:50 PM..
Old 08-24-2011, 10:30 PM
Bubble13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Lol, so true.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:43 AM
You just lost the game.
Derpp is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by callimuc View Post
Jail got removed on iClassic and I think also on iEra. You will be sent into a warning room and if you won´t care a fk and go on you will be banned.
Untrue, in the case of iEra anyway.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:59 AM
Bubble13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpp View Post
Untrue, in the case of iEra anyway.
It happens to be true on iClassic. I know people who this happened to (but they don't always warn you first).