Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2011, 08:52 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
You should put this on GitHub so it's easier to keep track of changes and contribute to. I wouldn't mind trying to fix the memory stuff if you do that.
Sorry, missed this post.
https://github.com/dustyshouri/NW2PNG2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
No errors were returned for me this time which is good for generating a basic map, however no characters/ganis were rendered.
I tested it with a GS2 showcharacter() in the following script:
PHP Code:
function onCreated() {

// Initialize the attributes

showcharacter();

this.headimg     "head19.png";

this.colors[0]   = "orange";

this.colors[1]   = "gray";

this.colors[2]   = "gray";

this.colors[3]   = "brown";

this.colors[4]   = "black";

this.shieldimg   "shield1.gif";

this.shieldpower 1;

this.dir 3;

setcharani("walk",null);

this.startx this.x;

this.starty this.y;

this.this.starty 5;

this.this.startx 16;

this.shadow.-= 1;

And it worked fine. Could you email me the gmap and levels, or at least one of the levels that's having problems? [email protected]
Old 11-24-2011, 09:10 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Actually it was my mistake, the gani files were not within the cache, there being no "gani file not found" error.

Edit: Now the weird thing is, I've updated filenamecache, but the program is just getting stuck on generating, there being no command prompt in the background.

Last edited by ffcmike; 11-24-2011 at 09:33 PM..
Old 11-24-2011, 10:18 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Actually it was my mistake, the gani files were not within the cache, there being no "gani file not found" error.

Edit: Now the weird thing is, I've updated filenamecache, but the program is just getting stuck on generating, there being no command prompt in the background.
It's hard for me to say exactly what it's hanging up on without seeing the error. Maybe the next version should output all print traces to a log file.
Old 11-25-2011, 12:37 AM
Quote:

Here, newest version writes all stack traces to a log file. That way you can paste the logs so I can review them.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NW2PNG2.0.zip (244.4 KB, 934 views)
Old 11-25-2011, 11:51 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Here, newest version writes all stack traces to a log file. That way you can paste the logs so I can review them.
An error.txt file is generated, however no text is contained within it.
I've made sure an older version is still working.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:13 PM
Quote:
An error.txt file is generated, however no text is contained within it.
I've made sure an older version is still working.
You can try this one, apparently I didn't catch all errors.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NW2PNG2.0.zip (244.4 KB, 978 views)
Old 11-25-2011, 06:43 PM
Banned
Quote:
You can try this one, apparently I didn't catch all errors.
Quote:
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "="
at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unk nown Source)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
at src.born2kill.nw2png.NW2PNGHelper.renderLevel(NW2P NGHelper.java:333)
at src.born2kill.nw2png.NW2PNGHelper.renderGmap(NW2PN GHelper.java:706)
at src.born2kill.nw2png.NW2PNGHelper.run(NW2PNGHelper .java:148)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "g"

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "="
I don't know what this means exactly, but I have re-browsed to each necessary file/location to ensure the destinations exist.
Old 11-25-2011, 06:48 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Good work dusty!

Quote:
ensure to ensure
lol?
Old 11-25-2011, 08:45 PM
Quote:
I don't know what this means exactly, but I have re-browsed to each necessary file/location to ensure the destinations exist.
Okay, sorry but I realized it's pretty useless without knowing the levels the errors are occuring in, so I've tried to keep track of the activities somewhat for better debugging. Then at least you could try to trace it down to a specific NPC or at least level. Then you could maybe send me the level.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NW2PNG2.0.zip (245.1 KB, 995 views)
Old 11-25-2011, 09:02 PM
Banned
Quote:
Okay, sorry but I realized it's pretty useless without knowing the levels the errors are occuring in, so I've tried to keep track of the activities somewhat for better debugging. Then at least you could try to trace it down to a specific NPC or at least level. Then you could maybe send me the level.
Figured it out.

The problem happened to be occurring with the very first top left level of the map, even if I had "Render NPCs" unticked.
So I gradually removed all of the more complex NPCs to try and single out the culprit, the problem still happened, and continued until I had removed every NPC, then it managed to move onto the next level.
However adding a simple image only NPC worked, whereas adding an NPC of this.join("object_bush"); caused the problem again.

I hadn't actually got around to testing class images, I tried again after removing "bush=bush.png" from the text file and it's still happening.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Figured it out.

The problem happened to be occurring with the very first top left level of the map, even if I had "Render NPCs" unticked.
So I gradually removed all of the more complex NPCs to try and single out the culprit, the problem still happened, and continued until I had removed every NPC, then it managed to move onto the next level.
However adding a simple image only NPC worked, whereas adding an NPC of this.join("object_bush"); caused the problem again.

I hadn't actually got around to testing class images, I tried again after removing "bush=bush.png" from the text file and it's still happening.
Your current version is in the middle of content updates, so some stuff doesn't work, like the 'Render NPCs' option. Could you tell me the log with the new debug version so I can find out what exactly is chocking the parser, and maybe send me the level it's having problems on?
Old 11-25-2011, 09:16 PM
Banned
The same thing happens if I create a blank level in the editor, add an NPC with the script this.join("object_bush");, save it as new1.nw and attempt to render that.
Error log just contained "Parsing level: new1.nw", unless I'm missing something.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:40 PM
Quote:
The same thing happens if I create a blank level in the editor, add an NPC with the script this.join("object_bush");, save it as new1.nw and attempt to render that.
Error log just contained "Parsing level: new1.nw", unless I'm missing something.
Oh okay, I know the problem. Problem is it's expecting "this.blah = 1" and thus looking for "=" and causing a parsing error when it can't find it(in this case calling a function). It should only attempt to parse variables if actually assigning a value to one now.

Here's an updated version until the "complete" update, the render NPCs option still does nothing, but join classes are now rendered and we can see if it's fixing your issues.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NW2PNG2.0.zip (246.0 KB, 936 views)
Old 11-26-2011, 01:04 AM
Banned
Same problem is still occurring.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Same problem is still occurring.
Here, I think I fixed it. I wasn't accounting when searching for a join image reference was returning null.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NW2PNG2.0.zip (246.0 KB, 928 views)