Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2014, 05:12 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Forums logo changed

The forums color scheme (green) is still the original Graal2001-themed scheme that matches the website from 2001. The logo was changed in 2002 to reflect "Graal2002 style" when in reality, this art style is kind of bad and wasn't kept. 2002 even changed its art style and name to Kingdoms since then.

Could we get the old logo back?
Old 02-07-2014, 06:37 PM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
careful, they might change it to -

Old 02-07-2014, 11:16 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
OH GOD NOOOOO, Pleast just leave it. Last time they revamped the site was horrible.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:30 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Wasn't it mentioned the website would get fixed/finished as well as updates to the forums? Last I knew they had fragmented versions of the website with a poor choice in navigation to reach pc download link. I would be interested in seeing some revamp on the forums.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:37 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I'm glad that Stefan and Unixmad are too lazy to ever touch the forums.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:02 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of

It looked similar to this, but this appears to be an edited version of the original image from 2001. Originally you could clearly see the outside of the bar from Harmonia in the background.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:56 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post

It looked similar to this, but this appears to be an edited version of the original image from 2001. Originally you could clearly see the outside of the bar from Harmonia in the background.
Yes, when I made that loading screen I based it on this (my personal favorite).
Old 02-10-2014, 02:37 AM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
http://web.archive.org/web/200103302...aalonline.com/

EDIT:
too late. :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Also my favorite, but I feel that loadingscreen doesn't really give it justice. :/
Old 02-10-2014, 04:57 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gos_pira View Post
Also my favorite, but I feel that loadingscreen doesn't really give it justice. :/
I believe they replaced my version with something different.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:25 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
No, nostalgia go away!
Old 02-10-2014, 08:29 AM
Minoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to behold
What were they thinking?
Old 02-10-2014, 10:18 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoc View Post
What were they thinking?
Pew pew.

Probably to try and get some attention driven toward Zone at the time considering the immediately previous website theme was the "Graal Kingdoms theme", a server that was surviving far better than Zone. They probably incorrectly attributed GK's standing in relation to Zone to the marketing of the website design. Singling out a server to use as a theme has proven to not be popular with the community, though.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 02-10-2014, 02:43 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Yeah, that's my personal favorite as well. Same goes for the old website layout from back then. It looked so clean and unified.

I've often said that if they ever update the site again, it should be based on this design.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	classiclayout.png
Views:	1000
Size:	267.0 KB
ID:	55583   Click image for larger version

Name:	2k1layout.png
Views:	1008
Size:	864.8 KB
ID:	55584  
Old 02-10-2014, 04:18 PM
Minoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
Pew pew.

Probably to try and get some attention driven toward Zone at the time considering the immediately previous website theme was the "Graal Kingdoms theme", a server that was surviving far better than Zone. They probably incorrectly attributed GK's standing in relation to Zone to the marketing of the website design. Singling out a server to use as a theme has proven to not be popular with the community, though.
I think the problem is more the general style than the reference to Zone, the current website as a whole is much worse than its previous iterations (both in usability and attractiveness).