Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Playerworld Administration Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2008, 08:38 AM
-
moondeath is on a distinguished road
TSAdmin hardly has the credentials to be a PWA. Two classic servers? One of which is just jumped up to management from being a FAQ/LAT. He hasn't even been manager long enough to prove his worth yet. It seems as if the only reason Houdiniman is taking any interest in him is because he likes him, not because of his application and qualifications. It is absolutely absurd to think that hiring TSAdmin is a good idea, he doesn't have any experience at all with dealing with problems, only Era -- for a short while, which he hasn't even done a great job managing. He just helped out on Zodiac for a little while, but that's no experience gained either. At least hire someone who is good for the job.

Last edited by moondeath; 03-12-2008 at 08:43 AM.. Reason: blah
Old 03-12-2008, 09:13 AM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Quote:
Originally Posted by moondeath View Post
TSAdmin hardly has the credentials to be a PWA. Two classic servers? One of which is just jumped up to management from being a FAQ/LAT. He hasn't even been manager long enough to prove his worth yet. It seems as if the only reason Houdiniman is taking any interest in him is because he likes him, not because of his application and qualifications. It is absolutely absurd to think that hiring TSAdmin is a good idea, he doesn't have any experience at all with dealing with problems, only Era -- for a short while, which he hasn't even done a great job managing. He just helped out on Zodiac for a little while, but that's no experience gained either. At least hire someone who is good for the job.
Ok.
Who are you?
How does being a manager of a classic server not give you any credentials?
And if he did his job great or not thats YOUR opinion, the staff can form their own opinion.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:13 AM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Quote:
Originally Posted by moondeath View Post
Blah
Well...as soon as someone shows up with management experience in 50 servers, I'm sure they will shine. Until then, we'll give it our best
Old 03-12-2008, 09:26 AM
-
moondeath is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmeh View Post
Ok.
Who are you?
How does being a manager of a classic server not give you any credentials?
And if he did his job great or not thats YOUR opinion, the staff can form their own opinion.
Who am I? No one, what does it matter?

The fact I don't see how he got bumped from FAQ to manager without even having any type of experence managing or anything of the sort, and it is not only mine but half of the servers opinion I'm more then certain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
Well...as soon as someone shows up with management experience in 50 servers, I'm sure they will shine. Until then, we'll give it our best
What does what have to do with anything? Stop posting just to post please.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:27 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by moondeath
Stuff about going from FAQ to Manager
It took me a year and a half - 2 years of going from job to job to get to Manager, it wasn't a giant bound from a Non-RC FAQ up to Manager o.O and that's how it's sounding. And even if you think a year and a half is a short time, then I really would have to say in my defence that I am pretty decent at picking up experience in your eyes and using it to my credit and full potential.

As far as HoudiniMan goes by way of the comment "just because he likes him", in my honest opinion, I don't really think I've given him any reason at all to like me, so whether he likes me or not, I doubt it'd cloud his judgement about me.

I do have to thank you, though. It's about time my thread had some action. A lot of the other ones are full to the brim of flames, derailments, and unusual posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoudiniMan
Tell us how you see the transition going from Era manager to PWA in detail
Well, to be honest "how you see the transition" is a very general question. It could be ease/difficulty, what I'll do about Era if I got PWA, how I'd handle dividing my attention between the two at first before leaving Era officially as a member, so I'll assume all and answer as best I can:

I have been thinking about it, over time, and come up with the following-

Let's assume that Era's reset hadn't happened yet. To start out, I'd assess the situation currently at hand. From that, one of two things could happen:
  1. It's not ready, not as simple as initiating that 'flick of the switch'.
    I stick around Era, juggle responsibilities for a week or so, sort out my successor while trying to double time the development that I'd feel better knowing I was involved in, even if it meant doing the bulk of it myself, then leave it in my successor's hands to reset as they see fit - undivided attention for PWA duties, no question. In all honesty, provided there was someone competent to replace me, there'd be no actual need for me to remain there any longer than a week, if that.
  2. It's ready, hardly an issue at hand.
    - Second half of point 1 -

On further notes, if in some other regard you mean "What do I expect in change of responsibility and role", going from Manager to PWA certainly would take some settling into and wouldn't be a simple walk in the park routine, but I expect I'd handle the transition fairly well. I'm self motivated, and I never get bored of something after 5 minutes of being a part of it. I also understand that I would be faced with issues whereupon a fairly large number of others will rely on me at any given time for things not as simple as "Can you check logs of this...", and I can take that on.

If this isn't what you meant at all, let me know. I'm not 100(percent sign) sure if I confused what you meant with how I read into the question.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 03-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Retired Oldbie
MrAnonymous_P2P is an unknown quantity at this point
I think the best way for the transition to be able to go slowly would be let TSA know that he is going to be getting the job about 3-6 months in advance. Then he can prepare Era for the change, whether that be getting updates in to stabilize it, or finding a good replacement manager.

It takes a long time to do both of those. Atleast in my opinion it should take longer than 1 week.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:12 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAnonymous_P2P View Post
I think the best way for the transition to be able to go slowly would be let TSA know that he is going to be getting the job about 3-6 months in advance. Then he can prepare Era for the change, whether that be getting updates in to stabilize it, or finding a good replacement manager.

It takes a long time to do both of those. Atleast in my opinion it should take longer than 1 week.
I can see where you're coming from, but on the other hand, you have to keep in mind that if I got this, I may no longer be an official member of Era's staff team, but I'd also not be on PWA duties 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and in my free time my services could be used on Era if they wanted it. I don't think it would require all that much notice. Applying for a position in anything, you'd have to expect to be given no warning of your imminent announcement of success or failure in the application process. I found out from someone spamming me on MSN that I got manager of Era, and I didn't even see it coming.

...and if ever I needed a place to go and do things on, I'd more than likely head for Era and chat with the people who have helped me get so far. It'd beat sitting on RC on the "Login" server should I find myself with free time to kill, talking to myself, lol.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:59 PM
ImmortalHuman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
6) Show us some examples of your good judgement in certain situations.
In all honesty, just think about most problems any Manager/Server Administrator would face. Chances are, I've faced them, and overcome them in somewhat my own way, as described above.
HAHA HAHA!

You don't have good judgement at all not one bit ,it's kinda funny that everyone that is on ventrilo (VOIP Client) has a staff position on Era. You play favorites and probably would do so if you ended up getting a PWA position.I'd rather have someone like Tig then you he has friends and never plays favorites with them when it comes to player world administration.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:25 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I'm going to take back my former opinion that TSA would make a good PWA due to his poor decision making and not dealing with difficulties on Era.

I had a certain problem due to an FAQ giving false information, he said things such as "give it a rest", "go ahead and make a support ticket", "it's only money" etc.

I ended up making a support ticket, and one of the NATs was more then willing to help me, when all TSA did was tell me to give it a rest.

So yes, rejecting my former opinion of him making a good PWA.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:35 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
I'm not really familiar with era! What work do you do as manager there, any Dev work, or are you one of the managers that sit there and tell others what to do?
Old 03-13-2008, 02:20 AM
Forum Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalHuman View Post
HAHA HAHA!

You don't have good judgement at all not one bit ,it's kinda funny that everyone that is on ventrilo (VOIP Client) has a staff position on Era. You play favorites and probably would do so if you ended up getting a PWA position.I'd rather have someone like Tig then you he has friends and never plays favorites with them when it comes to player world administration.
I have no clue who you are, but to put that straight, just about everyone who has Ventrilo and an RC on Era had one or the other before I could even add or remove rights. Personally, I barely even get on Ventrilo at all, unless I have the urge to talk to someone.

Edit: I also have no clue as to why your very first post, having just joined the forums, was drawn directly toward my application, and not to the "Hello's and Goodbye's" Sub-Forum, or anywhere else in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud
I'm going to take back my former opinion that TSA would make a good PWA due to his poor decision making and not dealing with difficulties on Era.

I had a certain problem due to an FAQ giving false information, he said things such as "give it a rest", "go ahead and make a support ticket", "it's only money" etc.

I ended up making a support ticket, and one of the NATs was more then willing to help me, when all TSA did was tell me to give it a rest.

So yes, rejecting my former opinion of him making a good PWA.
I'm sorry to hear about your withdrawal of support, but when I asked you about the situation, and you told me about it, I told you that I would look into it. Only 12 hours had passed and you were still camping on my back about it, and there'd been no chance for me to discuss with the FAQ in question if it were true/false/indifferent, before I simply just gave you money as compensation out of nowhere. Money is one of the reasons Era's in the state it's been getting into. You not giving me a chance to get all angles of situation before spamming me over and over again with "Give me Give me Give me" didn't sit right with me after I told you multiple times I would handle it for you, so I told you to "Give it a rest" when you kept sending me the same thing over and over again when I already knew what you wanted. I wasn't telling you to drop it, I was telling you to give it a rest.

That's around the time you told me you were going to file a support ticket about it, and I didn't rudely reply to you with something as you said 'go ahead and make a ticket', all I said was "Okay" because I can't tell you what to do when it comes to making your own decision about a course of action, especially when I had told you I'd sort it out. The NAT may have had better luck getting a hold of the FAQ you were talking about, and I certainly hope he did, because if every player said "I dont have this, because such-and-such said nothing bad would happen" and someone just simply gave it back, there'd be a lot of unhappy players around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork
I'm not really familiar with era! What work do you do as manager there, any Dev work, or are you one of the managers that sit there and tell others what to do?
I've always been a dev guy, so although I don't develop as much as I used to, I still do work. Sometimes it's easier that I do some things myself, because then I don't need to explain to someone what I want done, how I want it to be, etc etc and jump right to the end result I had in mind.

Last edited by TSAdmin; 03-13-2008 at 10:56 AM..
Old 03-13-2008, 02:25 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
What work do you do now?
Old 03-13-2008, 02:33 AM
Forum Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
What work do you do now?
While my roots remain in LAT, my LATs seem to share a view with me which basically puts me out of work there, but I've found that a lot of scripting needs doing. Crow does the bulk of that, as well, so I'm not as much help there, but I've created a few systems, classes, level scripts and so forth where needed. There's really only two things I can simply say "I can't do it" to: Gani and Graphics. Gani because I was far more interested in the Level Editor than I was in the Animation Editor, and Graphics because I plain suck at drawing with a pencil, let alone try and create something with a computer, as well as my lack of programs that'd aid me in doing such work.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:18 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
I'm sorry to hear about your withdrawal of support, but when I asked you about the situation, and you told me about it, I told you that I would look into it. Only 12 hours had passed and you were still camping on my back about it, and there'd been no chance for me to discuss with the FAQ in question if it were true/false/indifferent, before I simply just gave you money as compensation out of nowhere. Money is one of the reasons Era's in the state it's been getting into. You not giving me a chance to get all angles of situation before spamming me over and over again with "Give me Give me Give me" didn't sit right with me after I told you multiple times I would handle it for you, so I told you to "Give it a rest" when you kept sending me the same thing over and over again when I already knew what you wanted. I wasn't telling you to drop it, I was telling you to give it a rest.

That's around the time you told me you were going to file a support ticket about it, and I didn't rudely reply to you with something as you said 'go ahead and make a ticket', all I said was "Okay" because I can't tell you what to do when it comes to making your own decision about a course of action, especially when I had told you I'd sort it out. The NAT may have had better luck getting a hold of the FAQ you were talking about, and I certainly hope he did, because if every player said "I dont have this, because such-and-such said nothing bad would happen" and someone just simply gave it back, there'd be a lot of unhappy players around.
Meh, you have my support again.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:19 PM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
Meh, you have my support again.
He said, while not even 12 hours have passed O.o