Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-23-2007, 08:19 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
On kingdoms it was really bad because people didn't help new players at all knowing that they will lose everything at logout. With the restart yesterday a few things have been changed so that trial players shouldn't get stuck in treasure maps anymore.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:47 AM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
People still don't want to help trials Stefan. Heck trials not only beg now they also scam because you gave them the ability too. Way to go.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:33 PM
Tári o Taurë
ReBorn_Spirit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
On kingdoms it was really bad because people didn't help new players at all knowing that they will lose everything at logout. With the restart yesterday a few things have been changed so that trial players shouldn't get stuck in treasure maps anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
People still don't want to help trials Stefan. Heck trials not only beg now they also scam because you gave them the ability too. Way to go.

Actually I help any trial that has a reasonable request. Free armour for example to get started, mostly just the stuff you can find in the west haunted house for starters. Or a basic "flaming sword" for a sword.

And lately mapping ou the entire dungeon to get them off of the kingdom islands.

Hmm I typed up this earlier but couldnt POST it as the website was being weird.

** Find attachment XD, it won't let me post that reguardless of when I try

Maybe for GK Observers you turn them into a giant ball of floating light that can't do anything but wander around until their time is up. Maybe this way they can still roam around and learn something, just don't let them do anything like grab items or fight monsters. Kind of like an out of body experience thing, as they would go back to were they were when their time as oberserver was done.
Attached Files
File Type: txt GK ovserver issues.txt (2.0 KB, 769 views)
Old 10-11-2007, 08:40 PM
Banned
Knight will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Knight
That is pretty annoying, if anything it just pisses players off and makes them want to not play anymore...
Old 03-12-2008, 09:11 PM
Chang
DesolateRestriction will become famous soon enough
Observer mode discourages new players. I've honestly made an attempt to attract new players to graal. They each get fed up with observer mode and go on to another free version game. How do we stop this? Bait and hook method. Give new accounts all the benefits graal has to offer for 2 weeks.* Let them explore it and get into it. After that time expires they go trial and they can no longer progress. This serves a better chance of hooking them than the annoying observer mode. Graal needs a new gold server that is unique. When I play a gold server I want to feel as if this is a new game experience and not some miniature copy of some other game. You need to put graal3D on the shelf for awhile and focus more on helping the public servers develop their agenda/plan for their server. Give some type of reward for playing each server. Example could be your card system:reward players x card for doing x achievement on classic, etc. Give players a real reason to at least attempt to play each and every server. I know this suggestion is rather vague and probably has quite a few holes in it but in the end Graal has too many servers with too little resources which results in too much competition and with no real reward/benefit in sight no progress will ever be permanent.

* time can be changed as desired
Old 03-15-2008, 01:56 PM
busy no pms ever
Stromstedt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Stromstedt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
No need to get all snotty nosed about it, Ravenblade... It's not really Stefan's fault that the trials are doing this. The people that get scammed should already know what is going on or what will happen. It's both the scammed and the scammer's fault. The scammed shouldn't have trusted the scammer in the beginning and the scammer is setting the soon-to-be scammed person up. GK Staff is also another thing to blame because they don't really enforce anti-scam rules very well if there even are any.

Also, if someone is dumb enough to trust a trial account... God, please help this poor, confused soul.
Originally Posted by Stromstedt View Post
Do you smile when you speak? Did you know it enhances voice quality?
Did you know it makes you sound like an internet pervert? lol

Last edited by Stromstedt; 03-15-2008 at 10:47 PM..
Old 03-17-2008, 03:15 PM
Sixteen60Four
KevKlaas@gmail.com is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to KevKlaas@gmail.com
Sincerely I think that the best Idea is limit gameplay time and un-participation in important events.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:22 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesolateRestriction View Post
Observer mode discourages new players. I've honestly made an attempt to attract new players to graal. They each get fed up with observer mode and go on to another free version game. How do we stop this? Bait and hook method. Give new accounts all the benefits graal has to offer for 2 weeks.* Let them explore it and get into it. After that time expires they go trial and they can no longer progress. This serves a better chance of hooking them than the annoying observer mode. Graal needs a new gold server that is unique. When I play a gold server I want to feel as if this is a new game experience and not some miniature copy of some other game. You need to put graal3D on the shelf for awhile and focus more on helping the public servers develop their agenda/plan for their server. Give some type of reward for playing each server. Example could be your card system:reward players x card for doing x achievement on classic, etc. Give players a real reason to at least attempt to play each and every server. I know this suggestion is rather vague and probably has quite a few holes in it but in the end Graal has too many servers with too little resources which results in too much competition and with no real reward/benefit in sight no progress will ever be permanent.

* time can be changed as desired
A month later, I finally read this post. I am very much agreement with a lot of this and I'm gonna eventually try for the whole server achievement thing once I get my Gold server released to the public. You are probably looking at many months though as I need to start getting world designers soon to create the worlds, items and quests for it. Hosted in a very soon possibility though (especially with the release of the next Graal version).
Old 04-19-2008, 01:12 AM
Live to Laugh
Desear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Desear Send a message via MSN to Desear
Quote:
Originally Posted by zokemon View Post
A month later, I finally read this post. I am very much agreement with a lot of this and I'm gonna eventually try for the whole server achievement thing once I get my Gold server released to the public. You are probably looking at many months though as I need to start getting world designers soon to create the worlds, items and quests for it. Hosted in a very soon possibility though (especially with the release of the next Graal version).
Not to revive an old thread, but want to ask, if this is going to be done now, I am a little confused. So you are making your gold server currently, and once it is completed, graal may use this new method of "2 Weeks"?
Old 04-19-2008, 07:20 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
We don't plan to change the observer mode. We however think about new projects, as we have said in the christmas newsletter. Also people should keep their look when switching from one server to another, bring servers and their players more together.
Old 04-19-2008, 07:33 PM
Banned
xAzerothx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to xAzerothx Send a message via MSN to xAzerothx Send a message via Yahoo to xAzerothx
Party at Graal Kingdoms!
Old 05-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Chang
N-Pulse is currently in the works of doing a total revamp, which hopefully will bring creativity, organization, and ultimately a larger playercount. But like I said earlier- progress is slow due to so few willing and talented individuals. We're actually going to try to implement an rpgish feeling to classical genre for an overall new genre. We'll see how it works.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:05 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesolateRestriction View Post
N-Pulse is currently in the works of doing a total revamp, which hopefully will bring creativity, organization, and ultimately a larger playercount. But like I said earlier- progress is slow due to so few willing and talented individuals. We're actually going to try to implement an rpgish feeling to classical genre for an overall new genre. We'll see how it works.
Is this relevant to the topic?
Old 05-31-2008, 01:04 AM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Is this relevant to the topic?
No.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:24 PM
Chang
Sure it is, we're talking about new ideas for graal.