Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2013, 08:05 AM
Graal Developer
Joshua_P2P is on a distinguished road
Graal RT?

So i got a Microsoft Windows RT and it does not allow downloads from websites so is it possible eventually Graal PC can get added to the windows store so people can play on Microsoft Tablets?
Old 12-21-2013, 09:20 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua_P2P View Post
So i got a Microsoft Windows RT and it does not allow downloads from websites so is it possible eventually Graal PC can get added to the windows store so people can play on Microsoft Tablets?
The Windows Graal client isn't compatible with the ARM architecture so it'll have to be re-coded specificity for the device and given that the Surface didn't really take off I doubt It'll come to Windows RT any time soon. It took a really long time for Graal to be ported to Android and that has a bigger install base than Windows RT.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Graal Developer
Ah i see thank you just thought i'd ask and see if it was gonna happen one day
Old 12-22-2013, 01:51 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
We don't plan to port it to Windows RT right now because it's more work than just recompiling, but it could be possible to use the Flash version (on Facebook) maybe
Old 12-24-2013, 12:52 PM
Graal Developer
ah for Graal iServer i was shooting for Graal PC since RT is a Windows 8 Type Computer but yeah forgot about the iservers on facebook
Old 12-24-2013, 12:59 PM
trevor987 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
ah for Graal iServer i was shooting for Graal PC since RT is a Windows 8 Type Computer but yeah forgot about the iservers on facebook
RT is more of a mobile platform.. a hybrid between Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8. It only takes RT-specific apps and runs on an ARM processor whereas PCs run on x86. Think of it like an iPad with a keyboard in terms of its usefulness and what kinds of apps are most likely to be developed for it.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:46 PM
Graal Developer
Oh i see lol just got it didn't really look through it all to see how it differs
Old 12-25-2013, 01:35 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor987 View Post
Think of it like an iPad with a keyboard in terms of its usefulness and what kinds of apps are most likely to be developed for it.
You both should check out the Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2. I use the Pro for Graal and it run's nice until the system updates killing it . But yeah it does feel pretty nice using the full PC client on a tablet device. There are other like-tablets that use x86 and offer full windows 8 experience for a cheaper price.