Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2014, 03:41 AM
I n t e l l i g e n c e
Spiker has a spectacular aura aboutSpiker has a spectacular aura about
Shout Box

I think this would help people stay in contact and even help new members of the server out, because I have come in contact with quite some new players that have no idea what F7 is and how to use it. It is pretty self explanatory, but when a new player is never told about it, or how it's used, it isn't very easy to help them when they first start.

For instance, I like to message new players when they come in the game so I could help them with any information they'd like help with. The majority of them never even respond and I physically have to go hunt them down and let them know how to run even the game engine.

I like the idea of a shout box, because we can all stay in contact extremely easy, as well as having channels to use for selling items or looking for a party to level with (Crypt, New Crypt, Xmas Dungeon, ect). Might also have a function to let players know when there buddies are online.

Last edited by Spiker; 03-27-2014 at 05:56 AM.. Reason: Grammar
Old 03-27-2014, 08:40 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
I think this would help people stay in contact and even help new members of the server out, because I have come in contact with quite some new players that have no idea what F7 is and how to use it. It is pretty self explanatory, but when a new player is never told about it, or how it's used, it isn't very easy to help them when they first start.

For instance, I like to message new players when they come in the game so I could help them with any information they'd like help with. The majority of them never even respond and I physically have to go hunt them down and let them know how to run even the game engine.

I like the idea of a shout box, because we can all stay in contact extremely easy, as well as having channels to use for selling items or looking for a party to level with (Crypt, New Crypt, Xmas Dungeon, ect). Might also have a function to let players know when there buddies are online.
Mass Messages are free for anyone. I dont think a shoutbox is really that important. Could consider it with FB release.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 03-27-2014, 10:19 PM
I n t e l l i g e n c e
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
Mass Messages are free for anyone. I dont think a shoutbox is really that important. Could consider it with FB release.
I love mass messages, but I do tend to miss them a lot. I remember their being a noise for them in the past, which I wish was customizable, but it doesn't even seem to be there anymore.

We do need to find a way to let players know the game mechanics before even doing the tutorial. When you press Q, what does all that mean? To a new player, they can be completely clueless. New players shouldn't have to go to google to find out how a game works, it should be explained first and foremost.

Again, I trust in our development team to take ideas and put together things as well as they can for the whole community. I just fear new players are losing interest before they even finish the tutorial.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:24 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
I love mass messages, but I do tend to miss them a lot. I remember their being a noise for them in the past, which I wish was customizable, but it doesn't even seem to be there anymore.

We do need to find a way to let players know the game mechanics before even doing the tutorial. When you press Q, what does all that mean? To a new player, they can be completely clueless. New players shouldn't have to go to google to find out how a game works, it should be explained first and foremost.

Again, I trust in our development team to take ideas and put together things as well as they can for the whole community. I just fear new players are losing interest before they even finish the tutorial.
If you want you can work on a QMenu guide Explaining every stat and so on.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 03-27-2014, 11:10 PM
I n t e l l i g e n c e
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
If you want you can work on a QMenu guide Explaining every stat and so on.
Should I put it into a note pad and just copy paste it to you in the future, or would you like it to be as an image.

Screw it, I'll do both.