Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old 07-09-2015, 07:33 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
oh that old problem

its because of various local scripts overriding each other that have different timeout loops, thats what causes the disconnects (lots of moving lighteffects = d/c)

Old 07-12-2015, 04:29 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Out of curiosity I toggled the server option disconnectifnotmoved to TRUE and then back to FALSE, and found that the random disconnects after entering a level give me the disconnect message "You have been disconnected because you didn't move.". This also shows up within F2 log, along with the usual "Received invalid data (2) from game server".

Is it possible that these "random" disconnects have actually been a case of bugged idle detection from the server all along?
Old 07-12-2015, 05:54 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
Out of curiosity I toggled the server option disconnectifnotmoved to TRUE and then back to FALSE, and found that the random disconnects after entering a level give me the disconnect message "You have been disconnected because you didn't move.". This also shows up within F2 log, along with the usual "Received invalid data (2) from game server".

Is it possible that these "random" disconnects have actually been a case of bugged idle detection from the server all along?
With serveroptions.disconnectifnotmoved set to FALSE I just spent 15 minutes roaming around as many levels as possible, including gmaps and non-mapped levels, and was disconnected 4 times.

I then repeated this process with serveroptions.disconnectifnotmoved set to TRUE for 60 minutes, and was not disconnected a single time.

Last edited by ffcmike; 07-12-2015 at 06:30 PM..
Old 07-12-2015, 08:20 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
That's interesting you mention that. I did disable disconnections a while back on Era.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:07 AM
Ceasar will become famous soon enough
Quote:
With serveroptions.disconnectifnotmoved set to FALSE I just spent 15 minutes roaming around as many levels as possible, including gmaps and non-mapped levels, and was disconnected 4 times.

I then repeated this process with serveroptions.disconnectifnotmoved set to TRUE for 60 minutes, and was not disconnected a single time.
yeah this might be why era doesnt disconnect like delteria, kingdoms, zodiac
Old 07-22-2015, 12:34 AM
Quote:

it was tested on zodiac and it actually made the disconnections worse, people started disconnecting for idling (when they weren't even idling) there were people that started getting The game server could not be reached. errors

it may still be something that has to do with the idle detection but it might be the scripts overriding each other like elk said.

I also noticed i have 100 more ms or even higher on zodiac for no reason when it's fine on era.

ie: 160 ms on era, 280-500 ms on zodiac.. i seen many people that don't lag on era lag hardcore on zodiac, i have no idea why this occurs hmm...

Last edited by Ceasar; 07-22-2015 at 01:14 AM..
Old 07-22-2015, 03:43 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceasar View Post
it was tested on zodiac and it actually made the disconnections worse, people started disconnecting for idling (when they weren't even idling)
This is also what I experienced immediately after changing server options, and is what led me to investigate the idle detection. After restarting the client however I have not experienced a disconnect in over a week.

Since I posted this however it has been said that the cause is known, and it does appear unrelated. It may be the case that disabling the idle disconnect doesn't cause the problem, but rather helps trigger it.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:46 PM
Playerworld Administrator
Rob is on a distinguished road
Yeah. It seemingly has nothing to do with entering a level so much as loading the scripts from that level. I have been making a new gmap recently and despite crossing fresh level links hundreds (if not thousands) of times recently, I haven't been disconnected once (because it's a fresh gmap with no NPCs)

Era has had disconnectifnotmoved as false since at least 2014, but the players on that server have reported disconnecting as frequently as players from UN, who have had disconnectifnotmoved as true the entire time.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:14 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Yeah. It seemingly has nothing to do with entering a level so much as loading the scripts from that level. I have been making a new gmap recently and despite crossing fresh level links hundreds (if not thousands) of times recently, I haven't been disconnected once (because it's a fresh gmap with no NPCs)

Era has had disconnectifnotmoved as false since at least 2014, but the players on that server have reported disconnecting as frequently as players from UN, who have had disconnectifnotmoved as true the entire time.
Hmm, what if you are entering between 2 levels both of which have 0 npc's in them per say, however are part of a larger gmap, in which there are npc's in other surrounding levels? I recently had 2 disconnects within the same level just trying to walk thru it and it didn't have any npc's in it.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
oh that old problem

its because of various local scripts overriding each other that have different timeout loops, thats what causes the disconnects (lots of moving lighteffects = d/c)
how old of a problem was the disconnections? this has been happening since last year september after this thread was created. i wonder what is causing this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
"Please update your Graal version!"

The latest Linux version is 6.037, unfortunately.
when is the linux version being updated?
Old 08-17-2015, 06:37 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
It started happening around when the last client update came, (I think?) The first client update pushed out after Stefan was gone.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:47 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
When is Mac getting their RC3?
Old 08-17-2015, 07:42 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Mmm Big Macs, now I'm hungry.
Old 09-10-2015, 02:34 PM
Banned
bradigger is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bradigger Send a message via MSN to bradigger
Is the GNU/Linux client going to be updated? My thread on the matter was deleted, and this one is still here, so I guess I'll post here. This is one of my favorite games and I'm itching to play. Recently been thinking that if I was able to play right now I'd be working on learning GS2 to potentially help dev for Era.

It seems that it's difficult to get in touch with the developers who would be in charge of updating the GNU/Linux client. Can I just get an official announcement on this? I'm so desperate I've even considered learning C++ and asking if I can work on the client update myself.

Last edited by Darlene159; 09-10-2015 at 10:37 PM.. Reason: Not going to help to say such things
Old 09-10-2015, 09:05 PM
a true gentlemen
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradigger View Post
Is the GNU/Linux client going to be updated? My thread on the matter was deleted, and this one is still here, so I guess I'll post here. This is one of my favorite games and I'm itching to play. Recently been thinking that if I was able to play right now I'd be working on learning GS2 to potentially help dev for Era.

It seems that it's difficult to get in touch with the developers who would be in charge of updating the GNU/Linux client. Can I just get an official announcement on this? I'm so desperate I've even considered learning C++ and asking if I can work on the client update myself.
The Linux client hasn't been available for a year now...? If you're not going to support the client, then stop wasting our time and announce it's end of life.

Last edited by Darlene159; 09-10-2015 at 10:37 PM..
Closed Thread