Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 08:17 PM
Sinkler is a jewel in the roughSinkler is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sinkler
Wil, while there isn't a tutorial, there is a FAQ section in the Support Center which I helped author. It does a decent job explaining how to make money, basic controls, etc.

If you need to get in contact with me, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that."

-John Stuart Mill
Old 07-13-2011, 08:27 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinkler View Post
Wil, while there isn't a tutorial, there is a FAQ section in the Support Center which I helped author. It does a decent job explaining how to make money, basic controls, etc.
It's fairly outdated and not very descriptive.
Even the Wiki (better description, w/ pictures n stuff) is outdated on a few points due to lack of administration.

A tutorial that actually shows what to do would be best (and is mandatory.. unlike 'wanting' to read FAQs and Wikis), especially with the player-base we're discussing.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:29 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
The problem with the FAQ is that it's too wordy. Few players want to jump into a game by reading walls of text.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:00 PM
ilovegirlzz can only hope to improve
let us make pancakes...need more player owned businesses and a dodgeball arena a car race track and i want a pet (not tryna be like zod or gk) you know EraPetz lol idk man lets do some stuff that is like out of the box you can have a dog nd stuff gotta feed it and other stuff. i mean why should era just revolve around Gangs and Guns there needs to be some stuff to do. yall took away treadmills bcuz of lw pots bring treadmills back so ppl can get faster and stronger nd stuff fix bet spar.

FAQs would be cool hire Rogue since he acts as if he knows EVERYTHING about era and could someone please update the wiki and the support center.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:55 AM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinkler View Post
Common sense says this is a really poor substitution for an FAQ Team and Tutorial. It more turns players away than anything else. Like Chris said, who wants to read walls of text to play a server? Screw that.
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11
Old 07-14-2011, 04:19 PM
*****butt.
Robocop300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Many Eras ago there was a note locked into the RC made when a certain Blaze was a staff.

In there were a bundle of ideas that with the help of Mange, and several other staff members, we were working to test.

In the event that the note was most likely erased, here is a general layout of a gang-system-based idea I had written from scratch.

Gang System:

First of all, the idea of having a party-like gang system was a step in the right direction. But only so little was done to the system and it can be primed to really be great.

As a player what most newcomers want is the ability to afford some nice things. What Era seems to forget is about its novelty value. In the past, cars, bikes, and even bull**** weapons (BB Mag comes to mind) sold well simply because they offered a cool and almost unique experience. Gangs are that new novelty and should be advertised better throughout Era - giving players that just start a reason to call a friend and say: "HEY LET'S PLAY THIS GAME... CREATE A FAMILY - yadda, yadda."

With this in mind, more of a reusable value could be placed into objects to actually HELP gangs earn more points - which should be substituted with money. In order for a gang to stay afloat it would have to remain active, the money collected through various means (later explained in this post) can play a part in funding for weapons and paying for the services a player is offering the leader of the gang.

Gang/Business Integration

I had this idea recently about letting businesses purchase other venues that become convenient to players. Party bases should have a weekly rent period in which businesses can purchase a license to operate that building - which can help a business "strategically" have its sales closer to the spawn point of every player, thus hyping sales for them. A gang can still decide to terrorize party bases (these bases will also act like gang-bases) raiding them allows a joint-venture to be made between the gang and business, or if the gang is truly evil, they could just steal supplies and money from the business - this satisfies the "CHALLENGE" aspect Wil mentioned earlier and makes it so that other businesses can spawn from this (again, later explained).

Protection businesses (like PPA) would actually have a reason to be around. Instead of just protecting individual players and going against what used to be immoral for the classic PPA (working with gangs) they could go back to their classic ways of helping the people, not terrorizing them. PPA would be able to sign a weekly contract to protect a property for a business, this also tests the ability of a business to strategically use PPA to their advantage if their limit becomes a single contract per week. PPA could do a "bid-like" system to see which business offers the most income.

Businesses can also pay for and purchase say a special-unit division for the company which would allow them security posts with specific weapons to help with gang-raids on intellectual properties.

One other idea I had was to have people use CARS to transfer goods from one location to the other, therefore adding an extra usefulness to cars and making an abundance of supplies at one business location a good thing so that players can help disperse the goods to other locations. However, while this happens, gangs can also try to sabotage the driver (which, should have higher damage dealt and more recoils when is being shot at).
================================================== ======

There are more ideas that constantly spring up out of my head, I'll add more as time comes but this is something in essence I wrote up a while back, with a few new things added but the idea is to have players ALWAYS be doing something. If the point for many players is to own a nice gun, be in a gang or own one, and suddenly you can rob businesses, take money and goods, or etc. Well, then you have much more activity.

In the same way, I want to add, businesses will be able to retaliate and attempt a takeover at a gang stronghold (which should be upgradeable with the money made and made to be stronger so that stuff like this can be prevented) and when they do take one over, they don't have to worry about the rent as it becomes territory for them until the gang can seize the location back.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:39 PM
Lucsian is an unknown quantity at this point
In defense of PPA, as it shouldn't come to a suprise I'm writing this, we have solid plans for our future to secure a proper place in Era. We have discussed these with Alfonso and they have been approved. And Zao has also been completely supportive of our business.

So before ruling us out due to 'your' standards, just know things take time before they can be implemented, as help around the server seems extremely limited right now.

And before you criticize our practices, just know it takes radical changes in order to completely turn around a business that was once in the depths of failure due to previous ownership.

Thank you!
Old 07-14-2011, 11:27 PM
ilovegirlzz can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop300 View Post
many eras ago there was a note locked into the rc made when a certain blaze was a staff.

In there were a bundle of ideas that with the help of mange, and several other staff members, we were working to test.

In the event that the note was most likely erased, here is a general layout of a gang-system-based idea i had written from scratch.

gang system:

first of all, the idea of having a party-like gang system was a step in the right direction. But only so little was done to the system and it can be primed to really be great.

As a player what most newcomers want is the ability to afford some nice things. What era seems to forget is about its novelty value. In the past, cars, bikes, and even bull**** weapons (bb mag comes to mind) sold well simply because they offered a cool and almost unique experience. Gangs are that new novelty and should be advertised better throughout era - giving players that just start a reason to call a friend and say: "hey let's play this game... Create a family - yadda, yadda."

with this in mind, more of a reusable value could be placed into objects to actually help gangs earn more points - which should be substituted with money. In order for a gang to stay afloat it would have to remain active, the money collected through various means (later explained in this post) can play a part in funding for weapons and paying for the services a player is offering the leader of the gang.

gang/business integration

i had this idea recently about letting businesses purchase other venues that become convenient to players. Party bases should have a weekly rent period in which businesses can purchase a license to operate that building - which can help a business "strategically" have its sales closer to the spawn point of every player, thus hyping sales for them. A gang can still decide to terrorize party bases (these bases will also act like gang-bases) raiding them allows a joint-venture to be made between the gang and business, or if the gang is truly evil, they could just steal supplies and money from the business - this satisfies the "challenge" aspect wil mentioned earlier and makes it so that other businesses can spawn from this (again, later explained).

Protection businesses (like ppa) would actually have a reason to be around. Instead of just protecting individual players and going against what used to be immoral for the classic ppa (working with gangs) they could go back to their classic ways of helping the people, not terrorizing them. Ppa would be able to sign a weekly contract to protect a property for a business, this also tests the ability of a business to strategically use ppa to their advantage if their limit becomes a single contract per week. Ppa could do a "bid-like" system to see which business offers the most income.

Businesses can also pay for and purchase say a special-unit division for the company which would allow them security posts with specific weapons to help with gang-raids on intellectual properties.

One other idea i had was to have people use cars to transfer goods from one location to the other, therefore adding an extra usefulness to cars and making an abundance of supplies at one business location a good thing so that players can help disperse the goods to other locations. However, while this happens, gangs can also try to sabotage the driver (which, should have higher damage dealt and more recoils when is being shot at).
================================================== ======

there are more ideas that constantly spring up out of my head, i'll add more as time comes but this is something in essence i wrote up a while back, with a few new things added but the idea is to have players always be doing something. If the point for many players is to own a nice gun, be in a gang or own one, and suddenly you can rob businesses, take money and goods, or etc. Well, then you have much more activity.

In the same way, i want to add, businesses will be able to retaliate and attempt a takeover at a gang stronghold (which should be upgradeable with the money made and made to be stronger so that stuff like this can be prevented) and when they do take one over, they don't have to worry about the rent as it becomes territory for them until the gang can seize the location back.
that is a lot!!
Old 07-14-2011, 11:47 PM
*****butt.
Robocop300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegirlzz View Post
that is a lot!!
A lot has to be done.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:31 PM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
This died fast, rofl.
Seems like they bit more than they could chew (again).
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11
Old 07-17-2011, 08:11 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucsian View Post
In defense of PPA, as it shouldn't come to a suprise I'm writing this, we have solid plans for our future to secure a proper place in Era. We have discussed these with Alfonso and they have been approved. And Zao has also been completely supportive of our business.

So before ruling us out due to 'your' standards, just know things take time before they can be implemented, as help around the server seems extremely limited right now.

And before you criticize our practices, just know it takes radical changes in order to completely turn around a business that was once in the depths of failure due to previous ownership.

Thank you!
It doesn't matter what you do as a business owner, the business itself is flawed and needs to be redone under a new concept (giving it a legitimate purpose and improving era), with a rivalry business instated... otherwise it's a monopoly which is how economies get even worse.

*Not to mention you guys lack the ability to protect yourselves, let alone your clients.* Jus' sayin'.

Changing owners doesn't fix the flaws in the business itself, PPA should've been fixed before being re-released (or not released at all, seeing how it still serves no purpose). Not released, then left to rot again before anyone actually decides to fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_Fish View Post
This died fast, rofl.
Seems like they bit more than they could chew (again).
Well we pretty much summed up everything they need to do. Alfonso isn't even here for awhile so not much is getting done. There are very few assignments lined up on Dev to be completed... pretty much everything got halted.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:04 AM
Chris500 is on a distinguished road
One, when cars came out you could run people over that were standing around in the streets. That was fun, bring it back please?

Also, I think for a job there should be burglary. Kinda like how GTA did it? Create some NPC houses in Southridge that can be broken in during certain times of the day/night. Go in and look for objects to take like TVs, stereo systems, jewelry, etc. Then sell them to a pawn shop. But if you move around too quickly, or move around carrying way too much stuff you'll make a lot of noise and wake up the owner who will possibly come to attack you or call the police.

Also van vehicles could be nice for stowing the stolen goods in, along with holding 2 people like normal cars do.

Just my idea, I mean Era is a modern server, why not?
Old 07-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
This game turns out to be more expensive then buying a call of duty or battlefield game. either 10 bucks a month, or one of those starter packages, are all still expensive and after awhile add up, its worse then xboxlive, spend 50 on there, then 50 on a good game and your set for a year, only paying 50 a year, now this game, you have to pay 120 for a year if you dont own credit card or paypal, since not everyone is over 18, if you do it may be cheaper. Then some lucky bastards with there 10 classic accounts, when some got them for free etc, making 1/3 of era classic, another 1/3 wasting money down the drain and another 1/3 either sticking to trial because the game isnt innovative enough, or doing the illegals. Main problem is the REAL money, nothing to do with era's economy.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:19 PM
Posting The Truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillaWonka View Post
This game turns out to be more expensive then buying a call of duty or battlefield game. either 10 bucks a month, or one of those starter packages, are all still expensive and after awhile add up, its worse then xboxlive, spend 50 on there, then 50 on a good game and your set for a year, only paying 50 a year, now this game, you have to pay 120 for a year if you dont own credit card or paypal, since not everyone is over 18, if you do it may be cheaper. Then some lucky bastards with there 10 classic accounts, when some got them for free etc, making 1/3 of era classic, another 1/3 wasting money down the drain and another 1/3 either sticking to trial because the game isnt innovative enough, or doing the illegals. Main problem is the REAL money, nothing to do with era's economy.
Lol, I pay 500k (Zodiac Gold) a Month to stay gold...
I make 500k (Zodiac Gold) in like 2 days of farming (if I don't find anything good).

Seems good to me, Stefan makes the same amount of money so who cares?
I don't get how this is an idea though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris500 View Post
One, when cars came out you could run people over that were standing around in the streets. That was fun, bring it back please?

Also, I think for a job there should be burglary. Kinda like how GTA did it? Create some NPC houses in Southridge that can be broken in during certain times of the day/night. Go in and look for objects to take like TVs, stereo systems, jewelry, etc. Then sell them to a pawn shop. But if you move around too quickly, or move around carrying way too much stuff you'll make a lot of noise and wake up the owner who will possibly come to attack you or call the police.

Also van vehicles could be nice for stowing the stolen goods in, along with holding 2 people like normal cars do.

Just my idea, I mean Era is a modern server, why not?
This job would probably require more work than it's worth (re-adding an area with houses, re-scripting cars, making all the homes (inside and out), scripting the 'catch' thing if you make noise, scripting/gfxing all the objects you pick up, balancing the payout with other jobs, this is just what I can think of from your SHORT description...) The concept is good, but would it be worth it for just 'another job' that probably wouldn't be used much more than recycling?

I'd like to see cars run people over again though. :3

Last edited by Supaman771; 07-21-2011 at 07:33 PM..
Old 07-21-2011, 10:51 PM
Era iPhone PR
Astram can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Astram
Just wait about 10 years for this sht to get done...