Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 10:50 AM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandralove View Post
I guess they would like the players to do so, because they'd have to buy classic subscriptions again, which will never happen.

I guess you wanted to say "Why would the players give it away for free"

=P
No. Everyone who gets it for free do not need to buy a subscription.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:06 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Lifetime Classic was a big mistake. You're lucky to keep it. Why would you think you can transfer that?
No it wasn't, kid.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Lv
DarkRenji is a jewel in the roughDarkRenji is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to DarkRenji
Why are you saying " we are lucky to keep our lifetime classic" ? We paid for it for life, we damn well better keep it
Old 11-05-2008, 08:12 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
I agree with cbk.
Be happy to have one, theres children who have big bills on their phone now for buying p2p via phone

Old 11-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
No. Everyone who gets it for free do not need to buy a subscription.
What if they want to play gold servers ?

Oh and, if Stefan or Unixmad would remove every lifetime classic, guess what, they would loose money.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:18 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
How would they lose money Cyberjoueurs has big time right now, graal is just a small part XD
Graal mostly earns money with the Gelat system, not subscriptions

Old 11-06-2008, 12:18 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
I usually subscribe in advance because although I don't play graal all that much sometimes I just get a craving for it, I've got lifetime classic but like 48-50 dollars a year isn't that much. Stupidish idea but they should have it were if a certain amount of accounts are bought in a month, they will have one week were lifetime classic is sold.
Maybe certain times when Classic, or Gold, is open to all, but not selling lifetime Classic. People would just wait for these times to upgrade.

I remember one Christmas (if I recall correctly), they allowed everyone to play Gold servers. This was of course when there were a hundred people on Kingdoms at a time, but I think the same thing may be effective now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
No it wasn't, kid.
It can be interpreted two ways. It's either helping them by people sticking around and paying for Gold, or it's hurting them by people still playing and never upgrading.

I personally think it's clear what it's doing, though I don't know whether it'd be necessarily better if we had fewer players bringing in money than lots of players bringing in the same amount of money. All depends on whether the old players would buy a new Classic subscription.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
How would they lose money Cyberjoueurs has big time right now, graal is just a small part XD
Graal mostly earns money with the Gelat system, not subscriptions
Subscriptions are now sold through the gelat system
Old 11-06-2008, 12:50 AM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Dunno if this has been mentioned or not.. but..

You can't trade Lifetime Classic subscriptions because the "lifetime" part of it only applies to the subscriber. So, if it (legally) transfers from one person to another, the "lifetime" part is nulled, and therefore it'd only be a Classic subscription. Since there is no "Classic" subscription, the entire subscription would probably just be rendered null and void.

This is all conjecture, though.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:22 AM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
Dunno if this has been mentioned or not.. but..

You can't trade Lifetime Classic subscriptions because the "lifetime" part of it only applies to the subscriber. So, if it (legally) transfers from one person to another, the "lifetime" part is nulled, and therefore it'd only be a Classic subscription. Since there is no "Classic" subscription, the entire subscription would probably just be rendered null and void.

This is all conjecture, though.
And pretty much dead on correct. Besides the fact that the Terms of Service when you buy the account state that you cannot sell, trade or otherwise give away and account.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:06 AM
Tolerian28 is on a distinguished road
Yet if I buy anything else in this world, it is therefore MY PROPERTY, and I am free to do what I please with it. It's not like I told Graal they can't use my money for what they want.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:10 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolerian28 View Post
Yet if I buy anything else in this world, it is therefore MY PROPERTY, and I am free to do what I please with it. It's not like I told Graal they can't use my money for what they want.
What about if you rent something? Is that YOUR PROPERTY then? No. You're merely renting an account from Graal, it's not your property.
You may not have told Graal what they can use your money for, but Graal told you what you should use your account for and you agreed to it before purchasing it.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 01-28-2009, 01:12 AM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
You can't transfer lifetime warranties either: if I get every last part of my car replaced by the mechanic, then a wheel falls off, the mechanic fixes it for free. But if I sell my car and THEN the wheel falls off, despite the fact that the mechanic was just as much at fault for having installed the wheel in the first place, the new owner's boned.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 01-28-2009, 02:01 AM
Tolerian28 is on a distinguished road
I think you should be able to TRANSFER it in Trade.
Possibly to your new account since you like the name better.
If you paid for it once, it should belong to you, and you should be able to trade the stats and items you earned as well as the subscription.
IMO.

You both have good points against my opinion, especially Tyhm.
In reality I don't think its renting if you have a Lifetime Subscription, that basically means its yours until you die or the game dies.

But in the world of business, the customer isn't always right and rarely gets the fair end of the deal. IMO.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:24 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolerian28 View Post
I think you should be able to TRANSFER it in Trade.
If you were able to transfer life-time classic then you'll find a few people taking advantage of it and sell the life-time for real money.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:41 AM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
Hey, if you can come up with a bulletproof way to determine that the two accounts are in fact the same person, cool...and frankly, if you want to change your Lifetime Account's name from Tolerian28 to TolerianPrime or whatever, I figure a name change should be within the realm of possibility. But if you wanted to transfer the Lifetime Classic Warranty from Tolerian28 to Cyan3, (and especially if Cyan3 gave you his old copy of Final Fantasy 7 in trade), things start to really suck at Cyberjouers when the server bills come due....

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233