Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2008, 05:40 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Make Chat Not Disappear

This is extremely annoying; when chat is set via player.chat, it disappears after several seconds.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:24 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Ya it's been brought up. It's also been proposed to add a function that works exactly like actually pressing enter on the chat bar. No word as of yet :/
Old 06-11-2008, 07:48 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Ya it's been brought up. It's also been proposed to add a function that works exactly like actually pressing enter on the chat bar. No word as of yet :/
I know

Again we are ignored
Old 06-16-2008, 05:56 PM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I know

Again we are ignored
Old 06-22-2008, 10:49 PM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Old 07-16-2008, 07:34 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Bump.

This function would make the new chat system I'm making for Valikorlia work much smoother.

I dislike the lack of progress and communication between Stefan and the scripters on Graal.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:39 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
I dislike the lack of progress and communication between Stefan and the scripters on Graal.
I dunno, Stefan seems to be really busy recently and everyone I've talked to hasn't really been able to get a hold of him or talk to him really at all so I wouldn't take it personally .
Old 07-16-2008, 02:53 PM
Incubator
Six months is way past my ability to forgive and forget.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:29 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
What six months?
Well for authorized scripts it has always been possible, for other scripts it could easily be added (a function in -Serverlist). Question is if it should be allowed for any script to call this or if it should be protected (should filter out toall: at least I guess).
Old 07-17-2008, 03:51 AM
Incubator
For what reasons does it need to be protected?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
What six months?
The six or more months since the last client update.

I sure wouldn't mind a frequent update to client to just add new scripting features. Little things like what is in this topic or the function I requested for GuiMLTextEditCtrl to allow the position of the cursor to be set in the text. Which would help with my custom chat system that isn't quite done. Because when pressing up or down arrow to go through the text history it sets the cursor back at the beginning of the text.

I'm sure there are some other little things I forgot to mention.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:21 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
For what reasons does it need to be protected?
The six or more months since the last client update.

I sure wouldn't mind a frequent update to client to just add new scripting features. Little things like what is in this topic or the function I requested for GuiMLTextEditCtrl to allow the position of the cursor to be set in the text. Which would help with my custom chat system that isn't quite done. Because when pressing up or down arrow to go through the text history it sets the cursor back at the beginning of the text.

I'm sure there are some other little things I forgot to mention.
He's been working a lot on the client; the Intel Mac client I've been using for several months and it's nearly flawless (I assume he's fixed the errors by now anyway).

Perhaps instead of each update making something entirely new, just make small updates (e.g. you don't have to go from v5 to v6, you can do small updates along the way, and a big release to v6).
Old 07-17-2008, 06:01 AM
Incubator
Yea thats what I'm saying, more frequent small updates.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:16 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
No client releases till external windows are fixed and going good, I say. But it would be nice if you could focus on converting all the Delphi stuff to C++ soon as a huge portion of the Graal community would like a scripted level editor that works nice!
Old 07-17-2008, 03:01 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by zokemon View Post
a huge portion of the Graal community would like a scripted level editor that works nice!
Uhh no? There is a minute portion of the Graal community left who even use the level editor, and even less who would want to be online to use it.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:05 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Uhh no? There is a minute portion of the Graal community left who even use the level editor, and even less who would want to be online to use it.
Well, I think he's kinda right in a way that lots of people what a new and better working Editor, and since an offline version won't be developed most likely, most want a good online one.