Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 09:02 PM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough

Might I suggest change the graphics mode on the trees when you fade them. At the moment it's probably from what looks like it 0 by default.
Change it to 1 for a nice transparency fade. Seems to only happen with some trees though... You don't use a class?
PHP Code:
with(findimg(yourImage)){

mode 1;

It's genius.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:07 AM
Cyril Rain
sssssssssss will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gos_pira View Post
The menu also had it's categories tiny after I used that "dash" function on the X-button(?). I think some of the problem is because of the observer mode-bar. Because the focus was off after using it so I had to reconnect for everything on screen to be on the right place.

I know that's not really your fault, but for even trials to enjoy the server you'd need to put those factors in when scripting the systems and such aswell.

Another thing is when entering a house. During the load before the screen-flickering I can walk around wherever I like before getting warped so it seems like it lags behind a great deal. It might just be a script that got messed up somehow.
I agree on making it work for all accounts. The focus is off because of the screen shaking, it's a bug I'm still trying to correct. Sometimes the dash will "collide" more than once it seems, throwing the event more than its set to do (or just an extra time period) throwing tiles and focus off. The menu thing I'm not exactly sure except that its changing the screen as well.

The warp is lagged because I scripted it that way. It's on an event, because it had a fade out but that bugged as well, so I just left the event there until I fix it but took out the fade. It's going to pause you for a few seconds giving room for a fade that isn't there or corrected yet.
Elysium's Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/GraalOnlineElysium
Graal Forum Thread: http://forums.graalonline.com...
Graalians Thread: http://www.graalians.com...

Old 01-09-2013, 01:09 AM
Cyril Rain
sssssssssss will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricxta View Post

Might I suggest change the graphics mode on the trees when you fade them. At the moment it's probably from what looks like it 0 by default.
Change it to 1 for a nice transparency fade. Seems to only happen with some trees though... You don't use a class?
PHP Code:
with(findimg(yourImage)){

mode 1;

We in fact do use a class. Mode is set to 1. The issue seems to be tree tops and npcs that are on level links. That's why only some work. We're probably just going to take it out all together.

Also reconnecting would load that chat box. I'm gonna script to delay to show up so that doesn't happen. it does in fact have a styled gui it's just loading before the profile can despite my server options to load the profiles first
Elysium's Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/GraalOnlineElysium
Graal Forum Thread: http://forums.graalonline.com...
Graalians Thread: http://www.graalians.com...

Last edited by sssssssssss; 01-09-2013 at 04:37 AM..
Old 01-09-2013, 02:40 AM
Maloria Manager
bioboi has a spectacular aura about
Really enjoyed this server for the short time I was logged on. Will check back up in a few days when I have more time to give a more in depth critique.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:14 PM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
This server looks sick. But the windmill is spinning the wrong way; so unrealistic!
Old 01-09-2013, 04:33 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
The windmill animation is also way too choppy. Smoothen it out plx.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 01-09-2013, 05:41 PM
Armageddon Son
Decus_Arillias is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakilorP2P View Post
This server looks sick. But the windmill is spinning the wrong way; so unrealistic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
The windmill animation is also way too choppy. Smoothen it out plx.
I smoothed it out quite a bit a couple days ago. Its using 9 frames instead of 4 now. Check again and let me know ;]

Also i'm going to add some effects to the island surroundings, hopefully that will give off more of a environmental feeling of an actual floating island.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:11 PM
DeCeaseD will become famous soon enough
Why would you animate a windmill manually instead of using a rotate script.. ? o_O
Old 01-10-2013, 12:15 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCeaseD View Post
Why would you animate a windmill manually instead of using a rotate script.. ? o_O
Because it looks better, especially if you have enough frames

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 01-10-2013, 01:05 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by smirt362 View Post
I can't say for something that needs to rotate as slow as a windmill that frames are the way to go. Even if the pixels aren't crisp, the rotation will be much smoother, which is what something like a windmill needs: it looks much calmer.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:14 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by smirt362 View Post

Really now Smirt, really now?

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 01-10-2013, 03:38 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post

Really now Smirt, really now?
I can see the lack of crispiness. If that was a salad I'd SEND IT BACK

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 01-10-2013, 05:52 AM
Armageddon Son
Decus_Arillias is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCeaseD View Post
I did it manually because i didn't know you could script things to rotate. Yes, i lack scripting skills ;] pretty neat that you can though. We will try to get small details done before we release the next continent, which should be within 2 weeks from now. We're holding back so that all inside levels are complete for the outside content and i'm hoping to have that done "soon".
Old 01-13-2013, 10:55 AM
Sooky is on a distinguished road
REALLY good server in my opinion, even thought its not even out yet i can see it will go far
Old 01-13-2013, 11:11 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
I'd like to ask you guys to clean up a bit, in terms of content you shouldn't be using. I see you already got rid of our (Atlantis) grass tile, but it's still left in other tiles, like the path edges (grass to dirt tiles). Also, I wonder where in hell's name you got that bush, but I hope you realize that you can't use it. I'd rather not go into detail, but I will if necessary.

Edit: The door, too. Second and third frame of that double door open animation features our (Atlantis) double door. I'm flattered, but please don't use them.