Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2011, 01:07 PM
Banned
Vinka has a spectacular aura aboutVinka has a spectacular aura about
Lightbulb All Time Favourite Graal Server?

Hi,

I'm wondering, what was (or is) your most favourite server on Graal of all time?
And why exactly did you like it so much?
-The Community? The Content(graphics, storyline, etc.), The System/Gameplay?

As I've just opened my first server, I would like to know the features Graalians liked most. And to try and integrate them.

Discuss!
Old 03-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Lemmy Koopa (Koopalings)
EclipsedAngel has a spectacular aura about
Delteria, Classic, and UN were my top 3 servers.

I'd have to say either Classic or UN. Delteria is very nostalgic for me but I can't remember THAT much from it other than the levels, unlike UN or Classic.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:57 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Xone (2001).

Was mostly the community and it being the first server I actually stayed on rather than hopping around.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipsedAngel View Post
Delteria, Classic, and UN were my top 3 servers.

I'd have to say either Classic or UN. Delteria is very nostalgic for me but I can't remember THAT much from it other than the levels, unlike UN or Classic.
All classic servers I see, could you share why exactly these?
Is it the simplicity of it? (In comparison to servers like: Zodiac, Maloria, Graal Kingdoms, etc.)
Old 03-04-2011, 05:13 PM
bahamutstevetff
ReptarKingOfTheOZone will become famous soon enough
Old school zone

used to have a great community and was a cool skill based game. shame its gone to the dogs in its recent years
Old 03-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptarKingOfTheOZone View Post
Old school zone

used to have a great community and was a cool skill based game. shame its gone to the dogs in its recent years
Just replace zone with N-Pulse and game with community and you have my answer.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:24 PM
****in' Allstar
Feonix will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Feonix
Zone, and Era when you could still dupe
Old 03-04-2011, 05:40 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Doomsday

besides having a community that was pretty tight (so tight that it choked itself to death on it's own egotistical whining) it also had a very open ended sort of RPing system with several staff-supported kingdoms who just acted like any other guild. it also had a good variety of events, like survivor or saotome's OMGWUT, and it had sparring and PK type tournaments all the time

i also remember that most staff members were corrupt as hell with such incidents as GP's jailing player's who didn't give them all their events winnings, or FAQ's who would somehow get the summon NPC and started jailing people with it, or when Sliq, an admin at the time, had everyone on the server come to the local spar for a "server wide announcement" only to spar PK the entire server with the "Doomsday NPC" that cost 100ap to use but instantly killed every player in the level

that said, the staff also had a regular release of new things. i distinctly remember Ajira making this floating airship that had no GFX, but could carry the entire server around the overworld if you were added onto the allowed list, and we used it as members of Nymercia to attack Illusia and then run away since Illusia had a really annoying prison system that got me fired once when i got sick of waiting and warped out of it while being FAQ

it was just cool - it felt like new things were happening everyday, and there was never a time of "peace" on DD, there was always at least two guilds who hated each other who were fighting someplace, all day everyday
Old 03-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Delteria, being my first server, holds a special place in my heart. Maloria, being the server I worked for for quite a few years, also tugs at the heart strings.

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 03-04-2011, 06:20 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Classic and Graal2001. Both for community. Gameplay was different on G2K1 so that was also an attraction.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:36 PM
(⌒▽⌒)
joel34 is on a distinguished road
UN,Maloria and Classic
Old 03-04-2011, 06:43 PM
Masa will become famous soon enough
Era 2002 up til "Jenn Era"

The gang system actually meant something back then.
Gangs didn't change owners every 2 months.
Classic rivalry between Rubeus and BB.
Gang diplomacy, where two gangs would ally to take down one.
Gangs had their own shops and hired people for no other purpose than to work in the shops.
Sewer raids! Gangs had sewer-specific ranks(Sewer Thug, Head Sewer Thug, etc.) and took raids not only above ground but below :]
Everything was obviously duped/hacked and nobody cared
Tommyguns were the currency and everything sold for x amount of tommyguns.
When strafe was first introduced it was considered "lame"
Non-GMAP levels where people didn't run and fights didn't exceed one .nw level.
The best mainstream gun was Famas or Metalstorm, and PPA and PI were considered "only good because they have lame weapons."

It was all so... fresh back then :]
Old 03-04-2011, 10:10 PM
Banned
Thanks everyone for the replies!

Quote:
Old school zone

Yeah I loved it too, when at least aroung 50 players would be online. It´s a pity it is where it is now, I wonder why though? It has alot of customization features (combat-style wise) and the content is definitly quality. Perhaps moving it to the classic tab will help attract a new playerbase. I imagine it being alot more fun to play with 50 players than with just 5 or 6.. At some point people lost interest and quit, making their friends quit - and the snowball continues. Skill based game always seem more fun to me, especially if you can work your way up without necessarily gaining an unfair advantage over the newer players, rather just granting them decorative items and skills. This way it opens doors to an economic enviroment aswell, which, I believe could just be the key formula to success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
Doomsday

besides having a community that was pretty tight (so tight that it choked itself to death on it's own egotistical whining) it also had a very open ended sort of RPing system with several staff-supported kingdoms who just acted like any other guild. it also had a good variety of events, like survivor or saotome's OMGWUT, and it had sparring and PK type tournaments all the time

i also remember that most staff members were corrupt as hell with such incidents as GP's jailing player's who didn't give them all their events winnings, or FAQ's who would somehow get the summon NPC and started jailing people with it, or when Sliq, an admin at the time, had everyone on the server come to the local spar for a "server wide announcement" only to spar PK the entire server with the "Doomsday NPC" that cost 100ap to use but instantly killed every player in the level

that said, the staff also had a regular release of new things. i distinctly remember Ajira making this floating airship that had no GFX, but could carry the entire server around the overworld if you were added onto the allowed list, and we used it as members of Nymercia to attack Illusia and then run away since Illusia had a really annoying prison system that got me fired once when i got sick of waiting and warped out of it while being FAQ

it was just cool - it felt like new things were happening everyday, and there was never a time of "peace" on DD, there was always at least two guilds who hated each other who were fighting someplace, all day everyday
Thanks. It is clear to see that regular updates and frequent event hosts to keep things dynamic, engaging the players minds to partake in community events was an attractive trait of Doomsday.

===

Thanks alot guys, Ive already worked my server plan around some of the many answers Ive received from here and PMs and might post it soon .

Now, one last thing Id love to hear/request.. is to,

Define your perfect Graal server! It could either be certain features/traits from several servers combined, or something completely from scratch.

Can´t wait to read your replies
Old 03-04-2011, 10:37 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Old school zone

this
Old 03-04-2011, 10:46 PM
WEREDUCK
Knux will become famous soon enough
Make a server with the modernized Graal2001 bodies, where you can use guns, and swords, and stuff to level up with, but you gotta PK like normal instead of with said weapons. Then you need a big area with 4 lamps so everyone can idle and hump the lamps. Then you need to have Bomies as a playable race, and give bomies back to players as pets. Don't forget to have a bunch of events that noone plays.

Supporter of G2K1 revision. Even though it never will be what it was..