Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2014, 01:02 AM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Cool PK Delay Timer and UI Enhancements

PK Delay Timer and UI Enhancements

We've added a new PK delay timer on Graal Kingdoms, so when you're PKing and you run inside, you can still be attacked while you're inside for up to 10 seconds. If you stand still for the full 10 seconds you will no longer be able to be attacked. This is to help curb the trend of people running inside to escape death while PKing.

Additionally, we've added an indicator near the health UI to let you know when you're vulnerable to attack or in a PK zone. Your indicator will disappear when you are no longer vulnerable to any attacker or if you are in peaceful mode.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 02-08-2014, 01:26 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Is this why for some reason Lightning walls are harming peaceful mode players, and the person who set up the walls?
Old 02-08-2014, 03:19 AM
Cyril Rain
sssssssssss will become famous soon enough
Cool stuff dude. Great idea on the PK thing!
Elysium's Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/GraalOnlineElysium
Graal Forum Thread: http://forums.graalonline.com...
Graalians Thread: http://www.graalians.com...

Old 02-08-2014, 11:03 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Sweet, this is indeed very cool update. But 10 seconds?

Can someone explain, if I get attacked and I run (not attacking back) does it still make me wait??
Old 02-08-2014, 08:00 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
Sweet, this is indeed very cool update. But 10 seconds?

Can someone explain, if I get attacked and I run (not attacking back) does it still make me wait??
The timer starts when u are standing still. I.e. Idling. If u move again within the 10 seconds, the timer resets again. U will figure it out when seeing the pk icon fadind out slowly in that 10 seconds.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 02-09-2014, 02:11 PM
whatever.
Maharu will become famous soon enough
i've been having a problem since the update where the icon will switch on and i'm randomly put into bmode. i can't see any pattern for what sets it off. relogging turns it off again but it's a little inconvenient to do over and over, is there a way i can fix this?
Old 02-14-2014, 08:11 PM
I n t e l l i g e n c e
Spiker has a spectacular aura aboutSpiker has a spectacular aura about
Does this "PK Timer" only activate when you hit somebody else? If it does, perfect. If it activates when somebody else hits you, then I would see it as unfair, since you did not cause the PvP action.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:32 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
I assume it would be like Eras PK system, you get hit or you hit someone it activates, defeats the purpose of it if it's only one sided.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:09 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
Does this "PK Timer" only activate when you hit somebody else? If it does, perfect. If it activates when somebody else hits you, then I would see it as unfair, since you did not cause the PvP action.
Yes, if your minding your own business I can confirm your only option to stop being bullied is so just log off.. because you can run inside you will still be pvp mode I already tested it.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:46 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
should add textshadow to your GUI text so it's more readable. here's a function to do it:

PHP Code:
function applyTextShadow(sid) {

with (findimg(side)) {

textshadow true;

shadowcolor = {255,255,255};
  }

Old 02-15-2014, 06:52 AM
Maloria Manager
bioboi has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Yes, if your minding your own business I can confirm your only option to stop being bullied is so just log off.. because you can run inside you will still be pvp mode I already tested it.
Or you know you could go Pmode?
Old 02-15-2014, 11:33 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by bioboi View Post
Or you know you could go Pmode?
Well it's not a problem for me but im sure people wont like being forced into pmode taking longer to level because of lack of exp bonus from being bmode. Still kinda sad, personally I think who ever initiates it should get this effect and if both parties attack it would make more sense because if they ran into trade and couldnt hit u u could hit them and instantly both would be vulnerable.. and that would make sense
Old 02-15-2014, 07:46 PM
Maloria Manager
bioboi has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Well it's not a problem for me but im sure people wont like being forced into pmode taking longer to level because of lack of exp bonus from being bmode. Still kinda sad, personally I think who ever initiates it should get this effect and if both parties attack it would make more sense because if they ran into trade and couldnt hit u u could hit them and instantly both would be vulnerable.. and that would make sense
Yeah you get benefits from being Bmode (Exp buff), let's let people avoid the negative side of said benefit (you can be attacked). It's part of the risk you take in order to get that extra experience, GK is the only server on Graal that baby's people from PvP so much.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:33 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by bioboi View Post
Yeah you get benefits from being Bmode (Exp buff), let's let people avoid the negative side of said benefit (you can be attacked). It's part of the risk you take in order to get that extra experience, GK is the only server on Graal that baby's people from PvP so much.
The reason why a lot of people don't want to PvP is because they can't get on an even footing with each other in a reasonable amount of time, and they don't like being attacked while they try to do so.

Kind of funny because a lot of players want stuff like exciting spars and kingdom wars, but fewer and fewer compete now because they feel they can't.