Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should Tigairius be a Administrator?
Tigairius should be Admin 40 76.92%
I Disagree... because (state below) 12 23.08%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 04:43 AM
DraxxTeazok is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DraxxTeazok
thats what im figuring too.

I keep myself intertained by working on different types of projects too. Here are some of my other ideas. they are still in the beginning stages of coarse, but they will evolve as i learn more about gfx. I know, this is not really the place for gfx, but since everyones here, might as well have a look.

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/416/example2eh4.png
Old 11-30-2007, 04:48 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
A lot of that stuff is really nice Draxx, it would be interesting to see what we would be able to do with it on the game

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 11-30-2007, 05:38 AM
Duergar
ViperZakuto is an unknown quantity at this point
this is great! Something may just get done =O
Old 11-30-2007, 06:40 PM
OOB
dNeonb is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to dNeonb Send a message via AIM to dNeonb Send a message via Yahoo to dNeonb
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraxxTeazok View Post
i stopped working on it when bjorn told me he will not script it, and i can never even find stefan.
You stopped not me and like I said before, you could have got someone else after contiga quit. I'm not here to be your personal scripting monkey and script all of your ideas. If you can't espousal for your own idea and get help from people for it what has this to do with me. You did not even ask me if I might now someone who could help you!

Just a few words on some stuff that a few people said. It's true I don't like some ideas and so do all of you, so why should I script them or any of you if you don't like it? If you have an idea, realize it yourself or try to find someone, this shows that you actually support your own idea. Just because I work on GK and on Debug it doesn't mean I'm there to script all of your idea. But I also did things I didn't like already, it's not that I always say no and don't do it. Sometimes I do things I don't like.

About the uploading, I never said I'm not going to upload new content like quests and stuff besides items after it was already made. Only if the content has bad source code in it. This is another point why it takes a few moments to get things uploaded if it's a lot of levels. I check each level by hand to avoid uploading illegal source codes which can be used to cheat. I can tell you quite a few people never thought of that and are now banned.

So if you have an idea and I say I don't like it, I only can repeat myself again and again because it seems noone does actually listen for months. Ask Stefan yourself, maybe he likes it and wants to work on it. If not get it done yourself and request that stuff to be uploaded by Stefan or me. But there is no input of requests to upload things.

The other things about the bugs, there are things I can't fix and Stean has to fix so don't blame me for not doing it. And if there was a bug produced due to one of my scripts I always fixed it after it was reported.

Forum PM
AIM GraalNeoN
ICQ 201894166
Old 11-30-2007, 06:45 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by dNeonb View Post
Stuff about checking levels
You know I could probably write you a program that checks a list of selected files for certain functions like "mudaddmoney" and "mudaddinvobj", etc.

edit:
You can probably also use Windows XP/Vista default search (F3 in Explorer) and it will prompt you to fill in words the file contains, you can type in "mudaddinvobj, mudremoveinvobj, mudaddmoney, etc" and I think it will search for them all, you may have to search for it word-by-word though, not sure if it checks things with a comma.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:48 PM
OOB
Send a message via ICQ to dNeonb Send a message via AIM to dNeonb Send a message via Yahoo to dNeonb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
You know I could probably write you a program that checks a list of selected files for certain functions like "mudaddmoney" and "mudaddinvobj", etc.
There is no need to write such programs because such programs exist but they are not as good as an human eye. Something specific things are needed in worder to make something happen that should happen, another place and time it's not good to have it there.
Such programs can't see the relationship between a classified bad word and it's context.

Forum PM
AIM GraalNeoN
ICQ 201894166
Old 11-30-2007, 06:50 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraxxTeazok View Post
That cow looks awesome.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:52 PM
The Cat
Quote:
There is no need to write such programs because such programs exist but they are not as good as an human eye. Something specific things are needed in worder to make something happen that should happen, another place and time it's not good to have it there.
Such programs can't see the relationship between a classified bad word and it's context.
I guess you're probably right.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:15 PM
LadyDarkwolf is on a distinguished road
Wow, way too much to have to read when you just wake up...

Draxx those fish have come along way from when ya first showed me ^_^ they look cool, as does the rest =).
Old 11-30-2007, 09:36 PM
Duergar
Quote:
You stopped not me and like I said before, you could have got someone else after contiga quit. I'm not here to be your personal scripting monkey and script all of your ideas. If you can't espousal for your own idea and get help from people for it what has this to do with me. You did not even ask me if I might now someone who could help you!

Just a few words on some stuff that a few people said. It's true I don't like some ideas and so do all of you, so why should I script them or any of you if you don't like it? If you have an idea, realize it yourself or try to find someone, this shows that you actually support your own idea. Just because I work on GK and on Debug it doesn't mean I'm there to script all of your idea. But I also did things I didn't like already, it's not that I always say no and don't do it. Sometimes I do things I don't like.

About the uploading, I never said I'm not going to upload new content like quests and stuff besides items after it was already made. Only if the content has bad source code in it. This is another point why it takes a few moments to get things uploaded if it's a lot of levels. I check each level by hand to avoid uploading illegal source codes which can be used to cheat. I can tell you quite a few people never thought of that and are now banned.

So if you have an idea and I say I don't like it, I only can repeat myself again and again because it seems noone does actually listen for months. Ask Stefan yourself, maybe he likes it and wants to work on it. If not get it done yourself and request that stuff to be uploaded by Stefan or me. But there is no input of requests to upload things.

The other things about the bugs, there are things I can't fix and Stean has to fix so don't blame me for not doing it. And if there was a bug produced due to one of my scripts I always fixed it after it was reported.
Since when was it our job to find scripters for gk? Shouldn't that be YOUR job?

Tell Stefan to give you these rights to fix these bugs. You know damn well he isn't going to fix these himself. Or do you even want these rights? Somebody besides Stefan needs rights to fix these bugs. If you are not willing to take on the task of getting these rights and fixing these... Then you need to let someone else stand in and fix them. Cause GK needs fixing very much so.

time to start a useless poll, but maybe it will get my point across =O
Old 11-30-2007, 09:41 PM
Ess
Mousymee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Mousymee
Bro, you don't have your position to work on things you like, you have it to work on things we, the players, like. You shouldn't refuse to work on things we want simply because you don't like them or they don't interest you.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:49 PM
OOB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousymee View Post
Bro, you don't have your position to work on things you like, you have it to work on things we, the players, like. You shouldn't refuse to work on things we want simply because you don't like them or they don't interest you.
I'm not your "Bro" just to clear this up.
And if you would have read my post then you would know that I also did exactly this. I worked on things I did not like. Please read before you post.

ViperZakuto, most of the bugs that appeared were caused by updates of the gserver and the npc-server. I don't think he will give a pice of that source code to anyone. Some were fixed more quickly, some others not, some still might need a "fix" in some players opinion even if it's the way it should work and some bugs really need a fix but are still not.

Forum PM
AIM GraalNeoN
ICQ 201894166
Old 11-30-2007, 10:24 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
This is just epic lol.
I give GK 1 more year tops.
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:19 PM
Duergar
Quote:
ViperZakuto, most of the bugs that appeared were caused by updates of the gserver and the npc-server. I don't think he will give a pice of that source code to anyone. Some were fixed more quickly, some others not, some still might need a "fix" in some players opinion even if it's the way it should work and some bugs really need a fix but are still not.
bugs that have appeared? they have been here for years. Agility bug for example. I went from 20-68 agility in one week playing time. This bug was posted 2 years ago??? Now anser me why Stefan chooses to ignore this server.

IMO, If he will not give the code to anybody, then he needs to stop what he is doin and fix the server. Updates are nice.. but you also still have to fix the current issues.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:25 PM
DraxxTeazok is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DraxxTeazok
there you are again, taking the same "i do what i have to" stance on every issue. no matter how you word it, the facts remain the same, ITS NOT WORKING! Your server is going to die as long as keep up this bull. If you are watching the server die and not changing the way things are done, or trying to get stefan to do things that you cant, then you ARE surely doomed.

If "only stefan can do that" then you should have reminded him 1000 times by now, every time you see him, you need to say "hey stefan, postal system still doesn't work". Its obvious if any single one of us were you we would be calling stefans phone at this point begging him to make a difference. Hell, if you would have spent this time working instead of typing on the forums you could have actually done something significant.

And its not my job to find scripters for your game, its not my job to do GFX for your game. No one pays me to work for you. I pay the game to have fun, and thats not even happening now. I would love to see you try and take your attitude to any other job in existance and see how long it takes you to get fired. "i was gonna stock the shelves but no one opened the boxes for me". When the store is going under because the customers cant find a product they would like to pay for, generally a REAL company would have you replaced with someone who knows how to open the boxes too. But then again, i dont know how things are done in germany. Maybe you guys prefer the "sit and wait for someone else to do the job" approach, but i dont.

And telling us to find someone to script our own ideas is just ignorant, i have never found anyone who even knows how to script in GKs style, because you would never allow them to have rights to view your scripts to learn from, and you know that, i have told you many times already.

And yes, you did tell me that you would not script my fishing system (which even you said was a good idea), you said "when you get the gfx for the wild plants done i'll work on it, but im not even gonna touch the fishing script" so i stopped working on it. If you expect me to spend weeks of my life coming up with good ideas, doing GFX, writing a system for it, finding a good enough scripter, adding it to debug, waiting hours to find you, having you approve it, having you transfer it...for free....well, you have another thing coming. No matter how you want to look at it, your attitude is going to put you out of a job, because we are not going to pay you again to come back to a server that has nothing to offer when todays 3D games far exceed yours.
Closed Thread