Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2015, 12:02 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
KoTH was fun until they over-complicated it and someone ruined the levels.
Old 07-12-2015, 11:14 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Oh I remember when Mongrel Mob was created. Meh...
Old 07-13-2015, 12:05 PM
Ramsfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NubsZz View Post
Era's very first KotH hosted by Ocelot in Los Carteles Base. At the time there were four gang: three old school ones (Black Holst, Blazian Bandits and Los Carteles) and the newly established Mongrel Mob, which I was in. This was during the time where each gang was distinguished by their gang gun and their iconic leaders at the time.

Black Holst led by War Head (and Kae if you considered him Boss)
Black Holster 2 (25 dmg, no spread, 6 shot clip)

Blazian Bandits led by Vincent and Sia
BB M4 (20 dmg, large spread, multishot option)

Los Carteles led by Vamp Chill and Gambet
SG552 (20 dmg, large spread, NO FREEZE)

Mongrel Mob led by Nuada and Mafia Ninja
Shipka (20 dmg, large spread, dual shot)

At the time there was no scripted treasure chest to account for time. It was set that at 8 pm EST whoever were the last men standing in the LC base would be crowned King of the Hill. LC were the clear favorites. Not only was the event in their base, but their gang gun was at the time the first and only gun with no freeze making it incredibly difficult to fight against. In the events leading up to KotH, Nuada was unable to attend and immediately we were at a disadvantage since only him and Mafia Ninja held the shipka. He decided to just forfeit the event and as a result Mafia Ninja also did not attend. That was when I rallied up 6-8 members and decided to participate even though other gangs had as many as 20+ members. After 2 hours of being dominated by other gangs, there was 5 minutes left. That was when Mongrel Mob took over the LC elevator and timed to enter the main base exactly 2 minutes prior to the scheduled time. When we bursted in, LC, BB and BH were all going at each other as Ocelot sealed off the gates. Miraculously, we ended up winning the first KotH and were rewarded with the flamethrower prize.

This was many years ago when Era was fun.
Nub, here is a montage of the day you are talking about, enjoy.

edit: yours truly in the video @ 4:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtFNon_mUAA
Old 07-13-2015, 02:05 PM
Katbot
punkrules will become famous soon enough
After carefully reviewing the video above I've come to the conclusion that in order to bring back old Era we must abandon our wireless internet and embrace 56k dial up.
Old 07-13-2015, 08:41 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrules View Post
After carefully reviewing the video above I've come to the conclusion that in order to bring back old Era we must abandon our wireless internet and embrace 56k dial up.
Ha, now people complain that they're only getting 50 Mbps down instead of their advertised 100 Mbps...

We should make more signs for people to use while they PK.. Such as "get rekt" or "DO IT!".. Players tend to respond well to these types of messages.

Edit: PKing was also more fun without proximity/trip mines.
Old 07-14-2015, 02:16 AM
NubsZz is on a distinguished road
That's not the KotH I was talking about, but close enough.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:41 AM
The_Federov's dad
Xloria is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
that first screen shot hit me right in the nostalgia so hard. I completely forgot that there was a period of time where I was evading a ban and played as rain drop on some random account.

I don't care if that's not considered "old era" those days were definitely the most fun.

Actually, that was me. I used the rain drop look for a couple years but when LC let me in they told me I had to fit the dress code, and be a human. My older brother is also in the picture by the door (Tyler)

"The Beauty isn't in climbing the mountain, it's about the view once you're at the top."
Old 07-21-2015, 09:42 AM
C:
devilsknite1 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to devilsknite1 Send a message via MSN to devilsknite1 Send a message via Yahoo to devilsknite1
Don't worry, there are still plenty of small children spouting racial slurs. It's just like old times.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:00 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xloria View Post
Actually, that was me. I used the rain drop look for a couple years but when LC let me in they told me I had to fit the dress code, and be a human. My older brother is also in the picture by the door (Tyler)
Xloria spouting off of other peoples accomplishments for years now, what is new???
Old 07-22-2015, 04:36 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Xloria spouting off of other peoples accomplishments for years now, what is new???
They're actually both in the screenshot if you look closely. I'm fairly sure Frankie was just reminiscing of a time he pretended to be someone else (to evade a ban) and that the picture reminded him of it.
Old 07-22-2015, 11:58 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
They're actually both in the screenshot if you look closely. I'm fairly sure Frankie was just reminiscing of a time he pretended to be someone else (to evade a ban) and that the picture reminded him of it.
friendly banter, gold nova 1 player
Old 07-23-2015, 04:06 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
friendly banter, gold nova 1 player
I'm MG plz
Old 07-23-2015, 08:50 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Hi guise.
Old 08-11-2015, 01:41 PM
hunterhunk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NubsZz View Post
Era's very first KotH hosted by Ocelot in Los Carteles Base. At the time there were four gang: three old school ones (Black Holst, Blazian Bandits and Los Carteles) and the newly established Mongrel Mob, which I was in. This was during the time where each gang was distinguished by their gang gun and their iconic leaders at the time.

Black Holst led by War Head (and Kae if you considered him Boss)
Black Holster 2 (25 dmg, no spread, 6 shot clip)

Blazian Bandits led by Vincent and Sia
BB M4 (20 dmg, large spread, multishot option)

Los Carteles led by Vamp Chill and Gambet
SG552 (20 dmg, large spread, NO FREEZE)

Mongrel Mob led by Nuada and Mafia Ninja
Shipka (20 dmg, large spread, dual shot)

At the time there was no scripted treasure chest to account for time. It was set that at 8 pm EST whoever were the last men standing in the LC base would be crowned King of the Hill. LC were the clear favorites. Not only was the event in their base, but their gang gun was at the time the first and only gun with no freeze making it incredibly difficult to fight against. In the events leading up to KotH, Nuada was unable to attend and immediately we were at a disadvantage since only him and Mafia Ninja held the shipka. He decided to just forfeit the event and as a result Mafia Ninja also did not attend. That was when I rallied up 6-8 members and decided to participate even though other gangs had as many as 20+ members. After 2 hours of being dominated by other gangs, there was 5 minutes left. That was when Mongrel Mob took over the LC elevator and timed to enter the main base exactly 2 minutes prior to the scheduled time. When we bursted in, LC, BB and BH were all going at each other as Ocelot sealed off the gates. Miraculously, we ended up winning the first KotH and were rewarded with the flamethrower prize.

This was many years ago when Era was fun.

Not trying to bump an old thread here, but this event was probably the most fun I had on Era. Nub I remember some of the squad we had for this event too, and we somehow managed to pull it off.

I wish I had my old computer for some of the awesome screenshots I used to have, but man the Morano/TF raids were also pretty memorable, even though getting door lamed by overpowered Katanas would get irritating.

I miss pking in old BB base too, and RIP EC.