Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 02-18-2009, 04:15 AM
Darugo Darugo is offline
hi
Darugo's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 63
Darugo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Why should we force ourselves to log on and play when it's just not fun?

Also, Graal has never been newbie friendly. You can't really associate player-drop with that, because back in the day new players were greeted by jump-squads out of Big Brothers house and constantly sword-raped. And that has nothing to do with the fact Graal was free, because it still carried on like that over the years.
Also Dusty, it is obvious you have Classic, and I have noticed in another topic you decided you were not upgrading, or atleast pointed that you didn't.
This was, I'm sure, partly why they removed Classic, people went ahead and said "hey why bother upgrading i am already set up enough to not need Gold again"
I am also running on Classic, but once I get some more cash I will GLADLY upgrade to support the community.


Also thank you Rufus
  #32  
Old 02-18-2009, 04:23 AM
DustyPorViva DustyPorViva is offline
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 9,589
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darugo View Post
This has been said many times by many players, just leave if you do not like it, but I am not going to do that, and I hope others follow my footsteps.
This contradicts your post before, though. First you say we should log on and play, then you say we should leave if we don't like Graal. Us all logging on and 'playing' isn't going to improve anything, just increase the playercount. By increasing the playercount when we're not really having fun will only be counter-productive as then they will have the numbers to back themselves with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darugo View Post
Just try a different server, yes there are some gem friends in Graal Online, and you are bound to have one or be one. If you don't like it anymore, try being a helpful sport to others on the server you frequent most and give hints and tips.
I have tried many servers, and I never really stick around for long. This may be my own personal problem because I have a hard time getting into anything. Regardless... it has been like this for years for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darugo View Post
I can see you have been here long, longer than me infact, hell longer than most people around here. I'm sure over these years, you have been satisfied with the game, you may have or have not been loyal to some servers, or the globals infact, and to change your opinion on something you liked within Graal is a decision made by you and you alone. Maybe if there were some way I could change the way you thought of Graal, I would do my best. So just ask what you want changed, I will do everything in my newbie power to help you.
A lot has to do with decisions made by the higher-ups that none of us can change. We have tried, but Stefan and Unixmad(I suspect the latter more than the formal) aren't very interested in our opinions.
  #33  
Old 02-18-2009, 04:26 AM
DustyPorViva DustyPorViva is offline
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 9,589
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darugo View Post
Also Dusty, it is obvious you have Classic, and I have noticed in another topic you decided you were not upgrading, or atleast pointed that you didn't.
This was, I'm sure, partly why they removed Classic, people went ahead and said "hey why bother upgrading i am already set up enough to not need Gold again"
I am also running on Classic, but once I get some more cash I will GLADLY upgrade to support the community.


Also thank you Rufus
It has nothing to do with me having classic. I can understand why they removed classic subscriptions, it was bad for their income. I don't want to upgrade because I have no reason to anymore. I would subscribe just to support Graal if they gave me a reason to, but I'm tired of the way players get treated around the forums and by the higher-ups.
  #34  
Old 02-18-2009, 04:35 AM
Darugo Darugo is offline
hi
Darugo's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 63
Darugo is an unknown quantity at this point
[QUOTE=DustyPorViva;1467469]This contradicts your post before, though. First you say we should log on and play, then you say we should leave if we don't like Graal. Us all logging on and 'playing' isn't going to improve anything, just increase the playercount. By increasing the playercount when we're not really having fun will only be counter-productive as then they will have the numbers to back themselves with.

No I said that most people say just get out and leave if you do not like it, but I said no to that because it is rude and we should welcome oldbies like you.
Sorry if that was phrased badly.

Also sorry for getting your membership involved in this.
  #35  
Old 02-18-2009, 04:44 AM
DustyPorViva DustyPorViva is offline
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 9,589
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darugo View Post
No I said that most people say just get out and leave if you do not like it, but I said no to that because it is rude and we should welcome oldbies like you.
Sorry if that was phrased badly.

Also sorry for getting your membership involved in this.
I'm sure people will leave if they're not happy, but that's not a good argument. People should never feel like they have to leave, if they're still here then there is a reason why. Maybe it's to complain, but even so, they're not playing for a reason. Admins should take that into consideration. I'm still here because honestly, I tend to want to help. I like the community and I want to help it out, but they don't make it too easy.

I think Graal has amazing potential, but it's just one bad decision after the next. It's good to see a perspective from a newer player, though. Obviously some people still enjoy it, and I'm not out to stop anyone from enjoying it.
  #36  
Old 02-18-2009, 04:55 AM
DarkRenji DarkRenji is offline
Lv
DarkRenji's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: s
Posts: 1,273
DarkRenji is a jewel in the roughDarkRenji is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to DarkRenji
Why are you comparing summer player counts, to these school day player counts? :x
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im not a newb View Post
Renji shouldn't be allowed to be rich EVERYWHERE.
  #37  
Old 02-18-2009, 05:01 AM
Darugo Darugo is offline
hi
Darugo's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 63
Darugo is an unknown quantity at this point
Summer is when players are more active as School playtime players usually go to sleep earlier and are gone for school half of the day.
  #38  
Old 02-18-2009, 05:17 AM
SwimChao SwimChao is offline
UN Manager
SwimChao's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 486
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
Send a message via Skype™ to SwimChao
I haven't been on Graal long, so it's hard for me to say what things were like when other things weren't here -- or what things were like in older days.

However, I do know that a majority of UN's players have spread out to other servers. I know that we used to get a majority of the classic server list's players, but who can blame them for spreading out to other servers? We've gone through so many Managers in the past month so we really haven't had a consistent development plan. That being said:

People certainly are spreading across the server list. However, we're still losing players and I often look at the list and do the math and notice it's at an all time low for the time I've been on Graal.

I have a theory as to why it's so low as it is (though it doesn't account for all of the drop in players). Know that a majority of the people who play Graal are in the 13-18 age group. School is going on and I think that alot of people are just focusing their time on school, rather than Graal. I predict it'll balance back out to a steady flow during the summertime, which isn't all that far away.

I can't really account for much else, and I skipped a few of the posts so I could write this up before I left. Hope it made sense. :P
__________________
People wake up hatin' and they ain't even brushed they teeth yet.
  #39  
Old 02-18-2009, 05:18 AM
FaLLChiLD FaLLChiLD is offline
fcmrcy
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 258
FaLLChiLD has a spectacular aura aboutFaLLChiLD has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to FaLLChiLD Send a message via Skype™ to FaLLChiLD
I don't see how anyone could say that is isn't the fault of the higher-ups.

What have we seen from them? A more "kid" friendly website that I actually find harder to navigate. Minimal updates to the actual client, game play, or development tools (that player-developers use to make the game with). Failure to accept player opinions.

I never got into the whole games server. I don't understand why they keep popping out half ass projects instead of improving what we have or want. Graal iPhone was not there when the playercount was higher. The games server was not there. This kind of stuff isn't what drew players in originally and it doesn't seem to be helping that much.

And Tig - Zodiac wasn't there. UN had well over 200 players. Maloria, Atlantis, Delteria, N-Pulse, Valikorlia; All servers actually had a steady fan base ranging anywhere from 30-70 players everyday. How you can diminish all these into two servers hardly equal to what UN had itself is beyond me.
  #40  
Old 02-18-2009, 05:21 AM
Tigairius Tigairius is offline
The Cat
Tigairius's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,240
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephirot View Post
I'm going to repeat myself, but obviously you were not here, Zodiac did not even exist back then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLLChiLD View Post
And Tig - Zodiac wasn't there.
That's what I've been trying to say this entire time.

Zodiac wasn't around back when UN had that playercount. Once Zodiac was released, half of UN's players went to Zodiac. ~200 people from UN *divided by* 2 = 100 people. There are 100 people on each server now. This is because 200/2 = 100. Plus there are other new servers that have come up on the private world list. The playercount has just shifted, not decreased.
__________________


“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
  #41  
Old 02-18-2009, 05:24 AM
FaLLChiLD FaLLChiLD is offline
fcmrcy
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 258
FaLLChiLD has a spectacular aura aboutFaLLChiLD has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to FaLLChiLD Send a message via Skype™ to FaLLChiLD
Then where did the rest go lozlz!?!

Edit to reshow my biggest point which isn't that zodiac wasn't there
UN had well over 200 players. Maloria, Atlantis, Delteria, N-Pulse, Valikorlia; All servers actually had a steady fan base ranging anywhere from 30-70 players everyday.


Double edit:
We should just close this thread until Summer and then talk about it once the school thing is out of the way and we have an actual idea of how many are playing during "peak" season.
  #42  
Old 02-18-2009, 05:26 AM
SwimChao SwimChao is offline
UN Manager
SwimChao's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 486
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
Send a message via Skype™ to SwimChao
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLLChiLD View Post
Then where did the rest go lozlz!?!

Edit to reshow my biggest point which isn't that zodiac wasn't there
UN had well over 200 players. Maloria, Atlantis, Delteria, N-Pulse, Valikorlia; All servers actually had a steady fan base ranging anywhere from 30-70 players everyday.
I don't know exactly how big of a ball it plays, but school certainly has an effect in it.
__________________
People wake up hatin' and they ain't even brushed they teeth yet.
  #43  
Old 02-18-2009, 05:31 AM
Tigairius Tigairius is offline
The Cat
Tigairius's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,240
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLLChiLD View Post
Then where did the rest go lozlz!?!

Edit to reshow my biggest point which isn't that zodiac wasn't there
UN had well over 200 players. Maloria, Atlantis, Delteria, N-Pulse, Valikorlia; All servers actually had a steady fan base ranging anywhere from 30-70 players everyday.
A few years ago:
  • UN had a good 180 people or so.
  • Era had about 90
  • Maloria usually had around 40
  • Atlantis = 0
  • Delteria = 0
  • N-Pulse = 20
  • Valikorlia = 20

Today:
  • UN = 85
  • Era = 105
  • Zodiac = 105
  • Atlantis = 0
  • Delteria = 0
  • N-Pulse = 20
  • Valikorlia = 30

Does anyone disagree with this estimate? I think it's pretty accurate. Now add it up.
__________________


“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
  #44  
Old 02-18-2009, 05:36 AM
xnervNATx xnervNATx is offline
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Classic
Posts: 874
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
A few years ago:
  • UN had a good 180 people or so.
  • Era had about 90
  • Maloria usually had around 40
  • Atlantis = 0
  • Delteria = 0
  • N-Pulse = 20
  • Valikorlia = 20

Today:
  • UN = 85
  • Era = 105
  • Zodiac = 105
  • Atlantis = 0
  • Delteria = 0
  • N-Pulse = 20
  • Valikorlia = 30

Does anyone disagree with this estimate? I think it's pretty accurate. Now add it up.
that seem more accurate than every server with 40-70 players -_-
__________________
  #45  
Old 02-18-2009, 05:40 AM
Darugo Darugo is offline
hi
Darugo's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 63
Darugo is an unknown quantity at this point
has atlantis/delteria even had more than 10 players ever? I'm sure they didn't break 20 when they opened
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.