Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2006, 03:40 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Requesting clarification regarding the rule against external links

Quote:
c) You are not permitted to make external links if they are not pointing to a Graal site (wiki.graal.net , graal.net, graalonline.com ) . In some very rare cases, we may accept some links after being approved by a administrator or super moderator.
  • Does this also disallow links to graal related sites? Like the Graal wiki and playerworld sites.
    • Can we get links to pages on the Graal Wiki approved in general, please?
  • Does this also disallow links to player-made content on the GraalBible?
  • Does this also disallow links to player-made sites on vip.graal.net?
  • Does this also apply to images, using the img-tag?
  • Can we expect links that have been posted outside of NGRT before this rule came into effect to be approved by the administration? Otherwise, will quoting posts containing such links be illegal as well?
Old 03-25-2006, 03:50 PM
Prime Rib of Micronesia
warp2ukew will become famous soon enough
Interesting...

MOONIE GET OFF YOUR ROCKER AND ANSWER THIS MAN.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:40 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel
  • Does this also disallow links to graal related sites? Like the Graal wiki and playerworld sites.
    • Can we get links to pages on the Graal Wiki approved in general, please?
  • Does this also disallow links to player-made content on the GraalBible?
  • Does this also disallow links to player-made sites on vip.graal.net?
  • Does this also apply to images, using the img-tag?
  • Can we expect links that have been posted outside of NGRT before this rule came into effect to be approved by the administration? Otherwise, will quoting posts containing such links be illegal as well?
If you read that quote again, you will see that Links to the Graal wiki is allowed (wiki.graal.net)

As for all the rest, Unixmad will have to answer, as we did not discuss this rule. He wanted it added, and therefore, added it.

I do think that the rule should be that if it is Graal related, and has no links within it to innapropriate sites, or has no inappropriate content, that it should be allowed. Such as websites for playerworlds.

I think the rule is for all links not Graal related period.
I will have to clarify, but probably wont get a chance to talk to Unix until next week, as he generally doesn't get on ICQ on weekends.
I will type up an email, however, with unanswered questions, and point to this link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warp2ukew
MOONIE GET OFF YOUR ROCKER AND ANSWER THIS MAN.
I don't have a rocker
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 03-25-2006, 04:46 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159
If you read that quote again, you will see that Links to the Graal wiki is allowed (wiki.graal.net)
The GraalWiki is the thing at wiki.graal.us, wiki.graal.net is the GraalBible.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:54 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
The GraalWiki is the thing at wiki.graal.us, wiki.graal.net is the GraalBible.
I see, then I will have to get clarification on that also.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 03-25-2006, 05:06 PM
Somewhat rusty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159
I see, then I will have to get clarification on that also.
Thanks
Old 03-25-2006, 05:15 PM
haunter is on a distinguished road
I'd like to know the reason behind this rule as well; if at all possible.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:22 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
It's a horrible rule.

If a player is developing a rule that's not yet online, they would have to upload it to the Graal Forums rather than their own site. This gives Graal the chance to do anything to those images.

This would mean that we couldn't make nice and organized graphical posts. Rather, it all has to be stacked all ugly with the attachments.

If linking to other sites is illegal, why are we allowed to have offsite signatures?
Old 03-25-2006, 06:24 PM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
I think this is due to that Phishing crisis, however, it is a bit late to assume that.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:42 PM
Somewhat rusty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami
If linking to other sites is illegal, why are we allowed to have offsite signatures?
I do not think we are. This is why I posted, too.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:39 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
Quote:
I do not think we are. This is why I posted, too.
Well no one's complained, not even unixmad. So I'm a bit skeptical (i think thats the word you're supposed to use in this kind of situation?).
Old 03-25-2006, 08:49 PM
I Fight Bears
CidNight1142 is on a distinguished road
I would also really love to get an explanation for this rule's necessity. For years people have uploaded gfx links to be rated, connections to funny sites, had elaborate sigs that are pleasing to the eye, and witty comebacks involving links. Why, now, is this suddenly being frowned upon?
A poet never takes notes. You never take notes in a love affair.
Robert Frost
Old 03-27-2006, 02:32 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin Send a message via Skype™ to Draenin
Question to Moonie:

Most images that I create for my sig / avatar / etc. come from a non-graal website. Will someone be knocking at my door for me to remove them, or what? If so, that's going to quickly develop into a problem for many users and moderators alike. (Because mods are going to have to do a lot of work to enforce that rule.) The rule about not having offensive images in sigs and whatnot is perfectly understandable, but ones from offsite pages seems a little... I dunno... Ill thought-out.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:35 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin
Question to Moonie:

Most images that I create for my sig / avatar / etc. come from a non-graal website. Will someone be knocking at my door for me to remove them, or what? If so, that's going to quickly develop into a problem for many users and moderators alike. (Because mods are going to have to do a lot of work to enforce that rule.) The rule about not having offensive images in sigs and whatnot is perfectly understandable, but ones from offsite pages seems a little... I dunno... Ill thought-out.
I don't think that he meant the sigs. I think he simply meant direct, clickable links to websites.
When you click on a pic in a sig, it noramlly doesnt take you to a website, unless you set it up to do so, correct?
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 03-27-2006, 03:11 AM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388 Send a message via Skype™ to excaliber7388
Hmmm I for a long time have had links to the Dark rival website, and forums, as well as graal bible, and a link to Dark Rival. These are graal related, but not all officially graal, what about such sites?