Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-29-2014, 04:55 AM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
~Gang Events Topic~

Just a topic about gangs. Keeping track of some gang related stuff in this topic as well. Feel free to add info.

So, yesterday was the first Gang Events since Tim//Seth (I think) gave Era citizens the right to create their own gang for free.

There are currently 7 gangs: Terisu Family, Mercenary, Los Carteles, Cooper, Black Nation, Humboldt Haze, and Elite Faction. For week 1, I know for sure that Merc, TF, and LC participated in Gang Events. I know that EP (Merc) won two MVP coins and Corey (Terisu) won two MVP coins. I know that Terisu Family won Gang Wars. I dunno the rest (I'm just going by what I saw when I logged in), but feel free to add and/or correct me. I will actually log in before the start of next week's Gang Events to keep better track.

Week 1: Terisu Family won Gang Events (announced by Seth at the end of Gang Events).

Last edited by Zongui; 09-29-2014 at 05:08 AM..
Old 10-02-2014, 11:30 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
I guess nobody gives a **** about gangs. Stop wasting your time brah.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:38 AM
TheLinkMan2002 will become famous soon enough
our average player count is around 40. even on sunday we hit a max of seventy and 40 of them are just idlers. The gap between us and new players is so large that we'll never get them to stick around. This is really it, Era is on its last leg. it's honestly time to say goodbye. The only reason anyone logs on anymore is for late night spars when they are bored. If they ever release a true pc client for iera that would honestly be the only viable option for those of us that want to relive the past. Sucks that we'll all be poor though.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:44 AM
Exolia Zephlyn
SharkeySprinkles will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to SharkeySprinkles
So I have an idea. Instead of constantly complaining that we (staff) are failing and doing nothing right, let's get some ideas on what we can do. I don't mean ideas like "Fire this person, hire me, blah blah." I mean, give me concrete ideas, plans, and we'll weigh all options and start working in the correct direction.

I already have ideas/plans that we're working on, most of which were already being worked on that you guys just don't see. We're going to continue with these plans, but we're always open to ideas.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:03 PM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Make everything cheaper.

Make jobs pay a lot more.

The higher-tier weapons can only be bought via ECs, MVP coins, other collateral than cash.

Guns like Desert Raven, Shipka, ACR, Tommy Gun, SG552 etc should all cost $500,000 from the store, you should be able to make $100,000 within 2 hours of working, regardless of the job.

If we don't start to cater to new players, the only ones left will be the kids that are bitter and don't want to see success in the game itself but success within themselves and they will quickly find themselves in a spiral of regret for complaining that this idea was ever brought up.

It takes one kid from iEra to tell his friends how much easier, how much funner and how much better you can become on PC Era than iEra for the kids to come flocking like birds.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:50 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Make everything cheaper.

Make jobs pay a lot more.

The higher-tier weapons can only be bought via ECs, MVP coins, other collateral than cash.

Guns like Desert Raven, Shipka, ACR, Tommy Gun, SG552 etc should all cost $500,000 from the store, you should be able to make $100,000 within 2 hours of working, regardless of the job.

If we don't start to cater to new players, the only ones left will be the kids that are bitter and don't want to see success in the game itself but success within themselves and they will quickly find themselves in a spiral of regret for complaining that this idea was ever brought up.

It takes one kid from iEra to tell his friends how much easier, how much funner and how much better you can become on PC Era than iEra for the kids to come flocking like birds.
I agree wholeheartedly.
I actually did part of that when I was gun admin under Zach's Management when I made the most expensive guns (S6 and AUG) cost 600k and the prices all went down from there in a pretty linear fashion.
I would have made jobs pay a lot more if I could have, too.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:20 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Just make like 10 different default sets of guns (main, side-arm, shotgun/specialty) and let people choose their set when they log-in. Have an armory where you can change.

Ex:
Marine Outfit - Mp5 Navy, Glock18, Spas-12
Futuristic Firearms - Tempest, Core Handgun, SD Cannon
Army Corps - AR-15, Mini SMG, Neo Rifle
Heavy Ordnance - Gatling Gun, PBP, RPG

Killing people gives you points; you can spend them to get bonus **** like Medpacks (revives), Melee weapons, Bombs, Food, Capps etc.
Events would stay the same; just more bonus **** like the typewriter and supers and instruments and w.e.
Gangs would stay the same.
HP Levels and Killstreaks are fine. Gang bonuses are fine.
Potions would stay the same, they could be bought either with gelats normally or mvp coins, nukes would also cost a mvp coin (this would be highest tier.. for the top players of the weeks + gang events). You'd only need a LW if you buy too much bonus ****.
Money/jobs could stay but would be only for aesthetic stuff like cars/houses/storage/gambling/hats.

**** trading.
**** shops.
**** ammo.
**** businesses.
**** quests.

Zone it up. I'd play everyday.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:50 AM
Inari is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Sounds like a random online shooter rather than what I remember Era being.

Actually at that point it would probably be better to just makes a Server where there is a lobby and a system to choose gamemode/map and then you go fight on that map and return after. (Though thats what zone was in the past iirc, didn't check it out lately)
Old 10-04-2014, 08:28 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Just make like 10 different default sets of guns (main, side-arm, shotgun/specialty) and let people choose their set when they log-in. Have an armory where you can change.

Ex:
Marine Outfit - Mp5 Navy, Glock18, Spas-12
Futuristic Firearms - Tempest, Core Handgun, SD Cannon
Army Corps - AR-15, Mini SMG, Neo Rifle
Heavy Ordnance - Gatling Gun, PBP, RPG

Killing people gives you points; you can spend them to get bonus **** like Medpacks (revives), Melee weapons, Bombs, Food, Capps etc.
Events would stay the same; just more bonus **** like the typewriter and supers and instruments and w.e.
Gangs would stay the same.
HP Levels and Killstreaks are fine. Gang bonuses are fine.
Potions would stay the same, they could be bought either with gelats normally or mvp coins, nukes would also cost a mvp coin (this would be highest tier.. for the top players of the weeks + gang events). You'd only need a LW if you buy too much bonus ****.
Money/jobs could stay but would be only for aesthetic stuff like cars/houses/storage/gambling/hats.

**** trading.
**** shops.
**** ammo.
**** businesses.
**** quests.

I proposed the same idea a while ago.

I think the next step if we want to have any hope at all of surviving is to do what I stated above.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:44 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inari View Post
Sounds like a random online shooter rather than what I remember Era being.
It's literally Era, minus the guns->money economy.
Old 10-05-2014, 09:41 PM
Week 2: Mercenary won Gang Events.

Mercenary won Gang Wars, TDM, and TTS.
BN won KotH.
Harlot won TDM.

MVPs: Tonksta (BN), Ishmael x2 (Merc), Cyclone (Harlot), and paintballdude956 (Merc).

Harlot won best gang (most gang points) for this week.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:05 PM
Week 3: Otaku won Gang Events.

MVPs: 2Pac x2 (Otaku), Jesse B. (Lethal Securities), Inkus Stinkus (Otaku), EP Divine (Booty Warriors), and Park Heights (Terisu Family).

Terisu Family won Gang Wars (heard it was an upset. Park Heights was MVP).
Old 10-19-2014, 12:06 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
I proposed the same idea a while ago.

I think the next step if we want to have any hope at all of surviving is to do what I stated above.
I proposed to get rid of the economy 5+ years ago back when Daz was manager. everyone thought I was ****ing crazy because back then, one of the primary focuses of administrations were to fix the economy. every time someone new took over they always had some magic plan to "fix the economy", and I called out on it a long time ago that the economy could never be stabilized, there will always be flaws, people will have advantages, and it would do nothing but go downhill. sure enough, that's what happened.

now days it seems like everyone's focus is to try and fix the gangs, and I believe there's a bigger picture to a bigger problem that's being ignored. the game itself is extremely stale. new players aren't drawn to the server because of how impossible it is to compete against players that have been building up their inventories for years and years. you're trying to force a small group of players into gang activity that have been participating in the same damn thing over and over for the past few years. it's just not going to work..

era needs some fresh faces, and there's a ridiculous amount of potential to pull player count from the mobile/facebook servers. pc era isn't exciting though. it's a mundane grind fest to anyone looking in from the iservers. getting rid of the economy is the only thing left that could help spark the enjoyment of this server again. new players will come in, everyone will be on a more equal playing field, skill will be the ultimate factor in success over riches, it would be fun.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:42 AM
Posting The Truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
getting rid of the economy is the only thing left that could help spark the enjoyment of this server again. new players will come in, everyone will be on a more equal playing field, skill will be the ultimate factor in success over riches, it would be fun.
Zone it up!
Old 10-19-2014, 12:26 PM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
era is dead... its not 2005 and were not 14 years old get the **** over it it wont be the same