Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum > Playerworld Related Information
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2011, 08:57 AM
Sinkler is a jewel in the roughSinkler is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sinkler
Classic/Hosted Requirements for Playerworlds

The Playerworld Administration has updated the Playerworld rules and criteria.

Hosted/Classic Requirements:

The purpose of this document is to clearly and definitively state what the requirements are to become a Hosted or Classic server and their respective criteria.

Hosted Requirements:
Hosted status is given to servers that are awaiting approval Classic status. The Playerworld Administration uses the Hosted status as a way to get players involved in determining whether or not the server will be effective if it is to be approved for Classic status. This will help Graal’s administration is determining whether or not a Hosted server is to be approved for Classic status.
1) The server pending approval from the Playerworld Administration for Hosted status must have the following:
  1. Quality content (graphics, levels, scripts, etc…)
  2. Some player entertainment (the intention is to bring players onto the server, thus it is necessary to have some playable content)
  3. Having an established or the means of establishing a stable staff team
  4. Have an original concept/storyline
2) You must accept and follow the rules for Playerworlds outlined in (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=84379). If the server is approved, the server manager accepts and will enforce the rules outlined in that document. Failure to do so will result in immediate termination of Hosted status, and depending on the severity, further punishment may occur.
Hosted servers will be constantly reviewed by the Playerworld Administration. The Playerworld Administration will be looking for a constant flow of development and an active administration. If it is observed that the server is in a state of stagnation, a warning will be given to the server’s administration, and if nothing is done to change the current status of the server, the server’s hosted status will be terminated.

Classic Requirements:

Classic status is given to servers who are on the hosted server list and are successful. Successful is defined in terms of the average amount of players that play the server and a clear distinction from other Classic servers, making it a unique and entertaining server.
1) The servers pending approval from the Playerworld Administration for Classic status must have the following:
  1. Have an adequate amount of playable content to keep players on the server for an extended amount of time
  2. A clear, unique concept that will make an asset to servers listed under the Classic status
  3. Is GS2 compliant
  4. A competent administration
2) You must accept and follow the rules for Playerworlds outlined in (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=84379). If the server is approved, the server manager accepts and will enforce the rules outlined in that document. Failure to do so will result in immediate termination, and depending on the severity, further punishment may occur.

Once a server attains Classic status, the administration will be under constant observation from the Playerworld Administration. In addition, all managers of Classic servers will have to follow Classic-related rules set forth by the Playerworld Administration. Failure to do so will result in possible termination.
(Note: All current Classic servers will remain Classic even under the new definitions.)

Both the Playerworld Administration and Stefan determine whether or not a server meets these requirements.

Thank you,

The Playerworld Administration

Attached to this post is the document if you need it.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Hosted requirements2.doc (30.5 KB, 687 views)

If you need to get in contact with me, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that."

-John Stuart Mill
Old 11-17-2011, 09:07 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
I have 2 questions.

1. Isn't the list/tab named "PlayerWorlds" rather than "Classic"?

2. What if a server which otherwise passes inspection wishes to go straight onto the PlayerWorlds tab and does not wish to spend time on the Hosted tab? It is my understanding that the purpose of the Hosted tab is to better advertise a promising server for the sake of attracting developers.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
I have 2 questions.

1. Isn't the list/tab named "PlayerWorlds" rather than "Classic"?

2. What if a server which otherwise passes inspection wishes to go straight onto the PlayerWorlds tab and does not wish to spend time on the Hosted tab? It is my understanding that the purpose of the Hosted tab is to better advertise a promising server for the sake of attracting developers.
In response to your first question: Yes, however it is often referred to as "Classic Tab" due to its permanence. I believe most people will understand the point.

In response to your second question: The purpose, as stated in the document, of the Hosted tab is to determine whether or not the server is ready to be put on the Classic tab (I will refer to the Playerworld Tab as such). It is a way for the PWA and Stefan to see how well the server functions under the Hosted tab and we can move forward from there.

Please do not hesitate to ask more questions or if you want things clarified.

If you need to get in contact with me, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

-John Stuart Mill
Old 11-17-2011, 10:19 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinkler View Post
In response to your second question: The purpose, as stated in the document, of the Hosted tab is to determine whether or not the server is ready to be put on the Classic tab (I will refer to the Playerworld Tab as such). It is a way for the PWA and Stefan to see how well the server functions under the Hosted tab and we can move forward from there.
This clarifies the purpose of the Hosted Tab, but this does not clarify my question to the extent that I had hoped.

Lets assume there is a server which:

• Has already spent a considerable amount of time on the PlayerWorlds tab previously.

• Has a significant known anticipation among the player base.

• Had agreed with the PWA Admin of the time, at the point of deciding to redevelop, that upon completion of its plans will be able to go straight back onto the PlayerWorlds tab.

• Is delaying such a promotion, until the level of completion has reached such a point where it is felt that not only will the server will pass the minimum requirements for merely reaching the PlayerWorlds tab, but be capable of sustaining a playercount long term.

• The development team feels a spell on the Hosted tab would act as a hindrance to the potential success following a promotion to the PlayerWorlds tab.

Therefore I ask whether it is necessary for such a server as assumed, or similar, to complete a spell on the Hosted tab prior to a promotion to the PlayerWorlds tab?
Old 11-17-2011, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
This clarifies the purpose of the Hosted Tab, but this does not clarify my question to the extent that I had hoped.

Lets assume there is a server which:

• Has already spent a considerable amount of time on the PlayerWorlds tab previously.

• Has a significant known anticipation among the player base.

• Had agreed with the PWA Admin of the time, at the point of deciding to redevelop, that upon completion of its plans will be able to go straight back onto the PlayerWorlds tab.

• Is delaying such a promotion, until the level of completion has reached such a point where it is felt that not only will the server will pass the minimum requirements for merely reaching the PlayerWorlds tab, but be capable of sustaining a playercount long term.

• The development team feels a spell on the Hosted tab would act as a hindrance to the potential success following a promotion to the PlayerWorlds tab.

Therefore I ask whether it is necessary for such a server as assumed, or similar, to complete a spell on the Hosted tab prior to a promotion to the PlayerWorlds tab?
Because we are using the Hosted Tab as an indicator of what we could expect on the Classic tab.

Regardless if they meet Classic requirements, they are required to go through a stint on the Hosted tab. The longevity is dependent on what the PWA deems sufficient to make a conclusion based on what we have observed.

-John Stuart Mill
Old 11-17-2011, 12:08 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Regardless if they meet Classic requirements, they are required to go through a stint on the Hosted tab. The longevity is dependent on what the PWA deems sufficient to make a conclusion based on what we have observed.
Requiring an open beta (the Hosted tab) sounds like a hype killer for servers that have had continuous pre-testing like Classic and are planning a "big" release. I thought the only purpose of the Hosted tab was to offer that kind of testing environment to servers that feel they've reached that stage in their development. It just seems weird that you can no longer skip the step, but it's not really a big deal either. It's not as though we're flooded with potential Classic tab servers planning their release, but I can understand why Classic staff don't like it being a requirement, because I wouldn't either if I had a server I planned to release.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:50 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Sticky this.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:10 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
I've stickied the thread, however what are the rule updates?
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 11-18-2011, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
I've stickied the thread, however what are the rule updates?
It's a redefinition of the rules. It's really an entire change.

-John Stuart Mill
Old 11-18-2011, 02:20 AM
I also misspoke. There is a small possibility that a server can by-pass hosted servers, however, the likelihood of this happening is very small.

-John Stuart Mill
Old 11-18-2011, 04:29 AM
Banned
Quote:
I also misspoke. There is a small possibility that a server can by-pass hosted servers, however, the likelihood of this happening is very small.
I think it would be a good idea to clarify the circumstances ofwhich a server can bypass the Hosted tab, as even if this is a very small likelihood and doesn't apply to the majority of under construction servers, it would provide a known set of requirements for a server to possibly target and plan ahead for. Given this it would be much easier for an under construction server to demonstrate whatever it is which needs to be observed while on the Hosted tab.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:27 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Tips to going and staying Classic:

1. Make something that people can actually have fun playing
2. Make sure it doesn't break dramatically
3. Actually fix it when it does
4. Don't disappear shortly after going classic
5. Don't be a jack ass (jackasses are more prone to requiring global takeover, not that they even bother anymore)

PC Classic will have no problem skipping Hosted tab, these rules are just for the textbooks.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:20 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Everyone should know that it lies in the own interest of their server to have the according amount of content to be classified as such.

Those are just brutal realistic guidelines for newbies that attempt to create something fantastic. One might think that they are rather preventing from purchasing Developer Gold :P...whatever the motives of the purchase may be lol...

Blarg
Old 11-19-2011, 02:22 AM
Bert
snoop413 can only hope to improve
Quote:
1. Have an adequate amount of playable content to keep players on the server for an extended amount of time
2. A clear, unique concept that will make an asset to servers listed under the Classic status
3. Is GS2 compliant
4. A competent administration
UN doesn't meet any of those...
are you going to take it down?
Old 11-20-2011, 02:24 AM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
These standards do not apply to playerworlds already in Classic status. While we are encouraging them to update their servers, for many such as UN its a monumental task to redo everything on the server from scratch without sufficient staffing to do so. Its known as being grandfathered in and there are certain exceptions you must consider in fairness to all.

A new server being built will have already started with GS2 so won't run into the difficulties an older server might have. This is also why we don't encourage remakes of old servers. Many people think that just because a server was popular and playable 8 years ago it will be again by just uploading old content.