FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 04:39 AM
Baddy King
Brady_Graal will become famous soon enough
Where is the link to download

to download graal v5?

Just had a tournament on unholy nation with over half of the players using v6
this sparring is too laggy to be enjoyable, which has been stated since v6 was first downloadable :/
Old 12-24-2012, 10:53 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady_Graal View Post
to download graal v5?

Just had a tournament on unholy nation with over half of the players using v6
this sparring is too laggy to be enjoyable, which has been stated since v6 was first downloadable :/
v5 is being phased out. And it's most likely due to the UPD/TCP settings. Pervious versions allowed you to use UPD but the current gives no option to.

What you might consider doing is (f3).. and looking at your graphics.. are they OpenGL ?? or DirectX.. sometimes checking that box will help you ALOT.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:12 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
v5 is being phased out. And it's most likely due to the UPD/TCP settings. Pervious versions allowed you to use UPD but the current gives no option to.
UDP, not UPD. And a lot of the lag players of classic servers complain about is a result of a lack of UDP support in the new client.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:12 AM
Baddy King
Brady_Graal will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
UDP, not UPD. And a lot of the lag players of classic servers complain about is a result of a lack of UDP support in the new client.
Exactly. Most players have much less delay using UDP. A rare few players look like they're frozen in place unless they use TCP.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:54 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
i doubt stefan has ever cared about sparring. it's not a big enough deal for them to add UDP support for.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:29 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
I don't understand how V6 can be considered as "released" when V5 hasn't actually been disabled, lack of UDP support is a shame though.
It's never going to happen now but it would be really neat if you could set peer-to-peer UDP to only work between certain players via script, such as between 2 sparrers, but nobody else.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:34 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
I don't understand how V6 can be considered as "released" when V5 hasn't actually been disabled, lack of UDP support is a shame though.
It's never going to happen now but it would be really neat if you could set peer-to-peer UDP to only work between certain players via script, such as between 2 sparrers, but nobody else.
I don't understand how car's are considered new when old ones still exist.. did you really just say v6 isn't a release?

Yes, lack of UDP is a shame. I was told it was removed when the microphone was removed tho.. I didn't even know the microphone was removed tho.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:18 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
I don't understand how car's are considered new when old ones still exist.. did you really just say v6 isn't a release?

Yes, lack of UDP is a shame. I was told it was removed when the microphone was removed tho.. I didn't even know the microphone was removed tho.
Graal v6: now with less features and higher subscription costs!
Old 12-28-2012, 07:46 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
Graal v6: now with less features and higher subscription costs!
Less? Elaborate that one genius. They added ALOT of new features to v6.. you can check for yourself if you don't believe me.. one of the bigger changes being external scripted windows (that are eventually or being tried to take over the RC, Level Editor, Gani Editor, and other tools).. if your gonna just blurt something out back up what your saying at least. The 1 thing they removed thats a "big deal" is UDP support.. And subscription cost's have gone up since the release (official release) of V6..
Old 12-28-2012, 08:21 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
Less? Elaborate that one genius. They added ALOT of new features to v6.. you can check for yourself if you don't believe me.. one of the bigger changes being external scripted windows (that are eventually or being tried to take over the RC, Level Editor, Gani Editor, and other tools).. if your gonna just blurt something out back up what your saying at least. The 1 thing they removed thats a "big deal" is UDP support.. And subscription cost's have gone up since the release (official release) of V6..
i literally don't give a flying **** about any of that. none of those new features makes me a more satisfied player, and the removal of UDP support makes what i enjoyed most about this "game" a piece of ****.

and what are the new tools going to provide? a chance for thor to talk about how great he is for making some new UI for PMs that only works in v6? more UC servers can fail but now with shiny new external windows? big ****ing deal

enough elaboration for you?
Old 12-28-2012, 09:18 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
i literally don't give a flying **** about any of that. none of those new features makes me a more satisfied player, and the removal of UDP support makes what i enjoyed most about this "game" a piece of ****.

and what are the new tools going to provide? a chance for thor to talk about how great he is for making some new UI for PMs that only works in v6? more UC servers can fail but now with shiny new external windows? big ****ing deal

enough elaboration for you?
You and I both know Thor gave up on Graal weeks ago.. Your just *****ing because UDP and you obviously have no clue what your talking about. You said higher subscription prices.. that myth is busted.. you said no updates.. thats busted.. stop being an ass and grow up dude
Old 12-28-2012, 10:25 PM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
You and I both know Thor gave up on Graal weeks ago.. Your just *****ing because UDP and you obviously have no clue what your talking about. You said higher subscription prices.. that myth is busted.. you said no updates.. thats busted.. stop being an ass and grow up dude
If you stop being naive, you'll understand. None of these new "features" bring a better experience for you as a player, really.

Tell me how these new features has brought you more pleasure to play PC graal!
Old 12-28-2012, 10:43 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
The amount of new capabilities in V6 which I'm looking forward to implement once V5 is disabled can comfortably be counted on one hand.
That said, if I understood correctly any future client improvement can be implemented much quicker now, as there'd be less fiddling for each different platform involved.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:40 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gos_pira View Post
If you stop being naive, you'll understand. None of these new "features" bring a better experience for you as a player, really.

Tell me how these new features has brought you more pleasure to play PC graal!
Dude, are you serious? I will just give you an example or 2 because it's impossible to list the hundreds of examples in just 1 thread..

You know back in the day when we had GS1 only.. and a player logged off the server there was no player log off function. so for example on GK if you logged off and you had items on the trade tables.. you pretty much lost all your hard work. Back when an RoW would net you $50 USD selling outside of graal. And it was rather easy to crash someones client to steal there items.. I lost a few items because of javascript in pm's.. and not just that .. by trying to accomplish something that wasn't possible untill then back many years ago on N-Pulse it caused everyone on the server to delay by about 30 seconds. You would hit the arrow key your player moved 1 tile every 30 seconds..

By moving everything to scripted instead of hard coded they can now apply updates to all platforms at once.

You don't seem to understand that helping us developers... helps you guys in the end.

You call me naive but you need to take a look at the mirror buddy.

http://wiki.graal.net/index.php/Crea...ses/Client/6.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
The amount of new capabilities in V6 which I'm looking forward to implement once V5 is disabled can comfortably be counted on one hand.
That said, if I understood correctly any future client improvement can be implemented much quicker now, as there'd be less fiddling for each different platform involved.
Yes, that is correct. If they make everything scripted rather then hard coded it provides a universal experience across mac, windows and linux platforms (and iOS and soon android)
Old 12-29-2012, 02:18 AM
dbug will become famous soon enough
man i wish we had the scripting features we do now back then when when it was p2p once and u dont pay more.. coulda had some cool stuff