Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-23-2014, 05:05 AM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
I like Godzilla's Flak cannon idea.

Also, SOMEONE FIX P4s and Proxi mines next to doors. It's lame -_-.
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11
Old 01-23-2014, 07:24 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
I think the recoil damage on the flak might be a little crazy, though Godzilla's idea of it overheating, I do like.
(not to say that it should have unlimited ammo like the crizen.)

Or you could always nerf the actual stats of it.
Less damage
Slower rate of fire
A lot less spread
Shorter range
Make it not shoot over walls (In the Unreal Tournament games, it's essentially a shotgun, albeit a shotgun that has bullets that ricochet and can launch a flak grenade.)
etc.

(Even nerfing ALL of those aspects of it, it would still be better than the SD cannon. All I'm saying :P)
Old 01-24-2014, 03:40 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberwyre_P2P View Post
I think the recoil damage on the flak might be a little crazy, though Godzilla's idea of it overheating, I do like.
(not to say that it should have unlimited ammo like the crizen.)

Or you could always nerf the actual stats of it.
Less damage
Slower rate of fire
A lot less spread
Shorter range
Make it not shoot over walls (In the Unreal Tournament games, it's essentially a shotgun, albeit a shotgun that has bullets that ricochet and can launch a flak grenade.)
etc.

(Even nerfing ALL of those aspects of it, it would still be better than the SD cannon. All I'm saying :P)
I think the Staff Team need to start looking past the whole "Oh this item is good lets nerf it and make it ****", I think they need to start looking at "Oh this item is good lets compensate for that".

e.g Crizen overload being added to Flak

I still have always thought that you should be able to reload and dodge at the same time but reloading doesn't take .5 seconds now it takes 3 seconds.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:12 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
I just don't see why we can't have all the guns + weapons balanced.. Then after that, they stay balanced and un-altered. Unless you guys wanna buff the bamboo
Old 01-24-2014, 04:33 AM
ilovegirlzz can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Why not make the Flak Cannon like the Crizen? If you spam it, it overheats and stops working/causes pain to the player?
the recoil damage is stupid, if thats the case snipers and osiris mini should have recoil dmg.

overheating should apply to crizen, flak, sd, and osiris mini.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:27 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
I just don't see why we can't have all the guns + weapons balanced.. Then after that, they stay balanced and un-altered. Unless you guys wanna buff the bamboo
because stuff is released or added or changed everytime there's new staff. ;( You should know this!
Old 01-24-2014, 05:49 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
If I had to try and isolate the time/reason that gun balance got out of hand, it'd be around the same time that movement speed was increased.

Movement speed used to be considerably slower, to the point where you couldn't really run in front of a bullet for very long before it caught up to you.
Then Jenn made the gym, and added speed levels, and you had players who could move and dodge much more easily than others.
People like Meph, Diaz, FalkonJenova, etc could literally run circles around people and almost never get hit, and they melee'd people to death while doing it!
So while there were "fast players" and "slow players" the trend was that freeze on guns was decreased and the firing rate was increased.
At some point speed levels were removed, but people were already acclimated to the higher speed so the default speed was set higher (I think it was increased to Lv3 speed level by default?).
Once everybody became a "fast player" this had a twofold effect because the default walking speed increase kind of dulled the effects of freeze on its own, and having players moving in between shots that they otherwise wouldn't have been able to move in between let them basically emulate a faster firing rate (walling), and now they all had guns with less freeze and faster firing rates than before as well.

There were always lame guns (sg5552?), but the majority of the rest of the guns were balanced around 0.2 or 0.15 freeze and timeout, whereas now anything except 0.05 seems to be unacceptable.

We can't bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
Old 01-25-2014, 01:00 AM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
Either way, I'm with Tim. If the Flak's stats hadn't changed after I re-balanced items, this wouldn't be an issue. I have the stats it is supposed to be on-hand, if anyone wants to change it back.
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11
Old 01-25-2014, 01:34 AM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
pretty much the only people on era that can mess with the gun stats right now are ice and zao i think. i am still waiting for them to release all the weapons.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:17 PM
ice_is_nice4 is on a distinguished road
I also like the idea of adding cooldowns to Flak, SD, and Minigun. Now if only we could log onto the server...
Old 02-02-2014, 03:56 AM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_is_nice4 View Post
I also like the idea of adding cooldowns to Flak, SD, and Minigun. Now if only we could log onto the server...
Basically just making those items useless then, considering you can't even use them in events or nothing.

Why add a cool downs when you could just put the previous stats on them and it's all good.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:30 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
just put the previous stats on them and it's all good.
This.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:40 PM
ilovegirlzz can only hope to improve
Koho have you ever played chess?
When you move a piece you don't move it back because that would mean you wasted a turn moving that piece in the first place.

That's what you're suggesting right now. Era has gon too far to just go back to how things used to be. You have to get out of this mindset or else Era can't move evolve.

no pokeman cards though
Old 02-02-2014, 09:04 PM
stuck in the enemy zone
-HateD- will become famous soon enough
You get into an accident and pop 2 tires yet decide not to fix them because you've come so far since those tires were intact. Don't turn back man
Old 02-03-2014, 12:21 AM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegirlzz View Post
Koho have you ever played chess?
When you move a piece you don't move it back because that would mean you wasted a turn moving that piece in the first place.

That's what you're suggesting right now. Era has gon too far to just go back to how things used to be. You have to get out of this mindset or else Era can't move evolve.

no pokeman cards though

Hi, whatever your name is. Have you ever played chess when you make that move and wish you could of moved it back because it was the wrong move but you can't? Luckily for us though we can make that move back.