Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Delteria Main Forum > Delteria Bugs and suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Beta Testers

A Few others and I have been working on Delteria very hard lately. Were going to be adding 2-3 Beta testers to start criticizing the server. Beta Testers will be adding in about a week or so. We just need to add some finishing touches and fix the Quest log.
If your really interested in viewing a great server to be, Post here why you would like to be a beta tester for delteria.
P.S
Any Thread thats off top will be deleted right away.
And Yes we are still looking for dev staff, but this information will come later.
If you don't want to wait send me a forum PM.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 04-07-2011, 07:27 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
pc or ipod/facebook?
Old 04-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
pc or ipod/facebook?
I'm honestly aiming for the facebook and Ipod/Iphone platforms, I have a good feeling it will be worth our while. Maybe later on we will add a "Lite" version of delteria for PC users.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 04-08-2011, 06:57 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
pc or ipod/facebook?
you forgot android
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 04-08-2011, 08:21 PM
wat
Alex-Stravier is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alex-Stravier
Beta testers aren't going to be required for a long while. There is not enough coded content -- there are only levels and empty shells of systems that haven't even been started. What we want for the server right now are coders who would like to spend some of their free time helping code systems.

All that has come out of the new Delteria project in all of its years are levels and very miniscule amounts of code.

At any rate I am pretty sure Sandz expressed a dislike in the iPhone/facebook/whatever else server, but I guess we'll have to wait for him to come back and clarify that. I'd really prefer we don't resort to a mobile server. I know I was originally pretty keen on the idea, but the lack of control over our own server is a pretty big turn-off.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:27 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
What kind of systems?
Old 04-08-2011, 08:48 PM
wat
Based only on what I know:

- Absolutely everything needs an overhaul. Some code is old, some is just inefficient and bad. Some systems conflict with each other, including multiple health systems (which also needs to be redone).
- A leveling/stats system. This requires input from multiple people on how quickly we think players should be able to level.
- A party system. MD created one, but I'm not sure if he ever finished it, and it was kind of buggy.
- A dynamic shopping/economy system: players would be able to set up their own shops to sell items they no longer want, shops could get restocked, possibly with even completely new items, from time to time.
- Card game system based on Triple Triad from Final Fantasy VIII, but it mostly has notable Delteria figures (and will eventually be expanded to include monsters, and possibly other players). Players would be able to purchase booster packs of cards that are randomized, as well as play each other. Possibility of "safe" matches where you don't lose cards at the end if you lose, maybe... but at that points, there's less incentive to play, so that's still to-be-decided. This has been in development for years and there have been card sprites around since 2006, so there's a decent chunk of stuff to work with there already.
- Quests. There are levels completed for some quests, but there's nothing else there. Maps would be nice, but I'm sure a talented graphics artist could do those. MD had a pretty good idea of having a player log for quests, but those also included the typical MMO-fayre-type quests: fetch quests, kill x of y to get z, etc.
- Jobs. Cloven had a great idea for the fishing job, which involved a minigame of pressing the right keys in the right order to reel in a fish, with the difficulty based on the size of the fish or the player's expertise in the job. We also have mineshafts and minecarts for mining, though I'm uncertain if any other plans for the mining job ever surfaced.
- A spar system. Classical Graal (obviously) and "new Delteria", with weapons and whatever else!
- A baddy/monster system is in place, but not complete.
- A weapons system. This is also in place but incomplete.
- A system of transportation, to get to different cities on the island.

And I know there's even more that I'm forgetting here, but it's still a lot of stuff.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:51 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
I'm honestly aiming for the facebook and Ipod/Iphone platforms, I have a good feeling it will be worth our while. Maybe later on we will add a "Lite" version of delteria for PC users.
Excuse me?
Old 04-08-2011, 09:25 PM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
Bad aim
Old 04-08-2011, 10:26 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-Stravier View Post
- Card game system based on Triple Triad from Final Fantasy VIII, but it mostly has notable Delteria figures (and will eventually be expanded to include monsters, and possibly other players). Players would be able to purchase booster packs of cards that are randomized, as well as play each other. Possibility of "safe" matches where you don't lose cards at the end if you lose, maybe... but at that points, there's less incentive to play, so that's still to-be-decided. This has been in development for years and there have been card sprites around since 2006, so there's a decent chunk of stuff to work with there already.
I know it's based on Final Fantasy, but....

Old 04-08-2011, 10:47 PM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
Classic rules suck!
Old 04-08-2011, 10:54 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Obviously there are some differences between the original Triple Triad and Classic's version, but if it came to multiple servers trying to sell booster packs for something so similar their respective values could likely become diluted.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:19 AM
wat
Who cares if multiple servers have a similar card game?

Not to be a massive jerk or anything but we've still had prototypes in the works for... well, too long. Besides, the card game wouldn't have exactly the same characters, at any rate. We have a whole ton of Delterians in our card game, and our cards look signicantly different from yours. It's really cool that you have one functional. But that shouldn't necessarily forbid other servers from having it, should it? At least, I don't think so.

Remember when N-Pulse stole Delteria's "Charge!" event? Probably not. But we stopped caring after a while because actually caring about something like that is silly. It's a game. Which brings me to my next point:

Sharing ideas between servers is a good idea. I hate how separated every server is from each other; why do we do that? It's silly how everyone can get at each others' necks over an online video game that we play in our free time. It would be different if it was actual blatant thievery in the way that it's an EXACT copy, but very few things on Graal are like that, really.

Needless to say, I still want a Triple Triad game on new Delteria and it is going to happen if someone actually wants to code it.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:54 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Based on that list, I would consider rethinking the direction the server is headed in and instead aim for something more achievable and realistic.

It's basically sounding like N-Pulse Rebirth all over again.

Also, while I see no problem with sharing ideas, I would consider the fact that re-inventing the wheel (well wheels that already exist on Graal) is not very attractive to the experienced developer crowd.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:31 AM
Mr. Blu
Shards-Of-Fate will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via MSN to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via Yahoo to Shards-Of-Fate
But its so ****ing pretty. fffff----

Weee!~