Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 08:26 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
but obs mode does have its plus side:
if someones hacking, you can watch them hack.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:35 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
but obs mode does have its plus side:
if someones hacking, you can watch them hack.
What does this matter? There are few hackers compared to trials who could potentially be members.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:49 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
..its fun
Old 06-09-2008, 09:35 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
At least in ghost mode you could walk around... observer mode just kind of sticks you there. It especially sucks if you're locked into observer mode in some secluded area.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:37 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
At least in ghost mode you could walk around... observer mode just kind of sticks you there. It especially sucks if you're locked into observer mode in some secluded area.
I prefer that. I don't want people watching me talk to some staff when I don't want them to.

On Utopia, I've made a level that you get warped into when you go on observer mode.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:41 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Ghost mode showed when there were ghosts in the level, so you could watch what you talked about. But really, it's retarded... observer mode just doesn't let you observe anything... ghost mode let you look around and stuff. Not that I'm saying either are good, they're both retarded.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:48 PM
a/s/l
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Ghost mode showed when there were ghosts in the level, so you could watch what you talked about. But really, it's retarded... observer mode just doesn't let you observe anything... ghost mode let you look around and stuff. Not that I'm saying either are good, they're both retarded.
if its called "observer mode" then it obviously lets you observe .
Old 06-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Yays... observing an empty room!
Old 06-09-2008, 09:50 PM
a/s/l
youre still observing !
but i do agree with you
Old 06-21-2008, 05:40 AM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
personally i really wont buy a subcription to a game that i dont know enough or dont know what i can get exactly if i buy it. this is why i doubt alot i'll buy a pleyerworlds subscription...each time i go to Era i find sombody nice to help me out like...getting guns or idk... and suddenly i get observermode and the person that was helping me gets mad and leaves (-.-) preety annoying, thats why i havent got many friends on those servers... by the other hand, there is no observer mode on zone, thats why i have fun playing and i even bought a subscription! i even became Staff!!

i know there needs to be something pushing pleyers to buy the subscription but the observer mode can be quite annoying and unpleasant to new pleyers...i dont even want to think about their reactions xD.

though i agree that GK or another server should have some big cool updates and be SO POPULAR that viral marketing get many more graal pleyers.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:34 AM
Chang
DesolateRestriction will become famous soon enough
What was the reason stated for implementing observer mode in the first place? I don't understand how it could benefit anyone. Honestly, who IS benefited from this? Players are not, staff/scripters are not, playerworld managers are not, hell not even stefan or unixmad benefit. So really, who is this helping again?

If the number of new players are low, then you broaden their gameplay options, not hinder it with even more annoying limitations.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:51 AM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
Well, it lets them play right away from the client, instead of registering an account just to play as a trial/observer..
Old 07-08-2008, 03:41 AM
One Globals Love To Hate
kodster200 is an unknown quantity at this point
if u want them to like upgrade why not make it so like you get idk 3 weeks of p2p when u first make a new account and after the account runs out if you wanan keep playin then you have to pay w.e ammount it costs? idk just a suggestion lol
Old 07-08-2008, 10:32 AM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodster200 View Post
if u want them to like upgrade why not make it so like you get idk 3 weeks of p2p when u first make a new account and after the account runs out if you wanan keep playin then you have to pay w.e ammount it costs? idk just a suggestion lol
It would be abused.

I'd rather see certain days available for players to play for free on like it used to be. Plus maybe having an online time limit. 25-30 hours or so for Gold worlds. It would allow the players to get hooked even more rather than randomly being booted into observer mode.

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 07-18-2008, 10:09 PM
Smelly Phoenix
Lord_Conorr is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Lord_Conorr Send a message via MSN to Lord_Conorr Send a message via Yahoo to Lord_Conorr
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post

I'd rather see certain days available for players to play for free on like it used to be...

Exactly, although the old trial (play as long as you want, but you dont save) was much better than this observer crap. Playing for 5 minutes and then going into observer mode, then repeating over and over again doesn't make someone want to buy it as much as it just pisses the player off and angers them to the point where they don't play anymore.