Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2008, 05:25 AM
Inactive Graal Player
grawlgamer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to grawlgamer Send a message via MSN to grawlgamer
Is there anything for players to do yet? I am looking forward to playing.

Being female must be an issue for you every month though, right?
Old 07-06-2008, 10:53 AM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by grawlgamer View Post
By the looks of it, it'll take quite some time before it can be considered playable for longer than a minute or two.

Combat might become more interesting as stuff is added though.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by grawlgamer View Post
We're going with the approach not to release much of anything until we get this town 100% finished (or close to it), which will take some time - one third of it have been tiled so far, and insides need to be made, as well as detailing it with NPC's and various effects. My ambition is to make the town really alive, with NPCs that have daily routines - the only bad thing about it is that each NPC have to be custom built like hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakilorP2P View Post
Combat might become more interesting as stuff is added though.
Indeed. Combat system is the one system that will be opened for players all the time, and both PvE and PvP combat is enabled for players. There's two bugs that I'll fix today:
  • Not removing objects from the attack queue if they die after they've submit their next move.
  • Not auto changing target to another one if current target dies after an attack have been made.

But yeah, the combat system will receive a lot of updates for a while, skills etc. will be implemented really soon.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 07-10-2008, 02:31 AM
Sup
Mafukie will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Mafukie Send a message via AIM to Mafukie
I got killed by the level one baddy in the combat test by a large margin. But its cool to see a turn base system in Graal. Keep it up!
Old 07-15-2008, 02:01 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Well, Deek is back with us again, and have completed the scenery he started on long ago. I'll attach it for everyone to see, it'll be implemented in-game as soon as I can resubscribe again (duh -.-), or I'll have Segfault to do it.

We're not really hiring anything special at the moment, but good Level Designer/Graphic Artist applications will always be considered. We have one third of the main town finished, to an extent.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ml_battlesceneoutside.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	452.6 KB
ID:	45188  

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 07-15-2008, 02:35 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Wow that is sexy. Something I'd never expect to see on Graal.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:47 PM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Well, Deek is back with us again, and have completed the scenery he started on long ago. I'll attach it for everyone to see, it'll be implemented in-game as soon as I can resubscribe again (duh -.-), or I'll have Segfault to do it.

We're not really hiring anything special at the moment, but good Level Designer/Graphic Artist applications will always be considered. We have one third of the main town finished, to an extent.
....that's truly awesome. That person should make my tileset...+ everything
Old 07-15-2008, 09:35 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
That's good but I don't like the clouds at all, or the grass in the background.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:38 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I liked it better when it was a WIP It looked better with blades of grass sticking up every so often. Now it just looks really busy.

Still awesome regardless.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:18 AM
Master of Puppets
This might be pushing my luck a bit, since I know maybe 1 of you will do it, but...

In all honestly, we need suggestions for new things. It'd help if nothing else. What would you want to do on a server that's not focus on PvE, nor PvP, but exploring, questing and roleplaying? Sure, PvE and PvP elements WILL be there, but I'm not sure it's the main path I want to take with this project. I want to create a world that gradually changes itself based upon players decisions, and I'll be damned if I can't achieve that goal.

Anyways... most of our staff doesn't read these forums frequently, if at all. So what I'd like to ask, is for you to spare a moment and either use the Feedback function in-game (it auto posts what you submit on our forums) or visit our forums yourself and make a thread.

http://mythiclegends.hostinux.com/forums/

Your login name will be your account name, and your forum password will be randomized - PM the (npcserver) "resend forum info" when you've logged on player.

As I said, I'm probably pushing my luck here, but at least I've asked.

Old 07-16-2008, 07:51 AM
That guy with a beard
PrinceOfKenshin has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
This might be pushing my luck a bit, since I know maybe 1 of you will do it, but...

In all honestly, we need suggestions for new things. It'd help if nothing else. What would you want to do on a server that's not focus on PvE, nor PvP, but exploring, questing and roleplaying? Sure, PvE and PvP elements WILL be there, but I'm not sure it's the main path I want to take with this project. I want to create a world that gradually changes itself based upon players decisions, and I'll be damned if I can't achieve that goal.

Anyways... most of our staff doesn't read these forums frequently, if at all. So what I'd like to ask, is for you to spare a moment and either use the Feedback function in-game (it auto posts what you submit on our forums) or visit our forums yourself and make a thread.

http://mythiclegends.hostinux.com/forums/

Your login name will be your account name, and your forum password will be randomized - PM the (npcserver) "resend forum info" when you've logged on player.

As I said, I'm probably pushing my luck here, but at least I've asked.

Aw love you know i have been checking it

Quote:
Game Master (Server): Greetings PrinceOfKenshin, there are new posts on the forums that demand your urgent attention! God speed, the fate of the world is in your hands. If you fail, middle earth will forever be in the darkness and your children will be enslaved by McKain.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:52 PM
Master of Puppets
Ah well, I knew no one would do it.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:29 AM
Collige, virgo, rosas
RosesLove will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafukie View Post
I got killed by the level one baddy in the combat test
You too?

I love your ideas for this server, I just don't really know about a Final Fantasy style battle system. UN has or had one and it didn't get much appreciation after a week of it's release. I got to around level 6, then quit.

Also, It seems like it would interfere with player interaction since you go into a different screen while you're leveling. I'm personally not a big fan of those kind of games becoming mmos. But keep up the good work.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:47 PM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosesLove View Post
You too?
All baddies have their stats and looks randomized upon combat, so it's possible you've encountered ones with high strength (damage) and constitution (health). Just try again, and hope for a weak one!

Quote:
I love your ideas for this server, I just don't really know about a Final Fantasy style battle system. UN has or had one and it didn't get much appreciation after a week of it's release. I got to around level 6, then quit.
UN hardly revolve the whole server around a fantasy theme though. We do.

Quote:
Also, It seems like it would interfere with player interaction since you go into a different screen while you're leveling.
I've been wondering about that one myself, and have come to the conclusion that spawning a non-blocking NPC at the spot the player was before the combat, with the same looks and a name like "MyName (In Combat)" that will either despawn if the player in question logs off, or leaves combat might be the best idea.

Old 07-20-2008, 03:02 PM
Collige, virgo, rosas
RosesLove will become famous soon enough
Quote:
All baddies have their stats and looks randomized upon combat, so it's possible you've encountered ones with high strength (damage) and constitution (health). Just try again, and hope for a weak one!
LOL, UH. I didn't put any points at all into strength and only a few into constitution, maybe that's why. I wanted to make a mage character, not a warrior. But it was probably a better idea to go for warrior since the server isn't complete. I just wasn't thinking about that at the time.

Quote:
UN hardly revolve the whole server around a fantasy theme though. We do.
True, but do you think that if they made a dungeon like Zodiacs, it wouldn't get used? It probably would have, but the pvp system is with graal's swords and not custom weapons, so that's more than likely why they went for that type of battle system instead.

Quote:
I've been wondering about that one myself, and have come to the conclusion that spawning a non-blocking NPC at the spot the player was before the combat, with the same looks and a name like "MyName (In Combat)" that will either despawn if the player in question logs off, or leaves combat might be the best idea.
Sounds like a good idea.

Tags
fantasy, fidel castro, final fantasy, legends, mythic, mythic legends, project, rpg, turn based