Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
A better management.
Sorry, you have done a bad job in the last 4-5 years, stefan and unixmad.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:44 PM
not doing alot
Liberated has a spectacular aura about
to unkown soldier
i doubt that would improve graal,
and i agree with all of the points, i especially like the weekends free feature, once people get hooked up they will want to play more often then just weekends.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:50 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
It would very much.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:33 PM
SomeOne
MiniOne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MiniOne
Lol.
I agree the management at times has been poor, and most of the choices made were a step in the wrong direction but yet they don't learn from their mistakes but rather repeat them.

Stefan and Unimax if you two wish to see a growth in profits then I advise following those points though you've rejected them before. Advertising and lowing the price of gold would be the best points to start at, this way you draw in players at a reasonable price.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:47 AM
Chang
DesolateRestriction will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
A good one to put up there is unbanning me.
Just so everyone knows. This kid deleted our server's entire GP records, and wiped several players' comments and then proceeded to taunt us in such said comments. We immediately banned him from N-Pulse completely.
He then proceeded to harass staff about getting unbanned and even lied to PWA in an attempt to be unbanned. Proceed with caution if you ever hire this individual.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:09 AM
not doing alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesolateRestriction View Post
Just so everyone knows. This kid deleted our server's entire GP records, and wiped several players' comments and then proceeded to taunt us in such said comments. We immediately banned him from N-Pulse completely.
He then proceeded to harass staff about getting unbanned and even lied to PWA in an attempt to be unbanned. Proceed with caution if you ever hire this individual.
wow... thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:33 AM
SomeOne
Unknownsolder has quite the reputation.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:14 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Uhm, he has that wrong I did delete those things however I did not harass staff or lie to tig. Honestly that's why Kay unbanned me because I was not harassing them.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:10 PM
not doing alot
that doesnt make any sense, you shouldn't unban somene because he doesn't harrass you, you should only ban him more when he does harrass you.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:48 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberated View Post
that doesnt make any sense, you shouldn't unban somene because he doesn't harrass you, you should only ban him more when he does harrass you.
He was unbanned for about 5 min due to a misunderstanding (I think that was the case), and is now perma banned, for the record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
I pretty much agree with everything you listed in the original post. I also hope that you're aware of that Stefan most likely won't come across this thread, unless you forum PM him the url and ask him to look into it.
Yay, back on topic. Anyway, hopefully one of the PWAs find at least some of this information legit and not like many of the other threads like this, which consist of just complaining.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:31 AM
Trapped in the navel.
sweetbruz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to sweetbruz
These are good and solid practical ideas, and I'm so glad to see someone emphasizing the community's responsibility in the life of Graal. I've been playing on and off since 2002, and in my humble opinion all along a major overarching problem has been the disparity between the developers (I mean Cyberjoueurs) and the community. The community most of the time complains because it feels disempowered, and the developers don't seem to acknowledge this.

This problem is only half out of our hands, though. The community can empower itself by using some of the methods outlined here. We, the Graal community need to take responsibility for our own experience, as far as possible.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:58 AM
SomeOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbruz View Post
These are good and solid practical ideas, and I'm so glad to see someone emphasizing the community's responsibility in the life of Graal. I've been playing on and off since 2002, and in my humble opinion all along a major overarching problem has been the disparity between the developers (I mean Cyberjoueurs) and the community. The community most of the time complains because it feels disempowered, and the developers don't seem to acknowledge this.

This problem is only half out of our hands, though. The community can empower itself by using some of the methods outlined here. We, the Graal community need to take responsibility for our own experience, as far as possible.
The community meaning us has many ways of helping with the growth of graal, since we can advertise for them through sites. We can also spread it through word. Though many believe this is a 'admins' job, it can be either but speaking from another perspective it's more a responsibility of the communities since admins are busy through producing the game to a higher standard and probably don't have time to advertise, therefore making it our responsibility as part of the community to help.

As well as creating a new website theme and helping develop on servers in need of a job.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:47 AM
Trapped in the navel.
I especially like the idea of establishing an official community for Graal developers, and the idea of some kind of support or reward for being an active developer. Since Graal developers are volunteering their time and effort, and find no reward except the satisfaction of creation, they may end up feeling their efforts are useless, and give up.

Infact, don't Graal developers need to pay extra in the form of hiring servers to contribute more? This is a bit backwards.

Beyond just establishing a developers community, maybe the Graal community as a whole needs more unification. I suggest: celebrations.

Celebration is a powerful thing. It exalts the present moment by imbuing it with significance from enthusiasm, but the reason for celebration may be as obscure as you like, or why even bother with reason? Though we have a reason, it is to celebrate the fact we all play Graal, and enjoy it!

So, I propose Graal day, perhaps annually, on the anniversary of it's release? Or, on the 5th of every month, everyone should log on and party. It doesn't matter what you do, we all know exactly how we like to celebrate. Get drunk and log on, play music loudly, invite friends and their computers over, whatever. Just to create a spirit of celebration.

Not to hijack your thread, but if enough people seem into this I might make a topic for it of it's own, and we might advertise on Graal and wherever else Graalians hide?
Old 03-16-2009, 11:12 AM
SomeOne
Graal developers are either paying for their own server to develop for the game, which brings them money, or developing for a server which brings in money.
I find that extremely dumb, I expect if I buy a server and it earns them a profit then I deserve a reward of some sort.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:57 AM
Trapped in the navel.
Exactly, and this is a prime example of the disparity between Cyberjoueurs and the Graal community. I haven't heard anything from any developers themselves, but I'm supposing that they must feel used for having to pay to develop content that someone else will profit from?