Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2015, 06:21 AM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
The online editor is virtually the same, it's pretty awesome in my opinion.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 02-04-2015, 12:45 AM
Snoopy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
i use it when i need something done quick, but it's much easier to save with GraalEditor.

i deleted the FILENAMECACHE and it opens now. i forgot that needs to be cleared out once in a while.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:29 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Online level editors (at least pix's) doesn't work proper for me. I, as well as others, have this problem where when you place tiles and highlight stuff where your mouse is pointing is not where the tile will end up. As a matter of fact it kinda shows you the tile offset quite a bit from where the mouse is. Until this is working 100% for everyone those of us still experiencing the problem, and on mac, are pretty much SOL on editing levels. We have to rely on editing it as a text file (.nw format only).
Old 02-05-2015, 09:42 AM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
I only experienced that issue with gmaps.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 02-12-2015, 08:07 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
I prefer to make my levels to music, in solitude. I don't understand the need for an online editor really at all.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:57 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
I don't understand the need for an online editor really at all.
I agree, besides theres no decent level editor around / possible to make which works fluently. And live editing is just... meh
Old 02-12-2015, 09:29 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
The only thing I use Graaleditor for anymore is terrain maps. For everything else I usually use online editors.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:21 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I only experienced that issue with gmaps.
Come to think of it I don't recall testing it on levels that were not on a gmap. That could be the issue. Still quite annoying if you ask me.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:20 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
Come to think of it I don't recall testing it on levels that were not on a gmap. That could be the issue. Still quite annoying if you ask me.
I have only seen the bug you're talking about happening on terrain maps. And that's because there is nothing in Pix's editor for dealing with z coordinates. Really hoping someone updates it with a fix for that, but I'm not holding my breath.

On a flat gmap, Pix's editor should work just fine if you have everything installed correctly. The fact that you can't create warp fields and signs with it, though, leaves something to be desired.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:36 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
I have only seen the bug you're talking about happening on terrain maps. And that's because there is nothing in Pix's editor for dealing with z coordinates. Really hoping someone updates it with a fix for that, but I'm not holding my breath.

On a flat gmap, Pix's editor should work just fine if you have everything installed correctly. The fact that you can't create warp fields and signs with it, though, leaves something to be desired.
I haven't tested it on terrain maps. The bug can also be experienced on classic style servers. Tho I think also someone else it was working for and me it was not on the same server so I'm wondering if OS plays a role in it.