Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-23-2014, 11:41 AM
geneticfrog can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to geneticfrog Send a message via MSN to geneticfrog
if you reset era....

wouldn''t be so bad if you reset just guns and money let people keep everything else.

mostly after a "duping" indecent or something related to trading abuse?

even if you guys banned him, if you didn't track down every one of his trades then there is still a bunch of illegal money and or guns on the server.

if i was him ide even get friends to store money and or buying off a person items for super expensive to give them extra to store.

either by dropping, selling via mall, leaving items an a expired storage container and what ever way its possible to transfer items/money to possibly not get found.
Old 12-23-2014, 12:36 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
good thing they unbanned you huh
Old 12-23-2014, 01:04 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
The reason why that's not going to happen is because the goal of a reset is to put every player on equal footing. You'd instantly have an advantage over every other player.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:59 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Era has reset so many times and it has never fixed "the economy", so what's the point of doing it again? I know the resets are for more reasons (massive dupping, USDing staff GK style, etc) but people usually talk about equality as if it ever works.
Old 12-23-2014, 02:34 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Players are under the impression that everything will just fix itself if you pull the plug. You'll have to put some effort into everything, making it stable after you reset the players.
Old 12-23-2014, 02:39 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Which is exactly why there won't be a reset.
Old 12-23-2014, 02:48 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
Which is exactly why there won't be a reset.
nice nice
Old 12-23-2014, 03:54 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
We NEED moderators right now!!
Old 12-23-2014, 04:20 PM
geneticfrog can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to geneticfrog Send a message via MSN to geneticfrog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
The reason why that's not going to happen is because the goal of a reset is to put every player on equal footing. You'd instantly have an advantage over every other player.
I do not understand how making everyone equal as you just said gives me or others an advantage??? again i just said money and guns not HP or EC or instruments or hats or houses.

Might piss off a few uber regulars but at the same time you are making all the newbies happier (im always going to be supporting the newbies AKA future players) gotta love the fake petitions in town holding the signs AHAHAHA funny stuff.

I think everyone would get a gang gun first then work to make mone again at the businesses that have just been upgraded yesturday 2x more money.

anyway you just countered your own argument in the same sentence unless you are implying i have some kind of godly skill.
Old 12-23-2014, 05:15 PM
ooger will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by geneticfrog View Post
anyway you just countered your own argument in the same sentence unless you are implying i have some kind of godly skill.
Wrong as usual. Tim is pointing out that the game isn't all about guns, so resetting just guns and money wouldn't be an effective way to start an even playing field. For instance, some players really like instruments, so they'll work for money then buy instruments off of the players that didn't lose them. The player selling the instrument has an advantage over the other players trying to make money to buy guns therefore this reset would be utterly pointless. Yet another great idea from Tk v2.eh

There really isn't anything wrong with everyone having money. They keep releasing more and more stuff for you to spend money and time on I don't get why you always whine about there being 'free money' on the gmap when you probably don't even have a god tier gun yourself. Era isn't solely about being richer than everyone else it's about having fun and working towards what you want, whatever that might be. Church is obsessed with gang events, I have an obsession with hats, William is infatuated with skill, but we all have fun and achieve what we want. This is easier to do now for everyone, especially noobs.

You run around the gmap laming corners and talking smack then say that everyone takes the game too seriously when they ask you to back it up in a betspar or in pk again. I have historically been Era's biggest complainer and you're putting me to shame here man. Shut up and play the game unless you have good, plausible, or constructive ideas. If you don't like the game, nobody is forcing you to play (it's free now) so go pick up something else and stop being a thorn in our sides.
Old 12-23-2014, 05:46 PM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
era is like the only online game I know where a reset happens all the time. like whenever it reached a certain point, it was time to reset era just to reset era and start from the beginning all over again. it never solved anything. it's like some matrix type of stuff. it's ridiculous for it to keep happening.

so someone on era was caught duping last week or something like that and it's a good thing that it was caught, but every time era has been reset, someone has always found a new way to dupe and whatnot. people have always found a way to get super rich and whatnot. it's like gta v online. someone on gta v online always found a new money glitch, despite updates from R. they would fix the old glitch in the new update, but then someone would find a new way. anyways, the number of dupers on era have decreased a lot though, and staff have been better at finding cheaters.
Old 12-24-2014, 05:15 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Christmas event did much more damage to the server than the lastest duping incident did.
Old 12-24-2014, 07:07 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Right?....
Old 12-24-2014, 10:07 AM
xDarkTAx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by demisis_p2p View Post
christmas event did much more damage to the server than the lastest duping incident did.
+1

Reset everything or reset nothing. I'm in favor of a full reset myself but I would rather no reset over a just economic reset. That would fix nothing.
Old 12-26-2014, 03:14 AM
paintballdude956 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Christmas event did much more damage to the server than the lastest duping incident did.
This "incident" has done next to nothing to the economy. Not a single one of the prizes for Christmas is pawnable (except I think I put G36ks in the rare presents). So really, there's no change in the economy.
Any other perceived "damage" can easily be mitigated. Compare this to the absolute nightmare of tracking down millions of dollars of duped items, and it's absolutely ludicrous to even compare the two