Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should we complete the system?
Yes 11 35.48%
No 20 64.52%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-02-2013, 03:25 AM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Lightbulb GK Character Slots!

While updating code on GK we came across a "Character Slots" system which is incomplete. This system would allow every player to have 3 unique characters, with their own inventories, skills, and experience, etc.

Should we complete the system?

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 09-02-2013, 03:30 AM
Kingdoms Management
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torankusu View Post
Are gods separate between the characters?
Like I mentioned, unique characters.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Stefan logged on.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:49 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
For people who don't think 642 levels is enough, why not shoot for 1,926 levels? SKY'S THE LIMIT, GUYS!

That way you can really have fun with three statistically identical perfect characters that have different (or even identical) sets of gear!
Old 09-02-2013, 04:28 AM
Tenchry
Tenchry_P2P is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Tenchry_P2P Send a message via MSN to Tenchry_P2P
hasn't there only been like 3 people able to max their skills? I doubt they'd want to do it again 2 more times either.

what would be the point of making character slots, couldn't you just do something else with the time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude2020 View Post
Fail. Its because the forums are more fun than the actual game.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:38 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchry_P2P View Post
hasn't there only been like 3 people able to max their skills? I doubt they'd want to do it again 2 more times either.

what would be the point of making character slots, couldn't you just do something else with the time?
They could be an easily accessible Mule...
Old 09-02-2013, 04:50 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Voted No.

Why?:
The only 'benefit' I see it bringing is allowing access to store all your items since dual-logging doesn't work anymore. Because making houses and Kingdom Islands less useful is always a great primary goal for coding an entire system.

No, I agree with Draenin 110%. All the Classes on GK are exactly the same. All the statistics are exactly the same. Every player has access to exactly the same spells/recipes/skills/stats/items. [more than] Half of the skills are already non-functional or completely useless:
  • Personality+Agility = useless
  • Mental is only for inscription which is universal for all characters, and easily leveled in a matter of hours through Alchemy.
  • Magic only grants negative benefits past level 20 since it doesn't improve damage (higher mana costs)
  • Wisdom only needs to be high leveled for a couple of God's blessings, none of those even require max however

Why would anyone bother leveling them more than once?

The only foreseeable difference would be the ability to be a different God. Yet there are already dozens of players who give top-level blessings for fairly cheap or even free. And it is way easier to pay 2 tigs one time (who needs more than 1 weapon?) than level a un-equipped/non-skilled char to 88/96 Wisdom.

The entire concept is illogical, especially being a 'unfinished' system that requires attention.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:19 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Indeed, there's plenty of broken stuff that could be fixed in the meantime that would actually help improve the game, like fixing all the useless spells/skills

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 09-02-2013, 05:19 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
They could be an easily accessible Mule...
Would belittle houses.

Voted no. Reasons are similar to others. I believe there needs to be a lot 'less' experience; not more. And something to make us unique between our classes/roles. I've been a huge supporter of a reset after an experience overhaul, but that is a topic for another time. Touchy subject with a lot of people.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:43 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
Would belittle houses.

Voted no. Reasons are similar to others. I believe there needs to be a lot 'less' experience; not more.
Not sure how this makes sense? The problem is not that people have experience, it's that it's too easy to gain experience over a short period of time.

The only reason this is a problem is because our system is programmatically capped at 107 in a system which is sealed from development.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:50 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Not sure how this makes sense? The problem is not that people have experience, it's that it's too easy to gain experience over a short period of time.

The only reason this is a problem is because our system is programmatically capped at 107 in a system which is sealed from development.
Everybody levels the same skills and has the same spells to play the exact same way.

You're right about it being easy, but that's not really what I meant.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:44 AM
xXKajalXx will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to xXKajalXx Send a message via Yahoo to xXKajalXx
I voted no, because right now classes make no difference in their stats, items being worn, etc.

The reason for my vote against it, is that the class system would have to be redone before making this new "3 player - 1 account" system. Right now, I can play every class on my account by just wearing other gear and shortcut other things. No need for such a system until there is nothing class-specified on gk. and if I really want to play 2 different gods, I could also make 2 different accounts. If that is the argument behind this (different gods), then you can change my "no" into a "yes" but I brarely think that's a good argument.

This is just my opinion on this. Don't want to attack anyone here, so stay reasonable if you are about to respond to my comment lol.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:46 AM
Street Magus
SouFooOoO is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SouFooOoO
Pointless IMO. What defines each character type is their gear. Everything else is the same (aside from the gods/kingdoms). Why would anyone want to level up/stat up/learn spells on a new character, when they can easily just swap the gear? If they want to play a mage, they can just put on mage gear and vice versa. Should invest the time into something more useful for the game, finishing unfinished content, etc.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:43 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Voted no. Pointless when nothing sets your characters apart from each other aside from what gear you have.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 09-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Kingdoms Management
Good feedback.

Maybe we can redevelop the classes aswell. To make it worth using multiple character slots.

Thanks for the posts.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Stefan logged on.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:20 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
Good feedback.

Maybe we can redevelop the classes aswell. To make it worth using multiple character slots.

Thanks for the posts.
Classes would defiantly need to offer some incentives to choose them. Then yes this system would be really cool.