Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 10-03-2010, 12:48 AM
Headmaster of Hogwarts
MrDumbledore is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOmega View Post
Will the fonts be fixed in a later version or do I need to go through my server and fix them?
They won't be fixed.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:49 AM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDumbledore View Post
They won't be fixed.
How do you know? Source?

ALSO

The Client seems to freeze if I ever warp a player back to Login using ServerWarp();
Old 10-03-2010, 12:49 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Will the fonts be fixed in a later version or do I need to go through my server and fix them?
If I remember right, the fonts weren't working like they were supposed too to begin with, and v6 is fixing that.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-03-2010, 12:53 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
They are considered "fixed" now, because they now look the same on both the D3D and the OpenGL renderer.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:23 AM
Banned
12171217 has a spectacular aura about
1) Internal PM window option doesn't work.

2) When opening PM's, please center them to the screen, don't spawn them on the mouse. It's very annoying, since I usually open all my PM's at once, then click close as I find they don't apply to anything I care about.

3) Attach the playerlist window to the game window, in the sense that when the game window is in focus, the playerlist is also in focus, and there's only one taskbar icon for them, just like how the external playerlist was in V5.

Please address these, they're my biggest complaints, and the last one pisses me off to no end.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:44 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
I love how I can play the game smoothly now but the presentation is horrible.

-I've said this for year(s), the default blue gui is really, really ugly. Yes, I know you can add a custom one but the default is nasty

-Buddy list doesn't load on login like V5 had, it just loads when you join a server.

-"servertime" on the client taskbar at the bottom right says "servertim"

-On V5, when you opened a PM/GM/Mass bubble it would always open in the same location, now it opens in random locations which can get pretty annoying.

-PM/GM/Mass boxes and playerlist, ingame forums (UN) all open as new windows on your taskbar which is also annoying and makes everything look cluttered (may just me being picky, but I'm sure other people agree with me so an option to enable/disable would be nice)

I'll add more things to my list if I find anything else.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:27 AM
Headmaster of Hogwarts
MrDumbledore is on a distinguished road
Quote:
How do you know? Source?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The font size will not be decreased.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:35 AM
One More Time
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDumbledore View Post
No, I can decrese it with zoom, I'm mean that actual font name, it seems like tahoma to me, not sure. But Varia used Verdana a lot. I would like this option back, and next time to be credible put his actual post, not a quote, anyone can fake a quote. ;]
Old 10-03-2010, 03:41 AM
spydrct02 is on a distinguished road
I just tested v6, it's jumpy and laggy for me; I noticed it within 10 seconds of first trying it, if that says anything. Here's my experiences:

- CPU usage goes up a bit while holding any key (movement, slash, grab, any key), seems like double CPU usage? Number of keys held doesn't matter as long as it's at least 1...

- The whole client (not just my player) "skips" every second, seems like short CPU usage bursts because of unstable Graal.exe CPU usage in task manager. Didn't this happen in the opengl version of v5?

I'm on Windows XP and Intel speedstep was disabled to keep same CPU speed/clock

For fun I set my CPU speed to its minimum of 997mhz and compared v5 and v6 movement speeds and musical instrument playing on Era. V6 beta was slow movement and instruments unplayable, frame rate was 14ish. V5 was fine and frame rate was at the max 20. Both were in the same private level with nothing going on... eek.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:12 AM
One More Time
Ok, the biggest bug bothering me is the fact that the client sometimes freeze when I log onto another server, happens when I use serverwarp/warping via F8.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:42 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
-I've said this for year(s), the default blue gui is really, really ugly. Yes, I know you can add a custom one but the default is nasty
This forever
Old 10-03-2010, 09:37 AM
Retired
SlikRick is on a distinguished road
Ok I already stated this but I have to state it again since I have logged onto another server besides N-Pulse. On N-Pulse the lag was bad, but when I logged onto UN it got un-bearable. When I was on v5 I could navigate over any server without severe lag problems, but now that I am running v6 it is all I get. The new client uses up way more CPU usage then any other Graal Client to date. This is a HUGE downside to the new client and should be the highest priority to fix.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:03 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
This forever
Let's start a community project to create a new one, then? Because, you know, if they hire somebody, maybe we'd get something ****ty like the website.

Edit: On a different note, the performance is pretty good for me. Seems a lot better than v5. Players having problems with v6 should post all related system information. Only thing that pisses me off is the whole create-window-at-mouse-courser thing.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Retired
SlikRick is on a distinguished road
I run Windows XP Pro. It is not fair to the long standing Graal players to force them to upgrade to Windows Vista+ because of the fact not all of us cannot afford to upgrade our operating system, let alone computers. At the least v6 should be configured to run XP at the least because lets face it, Vista was poorly developed and is a bigger problem then its worth and 7 is too expensive for some people to afford.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
This may not be a bug, but I found out that emitters are not acting the same on V6 than in V5. For example, I've made myself turn into a fireball on Ruins when using boots, and when I was switching levels, the fireball was getting smaller and smaller, with shorter effects and particles.
In V6, it seems to act completely the opposite way, which means on a gmap, as I run through levels, the fireball keeps getting bigger and bigger.
Also, right after I switch levels, particles are "lagging", which means the little flames that are supposed to come directly out of the fireball appear on my screen about a second later.

Tags
graal v6, windows