Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
No, programmers usually have some plausible reason as to why they are being lazy.

There is just no argument here.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:48 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
No bad. How much bad would come from leaving it the way it is?
Time consuming, more hassle, obligation to check, less time to browse, etc etc, there are more.

Quote:
He just insulted you. Most programmers are lazy bums who are willing to leave things mediocre as long as it "works" rather than go the extra mile and make it functional and user friendly.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:49 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
No, programmers usually have some plausible reason as to why they are being lazy.

There is just no argument here.
No, their argument is usually, "So it's a few extra steps! So what!? It saves me going back into this mess and mucking around in it!".

Anyways, there's no developer working on the forums - these updates are just modules which they can easily install. What you're asking for probably can't just be patched on... they would have to code it in. How many of you actually expect Darlene to put away the oven mits, set the ringer to low, and start programming in the functionality for this?
Old 07-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Time consuming, more hassle, obligation to check, less time to browse, etc etc, there are more.
Laziness, in my opinion.

Quote:
He just insulted you.
I am aware of that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
How many of you actually expect Darlene to put away the oven mits, set the ringer to low, and start programming in the functionality for this?
How very sexist.
These are not even my forums to program. Unixmad is in charge of that.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 07-20-2008, 07:00 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Laziness, in my opinion.
It's not laziness. There is no reason to go through extra steps when it could be easily done. You probably agree with me, and you're just arguing for the sake of "being right". Yes, it's unnecessary, yes, it would make the forum more enjoyable, no, it's not laziness wanting it to be done.
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
No, their argument is usually, "So it's a few extra steps! So what!? It saves me going back into this mess and mucking around in it!".
Quote:
Most programmers are lazy bums who are willing to leave things mediocre as long as it "works"
Hey, common' guys. Cut some slack.

And in regards to this issue, this is a feature request.

Convenience is good. Look at Google, or Yahoo. They try to do everything they can for you, rather than send you somewhere else.

And if the reason you are not doing it is because you don't have the man power to, don't say the reason is "because it's fine the way it is". Say the reason is that you can't; doing so opens other venues, such as other people helping you.
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
How very sexist.
Heaven forfend.
Quote:
These are not even my forums to program. Unixmad is in charge of that.
I wasn't aware that you held any sort of education in programming.
Quote:
And if the reason you are not doing it is because you don't have the man power to, don't say the reason is "because it's fine the way it is". Say the reason is that you can't; doing so opens other venues, such as other people helping you.
I have already very clearly stated that they don't have the developer needed to create this sort of custom functionality.
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
He just insulted you. Most programmers are lazy bums who are willing to leave things mediocre as long as it "works" rather than go the extra mile and make it functional and user friendly.
You just insulted programmers.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:01 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
You just insulted programmers.
I try, I try
Old 07-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:

I wasnt saying it can or cannot be done. I am sure it can. I was just giving my opinion on the issue.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 07-20-2008, 07:11 PM
Banned
Quote:
I have already very clearly stated that they don't have the developer needed to create this sort of custom functionality.
Sorry, I was talking to Darlene.

Quote:
I wasnt saying it can or cannot be done. I am sure it can. I was just giving my opinion on the issue.
"You cant have everything you ask for."

The point is that your opinion wasn't one directly relating to this issue, after making generalizations like that. It was part of an ideology that simply wishes to leave things the way they are.

I believe that you shouldn't have that ideology simply because something is a hassle. You should instead open up your arms and make use of the resources out there to make the changes possible. Or "put on some elbow grease", to go on with the blatant sexist remarks here, and learn how to do it yourself.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:01 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
How very sexist.

yeah, you get used to it.

you also start flinching every time he walks by.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:25 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
I try, I try
You offend me
Old 07-20-2008, 08:38 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
You offend me
tbh, most programmers are lazy. Graphic artists are usually lazy or ***. Ganiers are usually immature.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:44 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
tbh, most programmers are lazy.
You caught me.

Tags
friendship, notification, pictures, social group, writing on your wall