Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-18-2015, 07:48 PM
dusk
Donark has a spectacular aura about
How has the swear filter not ever been addressed?

You shouldn't be able to turn swear filter off and then get jailed for it. If that's gonna happen then there shouldn't be any "turning it off"

Also, racist slurs like the n word should be filtered no matter what settings you have.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:45 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Game by kids ran by kids, you expect it to make sense?
Old 08-19-2015, 04:06 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
No words should ever be filtered.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:42 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donark View Post
You shouldn't be able to turn swear filter off and then get jailed for it. If that's gonna happen then there shouldn't be any "turning it off"

Also, racist slurs like the n word should be filtered no matter what settings you have.
You shouldn't be able to turn the swear filter off only for racial slurs to be filtered. :/
Old 08-19-2015, 11:41 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Just auto jail when people say specific words more than 5 times.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:21 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
If you're offended turn on the filter. The other issue is most players evade the filter. So it may be wise to update that first.
Old 08-21-2015, 03:10 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Cursing really shouldn't be a jailable offense if the person who was offended has the swear filter turned off. Off or on, really. It just shouldn't be a jailable offense.
Old 08-28-2015, 02:25 PM
dusk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberwyre_P2P View Post
Cursing really shouldn't be a jailable offense if the person who was offended has the swear filter turned off. Off or on, really. It just shouldn't be a jailable offense.
Exactly. And I was just banned for it. Stupid as ****, if you don't want people cursing then turn on your swear filter.
Old 08-28-2015, 04:16 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
Were you "Cursing" or throwing around racial slurs and harassing somebody?
Old 08-28-2015, 05:12 PM
Distorted has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to Distorted Send a message via AIM to Distorted
I remember I was in Era, and SensesFail jailed me for swearing back at him after he swore at me lol.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:06 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
Yeah, he was a bad staff member, had some racist and control issues. I can't stand him when I was staff. Constant racism at players and staff.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:45 PM
He never even got fired. He literally quit. He even told me once that he doesn't do anything and they don't fire him. Era has some corruption.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:21 PM
dusk
I got gagged for cursing then I was testing if i was still gagged and typed out the same curse word and I was ungagged before pressing enter.
Old 08-29-2015, 04:59 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
As much as I'd love to see one or two people disappear and never log on Era/Graal PC again, I don't think we can afford to go banning people anymore. I'd recommend going back to the system MysticalDragon implemented and just start taking away items from people. They're less likely to cuss and act like children again if you take a few figures from their bank account instead of banning them for a week.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:44 AM
I'm banned for life from Era because I asked to be banned, and they won't unban me now. I must add I was a tad bit drunk and was betflipping when I asked to be banned, go figure huh?
Closed Thread