Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 01:59 AM
WaDaFack is an unknown quantity at this point
Local Guilds > Global Guilds

If Stefan & unixmad wanted to make more money, shouldn't they totally disband local guilds?
They're asking classic servers to add to their gelat shop for money but at the same time, the most active server (Zodiac) has their own local guild system which makes Stefan & unixmad lose money.

I don't know about you, but I miss the o'l global guild system.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:04 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
How do global guilds create money?
And how do local guilds take away from that money?
Old 03-19-2012, 02:05 AM
WaDaFack is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
How do global guilds create money?
And how do local guilds take away from that money?
Classic players would purchase gold to create guilds. Just like classic players used to buy VIP to make them a while back. Or, like Stefan said . . maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to make it cost a few gelats to make a guild.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:13 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Are you referring to the same global guild system that is barely moderated and terribly inconvenient for players?

To create a guild you only need an active gold subscription so it pretty much costs that one month of gold to create a guild already, very few are buying gold to create a guild though.

Global guilds would be more popular if they could be created and managed in-game. Most players who have a gold subscription probably don't even know they can create a global guild either.

Local guild functionality has evolved while global guilds are still using the same system they were 10 years ago.

They should update the system not force everyone into the dark ages.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:21 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
I didn't think Gold was a requirement anymore. But it's been so long since I've looked at Global Guilds that I wouldn't have a clue.

Doesn't Zodiac have a scroll that lets you use your global guild on the server? Or does that just import your Global Guild into their local guild system?

On Era gangs are used to drive competition on the server (supposedly). Which means players are limited to only representing one guild at a time, which I don't think is possible with the Global Guild system.

The other benefit of local guilds is that they're completely maintained within the client, not on an external website somewhere. Global Guilds really need a client control panel, and it has been requested many many times before but still has never been added.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:27 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
I didn't think Gold was a requirement anymore. But it's been so long since I've looked at Global Guilds that I wouldn't have a clue.

Doesn't Zodiac have a scroll that lets you use your global guild on the server? Or does that just import your Global Guild into their local guild system?
It's only needed to do the initial creation of the guild, but afterward you can stay leader and so on without it.

Yes, global guilds are protected and only allow a member to create the local guild free of charge.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:06 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaDaFack View Post
If Stefan & unixmad wanted to make more money, shouldn't they totally disband local guilds?
They're asking classic servers to add to their gelat shop for money but at the same time, the most active server (Zodiac) has their own local guild system which makes Stefan & unixmad lose money.

I don't know about you, but I miss the o'l global guild system.
I wouldn't say Local Guilds are better than Global Guilds in theory, but only in practise, with the way Global Guilds are implemented and the fact there are few ways to work with them through script.

While a Local Guilds system could provide you with 100% freedom, it's up to server developers to implement them, some could do it better while others might do it worse. Therefore it's good to at least have the option of Global Guilds as something to start off with.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:14 AM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Global guilds are nice, because in the old days it was easy to expand your guild to other servers/move your guild/etc. If there was a local guild system, you would need to spend more to make your same guild on another server (which it might even be taken by some other players) and if it was available you would have to add the players all over again. I believe an in-game guild client would work better than the online version and better than a local system. Just me.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:14 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
only if global guilds had protection from copycat guilds