Old 10-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
AEON: The final push!

AEON : The Final Push

Information
It can be found on our previous thread:
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=82227

We're back again!
Indeed we are, for those who thought that AEON had died, HAH!
Hopefully this will be the last time that we had to repay for the server XD.

Desperate need of new staff
Anywayys, we are in desperate need of developement help.
Right now it's just Me, HL, Napo & Rave. So we are hiring:
GATs & Modern LATs.
If you wish to apply please forum PM me!

Last time I did this "Hirings" thread aswell as a couple of ads in Graal Login News it didn't go so successfull.
I know a lot of people out there are doubtfull about AEON - and they have every right to feel that way.
It have been on Hosted Tab for... heck! I don't even know how many years.
But it's a lot that people don't know, we have hit SO MANY obstacles... For every progress we have gone two steps backwards.
Staff quitting, People disappearing and just regular IRL problems that always pops up.
But what really makes me confused is that a lot of people on Graal are complaining that no new servers are comming to the classic tab aswell as that they say that "everyone working on their own projects, instead of working on the current servers."

We are unbelievable close of finishing our two worlds, Opan & Elan. = Applying to classic tab.
It's just minor work, litteraly all the levels are done, aswell as most of the systems.
Now its mainly just events and weapons/items.
Infact I think it's safe to say that we are the closest under construction server out there that it this close of getting finished.

We are in desperate need of a few more staff!
So if you would like to help us or have any questions, please don't hesitate. Forum PM me

- SwedishKing
Old 10-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
While Maloria is down, I could probably help you guys get the final touch. I feel like having more time than before, must be used to school already, which is good =D.
Just tell me if you're interested.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by vima View Post
infact i think it's safe to say that we are the closest under construction server out there that it this close of getting finished.
ruh roh watch out for gg guys.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:22 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
I don't think Aeon should go classic until all 4 worlds are playable. It's like you're missing half the server theme and world is a smaller version of an already released server. With only 2 worlds finished, you'll have a team split between watching and fixing 2 worlds, while beginning to develop on another 2.

While in theory, this also means that while on classic, it would take longer than you have been hosted to even get close to releasing the 2 other worlds.

At the moment, you have a classic world, which is completely generic, and a modern server, which, I'm guessing, is basically like every other failed modern server, and smaller as well, seeing as the others only had modern to dedicate themselves to.

PHP Code:
Hopefully this will be the last time that we had to repay for the server XD
You started working on a server with 4 worlds, which is 4 times more work than a regular server. Take responsibility for making all 4 before you rush through 2 just so you don't have to pay.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:23 AM
not doing alot
Liberated has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
I don't think Aeon should go classic until all 4 worlds are playable. It's like you're missing half the server theme and world is a smaller version of an already released server. With only 2 worlds finished, you'll have a team split between watching and fixing 2 worlds, while beginning to develop on another 2.

While in theory, this also means that while on classic, it would take longer than you have been hosted to even get close to releasing the 2 other worlds.

At the moment, you have a classic world, which is completely generic, and a modern server, which, I'm guessing, is basically like every other failed modern server, and smaller as well, seeing as the others only had modern to dedicate themselves to.

PHP Code:
Hopefully this will be the last time that we had to repay for the server XD
You started working on a server with 4 worlds, which is 4 times more work than a regular server. Take responsibility for making all 4 before you rush through 2 just so you don't have to pay.
Hope the staff doesn't mind me replieing to this.
If they make all 4 worlds completely playable, they will be busy for atleast another year and a half, if it's going to take as long as these worlds have, probably longer.

Opan is nothing like any of the other "failed modern servers", Opan features a unique weapon system, a class system, levelling system and much much more.

I believe it has been discussed with the PWA, and when they finish these 2 worlds they are elligible for classic i believe, i don't think its really about the paying, the staff is a group of mature people, and im pretty sure there wouldn't be any problems repaying for the server.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:41 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberated View Post
Hope the staff doesn't mind me replieing to this.
If they make all 4 worlds completely playable, they will be busy for atleast another year and a half, if it's going to take as long as these worlds have, probably longer.

Opan is nothing like any of the other "failed modern servers", Opan features a unique weapon system, a class system, levelling system and much much more.

I believe it has been discussed with the PWA, and when they finish these 2 worlds they are elligible for classic i believe, i don't think its really about the paying, the staff is a group of mature people, and im pretty sure there wouldn't be any problems repaying for the server.
That's not the point I'm trying to make.

Lot's of servers come work hard at what they want to make. Why should one server be allowed to go classic when it's barely half done?

Despite not having been on Opan, it may be great, but the classic world on Aeon, is, as I said, completely generic.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Blablabla I like to talk about things that I have no clue about.
First of all I would just like to say that you don't need to trash this thread like you do on all the other threads.
If you have a problem with it - Talk to Bell.

But to just make it clear, the main reason we have been delayed is that we have almost NO STAFF.
It's basically just ME sometimes.
If we were to go to classic tab, chances are high that we will get new staff.
Aswell as that we will not have to constantly worry about paying our&staffs gold & the server.

But these two worlds are like two servers, they are full with various stuff, exciting original ideas...
Especially Opan, it's like a game itself.
I believe AEON will definitely take Graal to the "next level".

Quote:
I don't know about you... but ehm... It's been on Hosted tab for atleast 3 years.
If we would rush just to not have to repay for the server... then we would've done it AGES AGO.

Quote:
Lot's of servers come work hard at what they want to make. Why should one server be allowed to go classic when it's barely half done?
There are/were many good servers out there, but they are nowhere near on getting to the classic tab. It's almost impossible to get through all the obstacles we've done. I believe that in order for Graal to continue being alive AEON needs to be added to the classic tab. It will bring Graal to a new level. It will give that "change" that the regular people want.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:31 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck with this "new level", that sounds too good to be true.

I'm not fond of the multiple servers in one server, it'll probably end up with flocking to one mini-server in a certain location like other servers have their own level that other players generally flock to. So you'll have to find an approach to get around that.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
How exactly does Aeon work? Is it basically 4 separate servers put into one? Don't you think your kinda spreading the already thin playercount graal has? Im assuming Aeon would have around 60 players. Thats 15 players/gmap. Unless your expecting to take all of Eras players, UN's, and N-Pulses. If thats the plan, im interested in seeing how it turns out!
Old 10-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
How exactly does Aeon work? Is it basically 4 separate servers put into one? Don't you think your kinda spreading the already thin playercount graal has? Im assuming Aeon would have around 60 players. Thats 15 players/gmap. Unless your expecting to take all of Eras players, UN's, and N-Pulses. If thats the plan, im interested in seeing how it turns out!
Before I saw it like that, but we've stopped looked it that way.
Today we are working on merging these worlds together, all through storylines, "global trades", quests etc... we have so much planned.
With napo litteraly nothing is impossible to do, your imagination is only the limit.

We'll try to compete with the remaining servers, personally I think it's always good with competition.
It would push all of the servers to work even harder, would benifit the regular players a lot.
But we just don't want to be a competitive server, like I said before I think that AEON is original and has some very interesting stuff that people haven't seen on Graal before.
We would definitely try to attact new players to our server, I mean there is so much you can do today.
Posting Youtube clips, posting on forums etc.
But we're not just thinking about ourselves, we want to help the entire Graal Community.
For example: We are determined to get the Globals Guilds up and running again!
Old 10-10-2009, 03:31 PM
firefighter is on a distinguished road
From my personal experience on my server Zenox I can say that it is very difficult to find good and experienced staff at the time to bring the development forward. That wasn't always so difficult earlier but the most of the good developers have left graal so you must be pleased with what you already have.

You should understand that you cannot implement all your ideas with a lame development team (not even if you are really good and do everything at your own) because you need a good, varying and active staff team.

Also the idea with multiple seperate worlds isn't better than having multiple islands on a single world because the player count of each world will be (much) different so the players are seperated too which isn't good for solving tasks/quests together and doesn't promote the communication between them. We also had the ideas of multiple worlds and using modern and classic content together but it has been overruled very fast. So we found the idea of a classic server with better, new concepts and ideas than the other servers have much better.

Also it's pointless to have a mass of things if they are confusing, irritating and/or expect too much of the players. So in the most cases it is better to have fewer but thought through things you can provide to the players that are easy to understand.

These are just some advice of me to help you with my experience
Old 10-11-2009, 04:55 PM
AEON Manager
Hatred89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Hatred89
Alright so let me set everything straight because when people hear the four worlds with out knowing what we are doing they more often then not get the wrong idea.

Q: If there is going to be four worlds then its not going to feel like one server right?
A: To be honest no it will since there will be a storyline linking all the worlds and would require you to go to other worlds to continue the storyline and gain quest items. Also there will be a global trade system between the worlds so all items can be traded between each world. If you look at the other servers on graal how many have story lines?

Q: If you have four worlds doesn't that mean each world itself is just going to be a lesser version of what we already
have now on the lassic list?

A: Even though each world might have a same theme as a server on the UC list it is still going to have so many new features and game play options that it will give a same feel but still also being unique. We are aiming and we are making each world that we have to blow out its competitor.

Q: Well how is the player count going to look? People are just going to be split between each world so even though you might pull in 100 people into the server if you have four worlds that means you would have like 25 people per world which isn't that much so the server would fail, correct?

A: If you look there is no competitor for a multi-world server so our competition servers that have one of our four themes. So our target audience is much larger then just one server. So we would pull in a larger community with the server theme.

Q: Why don't you just stick with one world and make that one great?

A: We already are this far why would we waste years of work? AEON was one of the first bought player-world servers and has been the longest lasting world. We have put years of work into the server. Plus if you look at how graal is declining how many years do you think it has left? It needs something new to save it and honestly not to have a big ego but I think we could help contribute to saving it. Older players would return who have classic accounts and it could give new hope to the remaining players. Along with increasing the chances of gaining new players.

Q: How are you going to say that? I'v seen AEON and there is nothing impressive on it. (Part 2 of the question above)

A: Most of our server is not accessible to the public's eye. I'd say easily 8/10 of the content is hidden and only some people have got to see what we have like certain global's and a selected few top notch developers and they have all been impressed with what we have.

If I missed any questions just ask away I should be able to answer them .
Old 04-26-2010, 08:19 AM
AEON Manager
Hatred89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Hatred89
Alright so I just need to bump this thread because the server got paid for again and its up. It's just under a dev "account name" but it should be renamed soon. Anyhow we mainly need Gats and Ganiers. We could use just one NAT because scripting wise its pretty much complete. Level wise we are done except for about three levels so we won't need lats.

We are about 90 percent done or more till we apply for classic we just need some helping hands. Aim me at dragon89o or send me a forum pm or post here.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:53 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
ill be back end july begining of augest any ways guys hes right alot of our work is done an we are so short of staff for 2 reasons were so picky just wont hire anybody an aeon been on hosted tab forever if u really think if napo didnt have to leave so much opan would been done about 6 months or longer but its hard to find a scripter like napo sk an hatred u know ill get the ganis done fast when i come back
Old 04-26-2010, 10:34 AM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
last time i cared i thought there was only 2 worlds? Modern and Classic.