Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2002, 10:26 PM
Banned
Graal2001_LAT is on a distinguished road
Yes I would like to see some more updates to the site. Lots of it is old and incorrect information. Who will have access to change the site? Maybe I could e-mail them a list of things to change on the site to help them out.

And the newsletter sounds dandy.
Old 09-22-2002, 10:29 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Well Ibonic was supposed to handle the newsletter and site... I guess he isn't doing that anymore though. I can manage the newsletter but I know barely anything about php and stuff so the site is out of my hands.

By the way, if you guys have any ideas you'd like to see for the newsletter, message me.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 09-22-2002, 11:04 PM
where da wmdz at
Neonight is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Neonight
Quote:
Originally posted by konidias
Well Ibonic was supposed to handle the newsletter and site... I guess he isn't doing that anymore though. I can manage the newsletter but I know barely anything about php and stuff so the site is out of my hands.

By the way, if you guys have any ideas you'd like to see for the newsletter, message me.
I'd suggest Jagen do the website. He's learning php fluently and it's beginning to look good. ;D
Old 09-22-2002, 11:27 PM
Truckin Up
Milkdude99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Milkdude99
Quote:
Originally posted by Chronos
Makes no sense Tyhm, they're not customer when they don't pay :P

I mean now, being governed by a council of people who will most likely abuse their powers to players who paid for their game.

People quit and quit and quit, when I first started again Graal Classic had 120 players on heavy times, now we're around the 90's. G2k2 became popular fo ra while due to haunted house but more and more people are leaving that as well.

Sure, milkdude, you can take the stubborn side if you want, but just remember this is making people leave, and when you lose so many players, you can't properly fund the game anymore. Doing what they want is their business, but listening to the public is their best way to keeping the game alive.

Believe it or not, even my own staff are insisting that they're leaving the game if they have to listen to council members etc. And you can badmouth my staff if you want, but they're some of the best damn people on the game.

I've already seen the effect of poor management and lack of respect for the public...when will you? Sigh, someday...
Please use my nick Moon God , I understand well what you are saying and have seen much coruption in the past as well as many others have, but don't condem a program that hasn't even had a chance to get started.You or I don't know all of it and one thing I do agree on no one under the legal age (18) should be on the council or have less than 18 months playing Graal, then too in my opinion they also should have at least 6 months in managing a server (continious service) either as Manager or a high Admin. How can they manage all the PWs if they have never managed a PW themselves? This was a suggestion I submitted to Unixmad on the Council and I am sure he will consider all suggestions given to him if done in the right manner. Hopefully the Council will be made up of good people have are not only respected by the players and Staff of Graal above greed and corruption. It also needs to be people who can deal and talk with people in a reasonable calm manner, we all lose our temper sometimes and of course I am sure a Council Member at one time or another may too.Point is nothing is solved unless in is done in a calm reasonal manner with maturity and wisdom. Chronos you have been on Graal longer than I have and have seen more mistakes on here than I have , but the fact remains in order for Graal to evolve change has to ocurr and yes sometimes it is not popular and yes we will lose some players , it is a calculated risk in any business but something that has to be done nonetheless.
I hate to see anyone leave Graal but it is their choice to do so and those who want to stay will and those who don't won't no matter what happens.This post is of course my opinion on the way I see things as I respect you feelings in your post I just hope you respect mine.

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 09-22-2002, 11:36 PM
Chronos is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Chronos
Quote:
Originally posted by konidias

Also, your views on what is going on aren't even accurate, as some of the stuff you talk about isn't even right. You say all level 4 RC's were removed so the council could replace them. This is not true. You are making up your own ideas of what is happening in your head, without actually knowing the facts.
Why is this? Is this because you haven't told us anything? Yes. Read the original post. I'm asking for clarification, am I getting it? No. All I HAVE is to go off assumptions and the vague implications Unixmad has described. Why do you think I posted this? I want to know more about it, damnit =P
Old 09-23-2002, 01:32 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Chronos

Why is this? Is this because you haven't told us anything? Yes. Read the original post. I'm asking for clarification, am I getting it? No. All I HAVE is to go off assumptions and the vague implications Unixmad has described. Why do you think I posted this? I want to know more about it, damnit =P
Personally, I will hold off on my opinions until we do know what is going on, until the program has been implamented (sp) and has a chance to work. Chronos, why is it if we dont take your side, and agree with you, we are trying to score points with Unixmad?
I dont agree with everything that Unixmad or Stefan does, I dont have to, noone does....But it is his game, he knows what he is doing on a business end, and I trust in that. Whatever he comes up with, I will work with or work around because I have no choice whether I agree with it or not. It doesnt do anyone any good to imediately jump up and start a rampage about changes, especially since not everything is known yet. Having patience, and waiting to see what happenes is a must. This is MY opinion.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 09-23-2002, 02:32 AM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
Seems we're right back where we were -
the players don't like the idea of being represented by a few elite admins they're unfamiliar with, and they don't like the idea of trusting decisions to the mass of newbies voting for whoever promises them DBZ crap.

So I guess Democracy is dissolved and we return to a feudal monarchy? Everyone reports to only one superior, who in turn reports to one, all the way up to Unixmad and Stefan. Soul the GP reports to Chronos (or whoever) the GP Chief who reports to Tyhm the Classic Manager who reports to Nemesis the Classic Tab GM who reports to Unixmad. If Soul goes bad (say, he's replaced by his evil twin, um, Olus), it's up to Chronos to fire him, reprimand him, jail him, whatever. If Chronos can't handle it he can ask Tyhm. If Chronos DOESN'T handle it someone will tell Tyhm - presumably the injured party.

See? The monarchy DOES rely on the will of the people. If someone is messed with, they have to report it. The power is in the hands of the players to nag the managers.

Or rather, it almost is. There's a flaw in my heirarchy - NOBODY KNOWS WHO'S WHO! Sod, I don't even know who the GP Chief is anymore!?! Will someone please UPDATE THE DAMN STAFF PAGE? WITH REAL EMAILS, MAYBE A CONNECTION TO ADCP SO WE CAN KEEP IT UP TO DATE?!?

I mean, crap, last time I checked I'm still listed as the NPC Admin of G2K1! That's not only inaccurate, it was never true to begin with!

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 09-23-2002, 03:00 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
NOBODY KNOWS WHO'S WHO!
This is a big problem right now, Us managers dont know who to send people to with problems that we cannot handle.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 09-23-2002, 05:41 AM
Chronos is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Chronos
Chronos = GP Chief/Admin
DC = FAQ Admin
Masamune = GC Admin
MasterStorm = Assist. GP Admin/Chief
WillieJamal = FAQ Asst. Admin

But yes, the entire GM/Accts manager is confusing, but I think/hope Nemesis and Lyndzey are still with their respective roles.