Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2009, 03:02 PM
Varia Developer
Angel_Light is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Angel_Light Send a message via MSN to Angel_Light
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I really, really doubt that. It would be virtually impossible to do.
Nothing is impossible for blackberry phones, it's as simple as compiling it in a .cod/.alx files then remapping the buttons to the phone. There is already is a Zelda 1 remake out there for blackberry, which it works quite well with a lot of 'intensive' effects on it. If one guy could do that simply, it wont be hard to remap and reconstruct some of graal to work for blackberry.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:23 PM
Banned
12171217 has a spectacular aura about
It's not as easy as that, unless Blackberries can run compiled Objective-C and OpenGL ES 2.0.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:25 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_Light View Post
Nothing is impossible for blackberry phones, it's as simple as compiling it in a .cod/.alx files then remapping the buttons to the phone. There is already is a Zelda 1 remake out there for blackberry, which it works quite well with a lot of 'intensive' effects on it. If one guy could do that simply, it wont be hard to remap and reconstruct some of graal to work for blackberry.
They used an emulator, lol. That's totally different than a "converter".
Old 12-17-2009, 11:32 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
I'm not sure if it was mentioned but we need a
pause button-
and the ability to log onto our accounts if we have them. -
Old 12-17-2009, 11:58 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
If people are spamming bombs/arrows, it's already been brought up before that unlimited ammo needs to be ditched.
It has already been Yesterday we have made arrows and bombs limited, to refill you can either buy them at the shop or kill baddies which are dopping some.

Also we are submitting an update in a few minutes which will speed up the game (also good for Graal in general).
Old 12-18-2009, 12:03 AM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Okay, great...

Now I want a IPhone and try this out!
Old 12-18-2009, 12:28 AM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_Light View Post
The hardware is completely different, the operating system is completely different. It's not straight-forward by any means, not even in the slightest.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:43 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
I just read this thread from 1 to 9.

I honestly am surprised at the results. I wonder why you guys dont get some player volunteers to design quests. OR just the staff from classic to do it. If it hasnt already been done. Now if the two communities of iPhone and PC graal could fuse. That would be pretty badass. And if every server that is able to can try to show the good things on their servers for it I believe you could honestly give graal a second wind and make it a bit more of an actual game. Though I could be speaking too soon

Thanks sam
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	holy****iscles.png
Views:	408
Size:	406.3 KB
ID:	50058  

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.

Last edited by Fulg0reSama; 12-18-2009 at 10:41 PM..
Old 12-18-2009, 06:12 AM
SKJF91 will become famous soon enough
very impressive, although with the new influx of players it tends to be laggy in the main levels.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:56 AM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
It has already been Yesterday we have made arrows and bombs limited, to refill you can either buy them at the shop or kill baddies which are dopping some.

Also we are submitting an update in a few minutes which will speed up the game (also good for Graal in general).
I wonder if this attracts players from the iPhone to the actual PC version that we're on.

Is there some sort of advertisement advising people of our humble community?
Old 12-18-2009, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
How long does it take until it gets accepted live - would it be possible if you can supply an updated ipa file for us to download and put on our itouch / iphones?

Just thought I'd report bugs / ideas:
- Bug: You can't cliff jump like on real graal (or not implemented?) - also chests don't open
- Bug: Shop says 10g for 30 arrows, yet you only get 20 arrows. typo?
- Bug: When holding a bush, and using the arrow/bomb button to hide under the bush, if you have 0 arrows/bombs it still makes the sound that you have none.

- Idea: kills/death ratio in profile
- Idea: add emoticon for afk/brb/phone/sorry and some others
- Idea: a way to see the player count, maybe in the new map?
- Idea: Maybe the old classic way to change colors, you know - with all those fun-filled colored squares

Last edited by SKJF91; 12-18-2009 at 03:48 PM..
Old 12-18-2009, 02:45 PM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
I dont know if anyone else notices this but I get randomly disconnected quite a bit, My service doesn't move it will just disconnect after a couple minutes of game time

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
I dont know if anyone else notices this but I get randomly disconnected quite a bit, My service doesn't move it will just disconnect after a couple minutes of game time
idle time
Old 12-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
Stefan, if you need any extra help I think you should involve us from the GDT team.
Keep on going with the good job though! These weeks I think will be the most important in making Graal Iphone an success. Once their addicted, they're caught in the net. ;]
Old 12-18-2009, 10:18 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKJF91 View Post
- Bug: You can't cliff jump like on real graal (or not implemented?) - also chests don't open
- Bug: Shop says 10g for 30 arrows, yet you only get 20 arrows. typo?
- Bug: When holding a bush, and using the arrow/bomb button to hide under the bush, if you have 0 arrows/bombs it still makes the sound that you have none.

- Idea: kills/death ratio in profile
- Idea: add emoticon for afk/brb/phone/sorry and some others
- Idea: a way to see the player count, maybe in the new map?
- Idea: Maybe the old classic way to change colors, you know - with all those fun-filled colored squares
I've fixed the 30 arrows in the shop. Those chests that you can see in some rooms are meant to not give anything. Normally the cliff jump should work but I don't know if there are actually correct cliffs where you can jump down from (cliff jump is not working for some almost identical looking cliff tiles). Almost all emoticons are working, you can do :afk, :brb and :sorry.

It should be possible to add deaths and kills to the profile and the player count to the map. Right now we are working on adding more shields to the menu so that people don't need to use setshield.

It would be interesting if some people could help for Classic iPhone. Most staff are busy with their own servers though... Right now we mainly need people who make sure that people don't block areas, and who can script simple spar systems which are working on iPhone, may be with some on-screen buttons instead of chat commands. The scripting can probably also be done by me, would just need someone who knows classic sparring.