Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2015, 12:36 PM
GK Manager
Sky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Sky
New Mines!

We would proudly like to announce the opening of the new mining system!

First, a new store was built in the great town of Bogenera!

You buy a new mining "Treasure Map" and some lanterns if you can't afford to craft a mining helmet.

There is 4 different color mines, thats 2 different ones in the pictures. To get to a different mine you have to find the stairs that leads to a different color mine. You basically excavate the walls with a pick axe and gain mining stones. You bring them back to the mine shop and crush them up into diamonds, rubies, coal, etc..

I'm hoping this makes mining alittle more fun and easier then the current mining system.

Hope to see you on Graal Kingdoms! More updates are not stopping anytime soon!!
Old 06-14-2015, 04:07 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Now I want to play Maloria...
Old 06-14-2015, 05:25 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
At least there's some new content, huh? Still.. what's with the super tiny sprites? You couldn't stand up in that mine with walls/a ceiling that low. That ladder? Too small for even a dwarf. And Graalian glory all over again, I suppose: why is there a timer telling you how long this mine will last? Have you ever played a half decent game that had text floating in seemingly random places telling you stuff like that? Get rid of that ****. Add visual and audio cues as to when the mine collapses. Make the screen shake, add rumbling sounds, add dirt/stone particles falling from the "ceiling". Be creative. But get rid of crap like that.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:33 PM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Tashkin is a jewel in the roughTashkin is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tashkin
The screen already shakes and particles already fall. I am not sure about the sound though I do not think that was added.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:39 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
At least there's some new content, huh?
Where?
Mining has existed on GK since the beginning, and has functioned perfectly fine the whole time. They disabled a majority of the game-play requirements for mining (Houses don't need to be repaired, and barely any of the new items actually need to be crafted due to the sheer laziness of those who introduced these things).

How does mimicking (if not copying, I haven't yet tried it) content from other servers in place of existing & functioning content constitute new?

The developers of GK clearly have some sort of misconception when it comes to recycling content and branding it as new.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:08 PM
GK Manager
Sky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Where?
Mining has existed on GK since the beginning, and has functioned perfectly fine the whole time. They disabled a majority of the game-play requirements for mining (Houses don't need to be repaired, and barely any of the new items actually need to be crafted due to the sheer laziness of those who introduced these things).

How does mimicking (if not copying, I haven't yet tried it) content from other servers in place of existing & functioning content constitute new?

The developers of GK clearly have some sort of misconception when it comes to recycling content and branding it as new.
It is just a easier and more fun way to mine, whats wrong with that? How is this copied from any other server? o_O... Last I checked no current server has it... o-o

It's a new way to mine... if you'd like to go to the other mines and do it that way have a blast.. ;p

And the timer is in their because it is an "instanced" mine, and when the timer gets low the screen starts shaking and rocks fall from the sky then the mine collapses.. ;o...
Old 06-14-2015, 06:29 PM
Posting The Truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky View Post
How is this copied from any other server? o_O... Last I checked no current server has it... o-o
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...hp?t=134260778

-----

Edit: Tried it, it's an exact copy. You didn't even grasp the concept properly either... the whole point of the timer and ladders was so players had to reach the diamond/gold level and create short-paths to be able to get back out before it collapses (or you would lose your life/some of the minerals you found). Instead, you just made it go forever deeper for no real reason... then you have to wait for it to time out (since you can't go back); which then magically warps you to Bombora when 7 levels of the mine collapse on-top of you. And why do the deeper-level ladders have markers on them (more chat= spam for crow?)? It makes searching pointless.

I'm also unsure if multiple people can do a single mine since it just warped me into my own cave (the funnest part on Maloria was having huge mining parties trying to race to the bottom level). A lot more could have been explained surely.

Edit2: After 30 minutes running/mining/running/grinding I ended up with a -50% profit. ._.
-----

You guys keep passing all this off as new stuff without actually making any new stuff.
The Golem Boss is the only content added to the server, and (as I said in that thread) I don't feel it was even executed properly.

Last edited by Supaman771; 06-14-2015 at 06:59 PM..
Old 06-14-2015, 07:39 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
While it's really similar to something I've experienced on another server. It's still a welcome addition. We all know the other mines are pretty useless. A grind house where you'd send pack rats or newbies to slave away for iron / stone that you'd otherwise never spend the time getting.

I spend 35 diamonds on my first map earlier today, yielded 30 diamonds, 8EC's, sapphires, rubies, emeralds, stone and iron. Shrimps was guiding me and apparently I was just really lucky, you won't always get such a big yield in EC's but at least the 35 dias doesn't put you off. And diamonds are getting yet another use, I've yet to break even, diamond wise, from a single map.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:07 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Delterias is Similar but better in my opinion. Its Instance based so you share a cavern with your party members in certain caverns, while some are public (not instance based) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwOWZXMKx2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...hp?t=134260778

-----

Edit: Tried it, it's an exact copy. You didn't even grasp the concept properly either... the whole point of the timer and ladders was so players had to reach the diamond/gold level and create short-paths to be able to get back out before it collapses (or you would lose your life/some of the minerals you found). Instead, you just made it go forever deeper for no real reason... then you have to wait for it to time out (since you can't go back); which then magically warps you to Bombora when 7 levels of the mine collapse on-top of you. And why do the deeper-level ladders have markers on them (more chat= spam for crow?)? It makes searching pointless.

I'm also unsure if multiple people can do a single mine since it just warped me into my own cave (the funnest part on Maloria was having huge mining parties trying to race to the bottom level). A lot more could have been explained surely.

Edit2: After 30 minutes running/mining/running/grinding I ended up with a -50% profit. ._.
-----

You guys keep passing all this off as new stuff without actually making any new stuff.
The Golem Boss is the only content added to the server, and (as I said in that thread) I don't feel it was even executed properly.
Also at least they are trying. That's all that matters anyways in the long run. Maybe one day you will actually help out instead of complaining 24/7, that would be awesome. Either way Great work.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 06-14-2015, 08:32 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
has anyone ever seen a tornado on gk?
Old 06-14-2015, 08:41 PM
Posting The Truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
Also at least they are trying. That's all that matters anyways in the long run. Maybe one day you will actually help out instead of complaining 24/7, that would be awesome. Either way Great work.
And I am trying to give criticism to make them succeed rather than simply try. As you can see I have posted more in those idea threads than others; and test/comment upon every update given forth. Some others don't even give so much effort and incessantly complain (all of Crow's comments I ignored could've been easily answered by simply playing the game).

Yet you seem to forget I have 'helped out' and dedicated time to administrate these servers in the past, which is why I continue to affiliate with/comment on them. If you can find an individual more qualified to post their opinions on GK & Era from a technical standpoint, that would be awesome. But complaining about criticisms without providing anything of your own is just... well spam tbh.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:08 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
I don't ever see you giving them props, where props is due. You just continuously complain in most your posts. Some appreciation goes a long way.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 06-14-2015, 09:47 PM
Posting The Truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
I don't ever see you giving them props, where props is due. You just continuously complain in most your posts. Some appreciation goes a long way.
This is not my nature after having done this for so long. I know what development it entails. When content is recycled, lacking, or overall does not improve the game play I don't see where props can be given.

They used a code-forum mining system and changed the colors to make it match GK. This takes one guy an hour-2. They did not adapt it to make much sense and rather took shortcuts. There are many bugs and overall I don't see why such a thing would be released in this state and announced expecting a warm welcome.

If this is complaining I don't know what to tell you. It would not be improved otherwise... after further testing this is what I came up with.

Actual issues:
-The ladders are not hidden, they are marked with npc-chat, this should not be intended. There should be a item you can craft to help discover these ladders (like the GPS functionality intended for the mining game).
-Zormite walled levels have some poor tile choice (it looks like opening a gk level in level editor... with the classic tileset). These levels also do not have exit/entrance ladders, perhaps the image is just missing.
-Putting any amount of rocks in a machine counts as 5 rocks. Placing your rocks in a bag and grinding them one at a time inevitably gives 5x the profit.
-You should be able to go backwards in the levels, and should be required to leave the mine before it collapses (as was intended).
-Leaving the mine either through ladders or collapse should put you back to where you entered... not magically warping to Bomboria.

Suggestions:
-Going deeper should give increased amounts or better types of minerals.
-Parties should be able to mine together.
-Different types of levels should give different minerals (from what I saw all 4 types just gave emeralds).
-Walls should be random strengths (this also dissuades macros), they all took the same amount of attacks (which is quite high currently).
-Lanterns should be cheaper, everyone whose ever played before has a mining hat (or 6..) in their bag. But if a new player (who would be the target for doing this kind of job) tries they will need many lanterns; which are costly.
-Mining some walls should spawn creatures (to stop macros again) which would make it a bit more exciting than grind. Very deep levels could spawn strong monsters with good exp or item drops.
Old 06-15-2015, 09:03 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Hey nice, another server using the mining system Mallard made for Maloria! That list now includes Maloria, Delteria, Ol' West and Graal Kingdoms for anyone wondering. It's fun to see Mallard's code being as appreciated as it is, but I'm curious to know why you made it seemingly just go deeper for an eternity rather than keep the time limit that the system was original designed around?

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 06-15-2015, 11:29 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky
How is this copied from any other server? o_O... Last I checked no current server has it... o-o
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx
Hey nice, another server using the mining system Mallard made for Maloria!
Didn't Mallard make it for his own server first?

At any rate, it's a really good system that was publicly released. If anything, more servers should use it. Makes mining a lot more engaging.