Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-15-2008, 04:25 PM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
This new passageway on Iricia

Well this isn't really a new Iricia thread anymore. It just looks like they made the bases a little larger on the outside but not on the inside, added a few turrets, and added a realistic passage way. The only other change I noticed was that they made some weird ship thing in the upper left hand corner of the gmap.

The secret passage way is not even well... secret. All I see coming out of it is idling in bunker such as that in the CTF secret bunkers. It would have worked if it would only work for a short time and maybe you could be in it. It would have been better if you didn't have boxes that you could place. All I see now is a few more levels for Ravenblade to GP.

The secret passage way problems
No time limit.
Promotes door blocking
Promotes idling
Too symmetrical. It could have had alternate pathways.

The barrels are symmetrically placed and don't have any real feel. Yes they may FINALLY help to fight in bunkers by giving you some room. There are tons of barrels and boxes when they aren't even needed. Huge blockages of space with barrels.

How can this be fixed?
Add a time limit with a little clock that you can see clicking and when that timer goes out you start to see flashes of light and start losing health.
Oh and you can say the bunker was not made to be secret but then the levels say it all,"zone_arctic-secret_a-1.nw"
Disable the gaining of bounties from idling in those bunkers.

You could add some twists and turns to the levels. Maybe make different levels and then have like 3 passage ways and the gmap's could switch out each round? That way it isn't ever the same.
Another idea would be to have passage way be from different places. One round the passage way could go from B2 to B5. The next round it would be from B3 to B1. Then you could have a killing round where they link both the teams bunkers up to connect into a fighting arena sort of thing. There is a lot you can do with a cool idea.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:32 PM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
i agree with some of your ideas;

the new pasageway does promotes idling and box blocking x.x the problem with the boxes could be my adding a tile that destroy boxes if you put them on the floor or just remove em..

the idea of the switching pasageways seems kinda fun, although it could change iricia alot...
Old 06-15-2008, 05:53 PM
Bleh.
darksidekiller is on a distinguished road
I do agree with you SN,

We should stick with the good old Iricia. Back then, there was no problem...xD
Old 06-15-2008, 06:27 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
I mentioned to stefan to bring back original. he said if we delete this one people will get mad.

@supernanny: so good of you to voice stuff after the fact.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:27 AM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
I mentioned to stefan to bring back original. he said if we delete this one people will get mad.

@supernanny: so good of you to voice stuff after the fact.
Sorry Raven I voiced my opinion before and I would have been much more vocal about it but I was on vacation.
Next time I will make sure to suit your needs as best as possible ignoring any life outside of Graal I may have.. [/sarcasm]
I guess I'm sorry that input isn't accepted as well I as I would hope.

Raven did it occur to you that I did not realize the flaws in it until after I saw the use of some of this in game play? Sometimes the best you can do is to fly by the seat of your pants and hope something will work.

Last edited by pooper200000; 06-16-2008 at 02:58 AM.. Reason: One last point