Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2009, 12:50 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Maloria Post-Preview thoughts

Now that our time with Preview status is over, I'd like to hear peoples thoughts and comments about the Maloria they got to see.

What did we do good? What can we change for the better? What were you really annoyed about? Anything you'd like to share is appreciated, as we can learn from it and work towards something different.

There were a lot of things I wish we would've been able to show off as well, which we were unable to do, due to lack of time and a certain someones bad habit of breaking things and then having to waste time repairing them (). Perhaps we'll get to do that some other time, we definitely will keep working!

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Last edited by xXziroXx; 10-01-2009 at 02:36 PM..
Old 10-01-2009, 01:59 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Well most of my complaints can be found here xD
There wasn't that much to do other then running around pking.
But the scripting was very impressive specially the fire blast spell, and the inventory looked nice

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:46 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
I'd like to thank you for being our first test hamster on this. I personally received quite a bit of positive feedback in the sense that players hope to see it again when its finished.

My hopes are that your sleep deprivation and bad habits were worth the experience.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Let's keep going !
Old 10-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
Well most of my complaints can be found here xD
There wasn't that much to do other then running around pking.
But the scripting was very impressive specially the fire blast spell, and the inventory looked nice
Fire blast spell?

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 10-01-2009, 07:30 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by smirt362 View Post
Fire blast spell?
Yea, Ziro gave me it so I could pwn Jer and all the other cheaters.

My Albums
Quote:
Old 10-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Cool HD boxes.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:46 PM
Ideas on Fire
Quote:
Yea, Ziro gave me it so I could pwn Jer and all the other cheaters.
That was quite unfair, but I still owned you even when you were lvl 50.
You suck !
Old 10-01-2009, 07:48 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandralove View Post
That was quite unfair, but I still owned you even when you were lvl 50.
You suck !
uhh, no you didn't...

My Albums
Quote:
Old 10-01-2009, 07:55 PM
Ideas on Fire
Quote:
uhh, no you didn't...
Nevermind I got confused, it was Jer
Old 10-01-2009, 07:57 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Maloria isn't the type of server I am interested in really, but I still tried to check it out just in case there was that something there for me, and Observer Mode pretty much killed exploring. The content that I was able to check out however didn't seem to differ much; a lot of generic houses, blank space, and very few identifiable areas. I agree with Galdor, the houses and aesthetics of a substantial part of what many would consider the server's identity looked bad. However, from when it first appeared onto the tab to where it is now, there seems to be progressing changes in that department.

The only hint I can really give is try to build the content densely, because it felt as though there was very little offered for those that don't really care to level up and fight.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:27 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
As you may have noticed, Maloria is not online. We had planned on getting it back around the 25th (since we knew it would go down around then), but since it went down our thoughts have moved more towards "It won't be worth getting it back up", or at least based on the input given by staff so far.

We're going to make our final decision within the next week, but at the moment we really are leaning towards just letting it die, which is kind of a shame if you ask me. I just guess none of the current staff feel motivated enough with it?

Maloria staff, please do read and post your input here if you for some reason don't browse our forums but manage to stumple upon this thread.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-31-2009, 04:41 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
I'm going to say that I think you should put it on hold as opposed to just closing it down. This time of the year is quite possibly the least motivating in terms of developing on Graal. You might feel as a collective that it wouldn't be worth continuing, but if you differentiate in your projects while the drive on Maloria is slow, you will end up looking at your project in a more positive way in the future. While it might be an interesting project to work on, it is not necessary to burn yourself out over it as it's not integral in the eyes of most of the community we have. Helping out the servers that do contribute towards Graal's image at times like this, even on mini projects, would probably be more beneficial to the game, players, and yourselves right now.

Then again, even if you give up complete I'm sure somebody will try to make a revival project out of it down the line.

Last edited by Rufus; 10-31-2009 at 04:56 AM..
Old 10-31-2009, 05:42 AM
Scouser is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
As you may have noticed, Maloria is not online. We had planned on getting it back around the 25th (since we knew it would go down around then), but since it went down our thoughts have moved more towards "It won't be worth getting it back up", or at least based on the input given by staff so far.

We're going to make our final decision within the next week, but at the moment we really are leaning towards just letting it die, which is kind of a shame if you ask me. I just guess none of the current staff feel motivated enough with it?

Maloria staff, please do read and post your input here if you for some reason don't browse our forums but manage to stumple upon this thread.
Dont, Maloria's Graals last hope. Its the only server, i can see, as half decent.
If you cant finish it, atleast pass it on to somebody that can. Nobody wants a great server to dwindle away.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:47 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
I'd be more than willing to devote more time to Maloria, it's just something about it put's me off of the idea...

Maybe it's because of Symphonia >< I've always worked on it and am used to planning how to make it different. Going to Maloria made me feel like I was working on something going a little more with the flow of someone else's generic idea's >>;....Not to say I wasn't impressed though, I really liked how professional the scripts were made to be (or at least...sounded) and looked. Like Galdor, I love the fire spell. :3
The levels are horrible ;_; I told you like 100 times...
<3~