Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2002, 10:38 AM
Forbidden
G_yoshi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to G_yoshi
Quote:
Originally posted by Googi
One thing though, will people who have paid for the Graal2001 still need to pay the $15 for the other servers?
As unixmad said, those already having paid or have currently upgraded their account for p2p services will get lifetime membership status
Old 04-13-2002, 10:41 AM
Vincent_TK is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Vincent_TK
Quote:
Originally posted by G_yoshi

-_- You absolutely missed what I said. If ads are the only source of revenue, then they are losing money on a constant basis...sorry, YOU LOSE :x
I didnt think you were talking about Graal as a whole since most of us are talking about Classic, and thats what im talking about. I could care less about the other servers, Classic should remain free, the adds and the other servers could be bringing in revenue for Stefan and Unixmad. I would rather have Classic free but there still be p2p servers, maybe have it so when you log in to your p2p account, the adds arent viewable.
Old 04-13-2002, 10:47 AM
Forbidden
G_yoshi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to G_yoshi
Quote:
Originally posted by Vincent_TK

I didnt think you were talking about Graal as a whole since most of us are talking about Classic, and thats what im talking about. I could care less about the other servers, Classic should remain free, the adds and the other servers could be bringing in revenue for Stefan and Unixmad. I would rather have Classic free but there still be p2p servers, maybe have it so when you log in to your p2p account, the adds arent viewable.
doesn't matter, with people simply freeloading that's money down the drain...technically, it still will be free, just your player data is not saved
Old 04-13-2002, 11:01 AM
slick_soul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Slaktmaster
The team soundoff people should just **** off and die.

Seems from your many posts on the SG111 Forums you're in favor of lots of the things they present.
Chap: Oh yes i forgot AHHHHHH
Old 04-13-2002, 11:43 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
To the people complaining:

I would love to see how you would go about hosting a mmorpg with over a dozen servers on it, and 1000's of users online a day eating up so much bandwidth that it would make your head spin. You couldn't run that from your home computer.

It takes serious server power to run Graal, and I highly doubt unixmad and stefan are rolling in money and laughing at everyone paying.

All of the stupid illegal Graal server projects crack me up. Educational purposes? You're backing all of your faith into that? Maybe you need to go GET an education. That's like saying "I'm going to completely take apart Windows, modify it, and give it away for free, oh and I can do this because it's for educational purposes"

You have to get the owner's permission before you can use their code for ANYTHING. You have not done this, you have stolen code, and then claimed you're only using it for educational purposes along with your "donations" on the side.

Back on the subject of paying.. Fifteen dollars is NOTHING. If you can't afford fifteen dollars, why do you even have internet access?

You play Graal on a daily basis, you get enjoyment from the game (obviously), yet you're going to riot when you have to pay a measily 15 dollars for LIFE.

People dish out over 25 dollars a MONTH in order to play ONE online game, where you're 1 out of 1032412412 other people playing, and you have no personal identity at all, your work (levels, scripts, graphics) would never get online, you couldn't run your own playerworld, you couldn't talk with the creators and owners of the game personally. You would be another face in the commercial gaming crowd. That is what holds Graal apart from so many other games. That is why it's worth 15 dollars.

If you don't think it's worth 15 dollars because you don't like how the game is managed, then why are you complaining anyway? LEAVE. We don't need people that hate Graal, playing Graal. That is why I love the fact that all people will have to pay now.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 04-13-2002, 11:46 AM
Psychopathic
Shorty2Dope is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Shorty2Dope Send a message via Yahoo to Shorty2Dope
Quote:
Originally posted by fugitive316

Oh no, I wasn't thinking because I felt like saying an opinion! It's to bad I didn't quote anyone's post, therefore not refering to any single post. More or less saying a general statement. I can't post my thoughts?

Perhaps one of us wasn't thinking. Indeed.
I will ignore your entire post because when I said 'that person wasn't thinking', I was referring to the one from the n-pulse forums or whatever, not you. The person obviously wasn't thinking or was just another ignorant kid who can't understand simple things.

I did not say you can't have an opinion or post your thoughts... I am all up for hearing what people have to say. I may not like what they say or what they say may be stupid (to me). But I am not some ******* who doesn’t listen to others opinions or thoughts on a subject.
Old 04-13-2002, 11:49 AM
toad@graal:~$ ./Oldbie
toad1413 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to toad1413
Quote:
Originally posted by konidias

I would love to see how you would go about hosting a mmorpg with over a dozen servers on it, and 1000's of users online a day eating up so much bandwidth that it would make your head spin. You couldn't run that from your home computer.

It takes serious server power to run Graal, and I highly doubt unixmad and stefan are rolling in money and laughing at everyone paying.

All of the stupid illegal Graal server projects crack me up. Educational purposes? You're backing all of your faith into that? Maybe you need to go GET an education. That's like saying "I'm going to completely take apart Windows, modify it, and give it away for free, oh and I can do this because it's for educational purposes"

You have to get the owner's permission before you can use their code for ANYTHING. You have not done this, you have stolen code, and then claimed you're only using it for educational purposes along with your "donations" on the side.

Back on the subject of paying.. Fifteen dollars is NOTHING. If you can't afford fifteen dollars, why do you even have internet access?

You play Graal on a daily basis, you get enjoyment from the game (obviously), yet you're going to riot when you have to pay a measily 15 dollars for LIFE.

People dish out over 25 dollars a MONTH in order to play ONE online game, where you're 1 out of 1032412412 other people playing, and you have no personal identity at all, your work (levels, scripts, graphics) would never get online, you couldn't run your own playerworld, you couldn't talk with the creators and owners of the game personally. You would be another face in the commercial gaming crowd. That is what holds Graal apart from so many other games. That is why it's worth 15 dollars.

If you don't think it's worth 15 dollars because you don't like how the game is managed, then why are you complaining anyway? LEAVE. We don't need people that hate Graal, playing Graal. That is why I love the fact that all people will have to pay now.
BRAVO.

Although, that's most likely $15 American, which translates to about $30 Australian. And that will turn some people away, unfortunatly.
Old 04-13-2002, 11:57 AM
Psychopathic
Shorty2Dope is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Shorty2Dope Send a message via Yahoo to Shorty2Dope
Quote:

Old 04-13-2002, 12:13 PM
slick_soul is on a distinguished road
I got an idea the people that complain about all of this are wasting there time because stefan and uni wont change it . Think of this change as a get rid of noob change , if you dont ahve a p2p ur a noob . j/k but you should get one they are worth it so lets just sit back cuz we still have like 2 months until it changes (i hope i'm correct) and enough with this armagedon of graal crap k? good
Chap: Oh yes i forgot AHHHHHH
Old 04-13-2002, 12:58 PM
Shadow Knight is on a distinguished road
im gonna wait and see how the changes go before i past judgment, and 15$ isnt that much at all. Other online games cost alot more and have alot less stuff then graal and isnt as flexable.
Old 04-13-2002, 03:14 PM
Poof! I am God
Bird2prey is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Bird2prey Send a message via Yahoo to Bird2prey
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow Knight
im gonna wait and see how the changes go before i past judgment, and 15$ isnt that much at all. Other online games cost alot more and have alot less stuff then graal and isnt as flexable.
There ARE MMORPGs better than Graal, there's no denying it. They tend to cost a lot more however. >.>

Extra Hairy Chicken!
Extra Filthy Chicken!

And for you folks who like to wrestle down a good meal, Extra Surly Chicken! Folks come as far as Dirtbag Detroit just to lick our chickens. And remember, if you can't keep it down - YOU EAT FOR FREE!
Old 04-13-2002, 03:22 PM
Script Monkey
Kaimetsu will become famous soon enough
Re: In my (somewhat questionable) opinion...

Quote:
Originally posted by GrowlZP2P
We will lose a sizable chunk of skilled Graal players who disapprove of this idea.
That's like saying NO to weedkiller because it will, in fact, kill weeds.
Old 04-13-2002, 04:39 PM
what up
ZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Re: In my (somewhat questionable) opinion...

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaimetsu

HAHAHAHA OWN.
Old 04-13-2002, 05:16 PM
Poof! I am God
Bird2prey is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Bird2prey Send a message via Yahoo to Bird2prey
Re: Re: In my (somewhat questionable) opinion...

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaimetsu

Heh heh heh...

Extra Hairy Chicken!
Extra Filthy Chicken!

And for you folks who like to wrestle down a good meal, Extra Surly Chicken! Folks come as far as Dirtbag Detroit just to lick our chickens. And remember, if you can't keep it down - YOU EAT FOR FREE!
Old 04-13-2002, 09:22 PM
Über-1337 Member
DarkPyro_2001 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to DarkPyro_2001 Send a message via AIM to DarkPyro_2001 Send a message via Yahoo to DarkPyro_2001
Quote:
I bet they are, and they're playing Mario Kart while they do it, too!

NoFace (3/25/02 8:42:10 PM):
Mass message:
how do u get the trident to work?