Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > N-Pulse Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #46  
Old 05-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Vima Vima is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 542
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sephiroth View Post
I still stand by my point. One person can't be a team of "Global Development" in levels. It's unrealistic and stupid. With the amount of servers right now that could use a Global Levels Team, the fact that you're around right now doesn't help more than whatever one server you're helping. Cause in reality, if you're helping more than one server with levels, you're either working 24/7 on them or you're not devoting the effort required for the server to succeed.
So far no server has reached the GDT saying that they need to use our services.
__________________
*aka SwedishKing*
  #47  
Old 05-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Lord Sephiroth Lord Sephiroth is offline
Babylon OG
Lord Sephiroth's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 798
Lord Sephiroth will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Lord Sephiroth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vima View Post
So far no server has reached the GDT saying that they need to use our services.
That's kinda beside the point. I'm not really talking about the demand for the GDT, I'm talking about the overall effectiveness that the current levels department would have, even if they were being contacted.
__________________
Babylonian; wherever I or it may lay.
  #48  
Old 05-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Soala Soala is offline
Ideas on Fire
Soala's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In my head
Posts: 3,208
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
I know a decent amount of great level designers, but I can't just force people to join the team. If they want to be part of it, they have to apply. I will never randomly choose people I know of.

Talking about the GDT, I keep hearing we are just a bunch of lazy developers and, even better, that I'm not doing my job as a leader. That is not true at all, we do discuss about a lot of things, and you have yet to see any work from us because:

-Some projects are not done completely
-We are not working 24/7
-I'm still waiting for someone to request our help
-Still waiting for some features to change too (gold disabled for the wiki for example)

Err, sorry but I had to say it. For anyone that happen to read this, stop thinking we are lazy, because we are here, right infront of you, always ready to help.
  #49  
Old 05-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Lord Sephiroth Lord Sephiroth is offline
Babylon OG
Lord Sephiroth's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 798
Lord Sephiroth will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Lord Sephiroth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soala View Post
I know a decent amount of great level designers, but I can't just force people to join the team. If they want to be part of it, they have to apply. I will never randomly choose people I know of.

Talking about the GDT, I keep hearing we are just a bunch of lazy developers and, even better, that I'm not doing my job as a leader. That is not true at all, we do discuss about a lot of things, and you have yet to see any work from us because:

-Some projects are not done completely
-We are not working 24/7
-I'm still waiting for someone to request our help
-Still waiting for some features to change too (gold disabled for the wiki for example)

Err, sorry but I had to say it. For anyone that happen to read this, stop thinking we are lazy, because we are here, right infront of you, always ready to help.
*eye roll*

I don't know who this is directed at exactly, because you used a few words I did so it makes me think me, but on the other hand you're not addressing anything that I am.

I wasn't saying the team is a bunch of lazy developers, or that you're not running the team effectively or whatever you're trying to say. All I'm saying is that overall, if requested, the levels department of the GDT wouldn't be effectively put to use, whether it be because the designers you know don't want to join the team, or they have other comittments or whatever reason they have for not being on the team. The current team, as it is, wouldn't be effective.

Jesus.
__________________
Babylonian; wherever I or it may lay.
  #50  
Old 05-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Vima Vima is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 542
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
Lord Sephiroth,
so far the levels department haven't been a problem while making our projects. It have rather been the scripts. It doesn't matter if we are two LATs or seven.
I don't know what we are arguing about, but I got offended when you called the level department:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sephiroth View Post
The GDT in terms of levels team is useless because they either aren't quality or aren't around..
I just don't like it when people talk about something that they basically have no clue about.
__________________
*aka SwedishKing*
  #51  
Old 05-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Lord Sephiroth Lord Sephiroth is offline
Babylon OG
Lord Sephiroth's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 798
Lord Sephiroth will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Lord Sephiroth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vima View Post
I just don't like it when people talk about something that they basically have no clue about.
And I get offended with self righteous *******s think they can talk down to me assuming that I have "no clue about" what I'm talking about. Just because I'm not on the team or know what your current projects are doesn't mean I don't have an opinion. I stay out of things I don't have any idea about, in this instance I think I've got a pretty good grasp.

Opinions vary. Deal with it.
__________________
Babylonian; wherever I or it may lay.
  #52  
Old 05-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Tones Tones is offline
Snugglykinzpop
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 8
Tones is on a distinguished road
poor npulse rebirth progress thread!
__________________
Tones
  #53  
Old 05-01-2010, 03:27 PM
adam adam is offline
http://wiki.graal.us/
adam's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,247
adam has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to adam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tones View Post
poor npulse rebirth progress thread!
Totally
__________________
Rogue Shadow (TCN)(NAT)(Global Development Team)

For development help, contact the patrons of the #graaldt irc channel below, I am usually there.
Click Here to Join IRC Chat Now! -- irc.freenode.net Channel: #graaldt
Quote:
<Dustyshouri> no, RogueShadow is always talking about scripts lol
<Dustyshouri> in fact, he pretty much brought Graal back as a topic single-handedly
  #54  
Old 05-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Fulg0reSama Fulg0reSama is offline
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,049
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Im loving this Vima vs. Lord Seph debate.

Vima is talking about numbers and Seph is talking about Efficiency.

I got money on Seph this will go well for him. Any takers?

But on a on topic note, Yeah we're in need of a ganiist or two whilist some scripting.
__________________

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
  #55  
Old 05-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Vima Vima is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 542
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sephiroth View Post
And I get offended with self righteous *******s think they can talk down to me assuming that I have "no clue about" what I'm talking about. Just because I'm not on the team or know what your current projects are doesn't mean I don't have an opinion. I stay out of things I don't have any idea about, in this instance I think I've got a pretty good grasp.

Opinions vary. Deal with it.
If you have, like you say, a pretty good view on how it is in the GDT Team right now.Maybe you could give me some examples about previous situations that specificly the level department have done to show that they're not efficent enough, or efficent as the other departments in GDT.

Could you PM this to me, because this is not the right place to discuss about this.

Thanks!

- and I apologize to the thread starter that I interrupted the thread, I just had to do it since it was criticism directly towards me. -
__________________
*aka SwedishKing*
  #56  
Old 05-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Matt Matt is offline
iZone Administrator
Matt's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 2,690
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via Skype™ to Matt
Lets all stop being dramatic and stay on topic, please.

Also, the Gani App will be closed on our site for a bit because i am going to re-do it.
__________________
Need Playerworld or Account support?
GraalOnline/Toonslab Support Center
  #57  
Old 05-01-2010, 06:15 PM
SlikRick SlikRick is offline
Retired
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Minnesota,USA
Posts: 685
SlikRick is on a distinguished road
Yeah I'm with Matt if you guys want to keep arguing either take it to PMs or create your own thread because this is not the place for it.
  #58  
Old 05-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Clockwork Clockwork is offline
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,071
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Clockwork
I requested help for symphonia awhile ago, once to everyone, and then to individuals.

No GDT has helped yet, I was pretty much ignored.
__________________
  #59  
Old 05-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Matt Matt is offline
iZone Administrator
Matt's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 2,690
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via Skype™ to Matt
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
I requested help for symphonia awhile ago, once to everyone, and then to individuals.

No GDT has helped yet, I was pretty much ignored.
Soala visited N-Pulse yesterday, and offered to make some images for us. I just gave him a list of GFX Team assignments because i was in a rush, but he got a decent amount done.

Keep in mind the PWA is in-charge of the GDT, so i suggest any complaints you have (or anyone else has), forward them to Soala first, then Bell and Tig if you're still having problems receiving help for your server.
__________________
Need Playerworld or Account support?
GraalOnline/Toonslab Support Center
  #60  
Old 05-03-2010, 01:02 PM
WanDaMan WanDaMan is offline
Master Tux
WanDaMan's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,571
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Because WDM is active on Graal and Vima isn't too busy with Aeon right?
'Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all'; how's moderating the Level Design forum?
__________________
V$:CONFL16T
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.