Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 07-16-2007, 04:55 PM
cyan3 cyan3 is offline
Registered User
cyan3's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: England
Posts: 2,919
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
If a shop came on Graal Kingdoms it will make the new players more lazy than they are now. I mean when most of us started we didin't beg for items and said everything was unbalanced i think taking away start.gmap has made the new players weak and want everything for free.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-16-2007, 05:27 PM
dNeonb dNeonb is offline
OOB
dNeonb's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,240
dNeonb is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to dNeonb Send a message via AIM to dNeonb Send a message via Yahoo to dNeonb Send a message via Skype™ to dNeonb
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
If a shop came on Graal Kingdoms it will make the new players more lazy than they are now. I mean when most of us started we didin't beg for items and said everything was unbalanced i think taking away start.gmap has made the new players weak and want everything for free.
I don't think that it has to be this way. If it was something like making a costum playerhouse inside. It would be quite fine becasue it's not really releated to if you are new to the server or not. But things like weapons and "newb start kit's" is not good, I agree with that.

Maybe it could be that way that you can rent a bussines with that like 10 Gelat a month or so and you can make you own shop you can stock with items, or a tavern like MMT or so. That would be a nice thing I guess.
__________________

Forum PM
AIM GraalNeoN
ICQ 201894166
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-16-2007, 06:50 PM
Ravenblade1979 Ravenblade1979 is offline
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Posts: 3,151
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Been wondering when I would have to start paying rent with MMT..lol
__________________
If love can be funny then why can it write bad jokes?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-16-2007, 07:45 PM
Butz Butz is offline
Foxy
Butz's Avatar
Join Date: May 2001
Location: New York State
Posts: 2,831
Butz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Butz
Well, I like the idea of things like house upgrades, and cosmetic changes.

Maybe make the cosmetic changes something like:

Scroll of Flame Shield Illusion: Transforms the look of any marked shield into a flame shield. Stats remain the same, the item can no longer be traded. Shield is renamed similarly to prepped weapons. (i.e. Butz's Shield of the Sun +6 (Flame Shield Illusion) (Stats go here) )

And so on... Of course, make sure that the designs in the shop are unique from anything that can be found in game normally. Maybe even have contests occasionally to have player designs added into the shop. (Bring back some of the player customization that Graal has been lacking in recent years)
__________________

FoxKelfonne @ DeviantART(updated: Dec 14, 2010)
Many Thanks to konidias for my avatar



Shawn Kelfonne - Aegis Mage of Dustari
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-16-2007, 09:14 PM
cyan3 cyan3 is offline
Registered User
cyan3's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: England
Posts: 2,919
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by dNeonb View Post
I don't think that it has to be this way. If it was something like making a costum playerhouse inside. It would be quite fine becasue it's not really releated to if you are new to the server or not. But things like weapons and "newb start kit's" is not good, I agree with that.

Maybe it could be that way that you can rent a bussines with that like 10 Gelat a month or so and you can make you own shop you can stock with items, or a tavern like MMT or so. That would be a nice thing I guess.
If it were just house upgrade scrolls i guess it will be ok but i don't approve of weapons/diamonds ect.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-16-2007, 09:44 PM
Switch Switch is offline
o.o
Switch's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 3,038
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
well, unless they were gfor like 100gelat each... the weps I mean... and only holiday items, not old deleted items (not deleted but cant get anymore) i'd be fine
__________________
Oh squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the peripheral of my vision.
But when I try to look at you, you scurry away.
Are you shy, squiggly line?
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-16-2007, 11:27 PM
dNeonb dNeonb is offline
OOB
dNeonb's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,240
dNeonb is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to dNeonb Send a message via AIM to dNeonb Send a message via Yahoo to dNeonb Send a message via Skype™ to dNeonb
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
If it were just house upgrade scrolls i guess it will be ok but i don't approve of weapons/diamonds ect.
I wouldn't like to see things like weapons and diamonds, too.

.. so no not even that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
well, unless they were gfor like 100gelat each... the weps I mean... and only holiday items, not old deleted items (not deleted but cant get anymore) i'd be fine
__________________

Forum PM
AIM GraalNeoN
ICQ 201894166
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-17-2007, 04:53 PM
Ravenblade1979 Ravenblade1979 is offline
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Posts: 3,151
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by dNeonb View Post
I wouldn't like to see things like weapons and diamonds, too.

.. so no not even that.
I just threw the list together quickly. It can be changed not to include weapons and diamonds.
__________________
If love can be funny then why can it write bad jokes?
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-17-2007, 06:09 PM
Switch Switch is offline
o.o
Switch's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 3,038
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
What about my idea??
__________________
Oh squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the peripheral of my vision.
But when I try to look at you, you scurry away.
Are you shy, squiggly line?
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 07-18-2007, 02:02 PM
sage_scooby sage_scooby is offline
"seized by somnolence"
sage_scooby's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: MN USA
Posts: 605
sage_scooby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butz View Post
Well, I like the idea of things like house upgrades, and cosmetic changes.

Maybe make the cosmetic changes something like:

Scroll of Flame Shield Illusion: Transforms the look of any marked shield into a flame shield. Stats remain the same, the item can no longer be traded. Shield is renamed similarly to prepped weapons. (i.e. Butz's Shield of the Sun +6 (Flame Shield Illusion) (Stats go here) )

And so on... Of course, make sure that the designs in the shop are unique from anything that can be found in game normally. Maybe even have contests occasionally to have player designs added into the shop. (Bring back some of the player customization that Graal has been lacking in recent years)
Cosmetics and house upgrades.
__________________
Aeon!Sage Cypher (Special Aeon Person)

________________________________
Retired Governor Sage Cypher (Crescent Pirates)
________________________________
Contact Info:
-[email protected]
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 07-18-2007, 05:04 PM
Ravenblade1979 Ravenblade1979 is offline
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Posts: 3,151
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Umm anyways Unixmad is going to talk to stefan about this idea. So its out of my hands now unless they come to me asking me what should be sold.
__________________
If love can be funny then why can it write bad jokes?
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 08-27-2007, 08:50 PM
Admins Admins is offline
Graal Administration
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Admins
Posts: 11,693
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage_scooby View Post
Cosmetics and house upgrades.
Sounds good. Most games sell items mainly for the look of the player or pets, or give items which help you in certain situations, but avoid giving out items that are too powerful. Powerful items and stats should be something you gain in the game by working hard / investing a lot of time into it, and make you resubscribe.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 08-27-2007, 10:23 PM
Switch Switch is offline
o.o
Switch's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 3,038
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admins View Post
Sounds good. Most games sell items mainly for the look of the player or pets, or give items which help you in certain situations, but avoid giving out items that are too powerful. Powerful items and stats should be something you gain in the game by working hard / investing a lot of time into it, and make you resubscribe.
*Resubscribes*
Now make more powerful items that you can obtain ingame without having it be a christmas or holiday item and don't delete it later.


All good weps and stuff that's happened to );
__________________
Oh squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the peripheral of my vision.
But when I try to look at you, you scurry away.
Are you shy, squiggly line?
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 09-17-2007, 09:28 AM
ViperZakuto ViperZakuto is offline
Duergar
ViperZakuto's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 1,220
ViperZakuto is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admins View Post
Sounds good. Most games sell items mainly for the look of the player or pets, or give items which help you in certain situations, but avoid giving out items that are too powerful. Powerful items and stats should be something you gain in the game by working hard / investing a lot of time into it, and make you resubscribe.
yeah but if you make stuff for pets limit 1 pet per person... and change it so that they eat if there health drops below 25% is food around, even if your not there. 1 per person is not that many horses on the server. Then disable mating =D cause it would be useless. not like you could trade a horse you mated very easy anyways.

also fix the bug where if you drop 2 or more of any kind of food. the horse will eat it, but there will still be the same amount of food that you lay down. so you lose nothing. =/

Also add in the wings for GK in this shop. =D they don't have to do anything.. just look cool. Always remember if you make the prices low enough... you will sell more... so try not to shoot too high for prices =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butz View Post
Well, I like the idea of things like house upgrades, and cosmetic changes.

Maybe make the cosmetic changes something like:

Scroll of Flame Shield Illusion: Transforms the look of any marked shield into a flame shield. Stats remain the same, the item can no longer be traded. Shield is renamed similarly to prepped weapons. (i.e. Butz's Shield of the Sun +6 (Flame Shield Illusion) (Stats go here) )

And so on... Of course, make sure that the designs in the shop are unique from anything that can be found in game normally. Maybe even have contests occasionally to have player designs added into the shop. (Bring back some of the player customization that Graal has been lacking in recent years)
that would be cool. but, make it so that the item that will cover one specific slot, and can be removed at anytime... but not traded if wished.

If you make it so it add's it on to the item.. then that will make the item untradable and that would make items even rarer.

Last edited by ViperZakuto; 09-17-2007 at 09:40 AM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.