Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2011, 11:13 PM
WaDaFack is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsknite1 View Post
This is not true. UN has many ideas for "gelat items" and are currently being developed. In fact, a few are already completed.
To FP4: we have more in mind than just flashy NPCs and hats
Before releasing useless NPCs, why not improve the quality of the server first? So when newcomers join the server, they'll stay and maybe consider purchasing an item or two. However, if the server is total crap, why in the hell would they spend another penny on the server? Hundreds of bugs in the UN forums were posted, and barely any of them were even fixed. In fact, wtf was even the point of creating that section? For a server that has existed for almost 10years, it lacks major quality. Reason probably being the lazy, arrogant staff/developers you guys have. But that's a different topic for another time. FP4 is right, we have "flashy"/abusive hats, and a hat trade. Which is also turning to complete crap since 5 hat tickets are given out every month.
Facebook is the biggest, and fastest growing social network on the web.
Adding Graal to Facebook has to be probably one of the best advancements Eurocenter has done with Graal so far. Other than that, any news on the new Developer tools?!

Last edited by WaDaFack; 03-21-2011 at 11:24 PM..
Old 03-21-2011, 11:25 PM
Thug
Zero is on a distinguished road
Hurry Up and Release Android Version.... Geez

Last edited by Zero; 03-21-2011 at 11:36 PM..
Old 03-22-2011, 12:10 AM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
G3D has no chance. There are many companies making 3D games right now with budgets of hundreds of millions of dollars for a single game. Eurocenter cannot compete, and they shouldn't try to. You're essentially saying that Graal should become an entirely different product even though they have now found a strategy that seems to work.
No I'm not. I'm saying that Graal should be improved upon as a game like Eurocenter is doing with all of the other ones. Hire a few developers to make a server that is a full game, advertise it, bring in players, invest some more in it.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:38 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
No I'm not. I'm saying that Graal should be improved upon as a game like Eurocenter is doing with all of the other ones. Hire a few developers to make a server that is a full game, advertise it, bring in players, invest some more in it.
Then why are you suggesting they work on G3D? That's not an improvement, that's a totally different game.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:42 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
This thread basically says that Graal is not done, that there will be things done to improve it. If they are gonna rebuild Graal3D, then they don't have to do it ASAP.

On the other hand, I think that users on Facebook should log into Era PC and Classic PC, not the iPhone servers.

Advantages:
  • This will prevent the need of hiring a brand new staff team to manage the server.
  • Stefan will not be needed to integrate the iPhone server's content onto the Facebook server.
  • This would generate a lot of players for Era and Classic, which I'm sure is a good thing
  • Era has a gelat shop that could be edited a little bit to become a "Facebook Credit Shop"
  • It is my understanding that Classic has some interesting new things coming that would go absolultely perfect as things to buy.

It just seems to be a win-win situation. Not only would it generate a bigger playercount for Graal PC, especially these two servers, but you guys would get your fair share of cash- more than you would get in this current plan, in my opinoin.

I would not object to having to wait another month or two, or even longer if time was needed to rework these systems. Hopefully you'll read this and listen... I really hope so.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.

Last edited by MattKan; 03-22-2011 at 01:18 AM..
Old 03-22-2011, 02:23 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsknite1 View Post
This is not true. UN has many ideas for "gelat items" and are currently being developed. In fact, a few are already completed.
To FP4: we have more in mind than just flashy NPCs and hats
i could care less about the stuff that has not been developed yet. if a "item's for UN" project is underway then i really hope you choose what you make delicately. player aesthetics and other such nonsense (which UN has a plethora of) would be fine so long as it doesn't force me to buy gelats for something i need in order to participate

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
If they don't want to attempt to think outside the box then yeah they won't be able to introduce micro-transactions.

UN has a "hat economy" right? There's nothing stopping them from flooding their shop with a bunch of custom hats for say 25-50 Gelats a pop. I'm sure they can also provide a bunch of other aesthetic items as well.

The competence of the people running the server will decide whether it becomes Free-to-play or not. Not the limited options you say they'll have.
the "hat economy" is pretty rigid, and it is unfortunately the only thing going for UN in terms of spending power. i know that there are plans for hats in the works, but not in terms of them being for the "item-shop" C mentioned. making hat's purchasable with gelats is a good idea, though it tramples on EP and the point of events (since it would mean we'd have to either make the gelat purchases very small or increase the amount of EP player's have to spend). if done with care, it could work out

but really, what else does UN really have going for it other than hats and a few annoying NPCs?
Old 03-22-2011, 02:28 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
DEAR UN: MAKE HATS PURCHASABLE WITH GELATS
but make those hats untradeable. If Valve can do it, so can you.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:33 AM
the painkiller
iBreez has a little shameless behaviour in the past
My god, this is probably the best business choice you guys have made.
Just please, make sure there's a way to sync our facebook, ipods/iphones/ipads, and Graal accounts all together when it's released.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
Half the world plays farmville.
And soon half of the world could be playing graal.

All I can say is that once the facebook version is publicly released, you guys better be hell ready for server heart-attacks if you don't put a cap on how many people can go on each one, and create multiple, like runescape.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:42 AM
Workin' on It
PhilSmith is on a distinguished road
Here are some of the highlights I've noticed:
-New Development Tools! Woot! Don't know much about them yet, but they are bound to be better than the GS1 Level Editor
-Graal For Android! I don't have an Android phone, but in speaking from an iPhone players perspective, I'm sure it will be a huge success!
-V6 Client/Web Based Playing

-and in saving the best for last...-
FACEBOOK!

This will surely bring in the revenue to Graal. But don't you think that 1/10 players might wander over to the PC version? Seeing that the prices are RIDICULOUS they might get turned away. Wouldn't it be a better business strategy to make sure you don't lose customers that already like the game to look into the PC version? Maybe lower it to $10 or $15 (just while the developers on the servers get some in-game purchasing going)? Then these people wouldn't get turned away...

Just my thoughts and opinions
Overall very positive
Old 03-22-2011, 03:45 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilSmith View Post
Here are some of the highlights I've noticed:
-New Development Tools! Woot! Don't know much about them yet, but they are bound to be better than the GS1 Level Editor
-Graal For Android! I don't have an Android phone, but in speaking from an iPhone players perspective, I'm sure it will be a huge success!
-V6 Client/Web Based Playing

-and in saving the best for last...-
FACEBOOK!

This will surely bring in the revenue to Graal. But don't you think that 1/10 players might wander over to the PC version? Seeing that the prices are RIDICULOUS they might get turned away. Wouldn't it be a better business strategy to make sure you don't lose customers that already like the game to look into the PC version? Maybe lower it to $10 or $15 (just while the developers on the servers get some in-game purchasing going)? Then these people wouldn't get turned away...

Just my thoughts and opinions
Overall very positive
Well, there's always the "new pricing plan", which hopefully is coming up soon with the release of v6; it seems that lots of big servers, such as UN and Classic, are getting ready for this buy adding items that are buyable with gelats... So we will see
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:53 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
I guess the next thing we'll get to find out if Graal is technically scalable and if it'll be able to supply the potential demand.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:55 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
I guess the next thing we'll get to find out if Graal is technically scalable and if it'll be able to supply the potential demand.
If we know anything about how servers work at any platform, it's that it'll need to be able to bring out a lot of frequent updates and possibly different variations of servers, otherwise we won't be able to hit the market with the highest potential peak.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:55 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Someone mentioned to me that they were outsourcing their hosting to Amazon's services (like App Engine, but I'm not as familiar with Amazon's) which would provide almost infinite scalability. I don't know if it's true, but Stefan seems to know what he's doing most of the time regarding server software.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:39 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
I can't remember so much of what is in this thread, but I have a question.

How is staff going to be handled for the facebook servers exactly?

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:42 AM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Then why are you suggesting they work on G3D? That's not an improvement, that's a totally different game.
Like I said, they gave up something with potential (G3D) because of poor management. I'm not suggesting they work on it now, but that they keep giving up things and making new things, thinning out the developer community which will output less updates, lose people's interest, etc.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.