Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2011, 05:05 PM
Retired Zone Manager
PowerProNL can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to PowerProNL
Developers help graal alot, why not making developing for gold and non gold, Unixmad will make more money with it, because half of the developers of graal doesn't have gold, or quit because they don't have money to develope.

also playercount will increase alot because graal is progressing somewere when the developers are back.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:48 PM
The Forum Bandit
Shadow5596321 will become famous soon enough
Its not that they don't have the money to buy it, its that its not worth it.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:28 PM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
I say it is both, not worth it, and I for one don't have the money for it.. but again even if I did I wouldn't..

I agree it would bring in a LOT more developers, and crap might actually get done to servers.. I love Graal due to the fact it is an awesome Dev type thing.. but not many people can.. Even I can't on many servers except testbed.. I can't edit levels on testbed because updating them resets them to their original status.. which is good so people like Kobe don't warp to me and mess crap up..

I had to make a system to keep 'banned' people out of my level, and keep me inside my level. >.>

Elix7 or w/e and Kobe seriously annoying.. And having the textfile didn't keep people out lol

But yeah, I agree, it would be awesome to have anyone be able to develop an amazing server... Well use RC at least.. I'm unsure if you meant to have a server or not so I will assume not.

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 05-01-2011, 09:45 PM
David K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Currently, the gold servers are lower quality than some UC servers. It's beneficial to no one, as lifetime classic people will feel ripped off having only free access to these awful servers, and people seldom pay to access the gold servers anyway.
I agree with this.. I could care less about the gold servers... Zone is fun to get on and start shooting randomly since no one is ever on..

Graal Kingdoms I couldn't pass the tutorial and loosing teeth or barfing over and over isn't my thing. I still get on every once in a while the the hope to get somewhere but nope.

Why would I want to pay, or even have free access to them? xD
I hardly get on the classic servers either.. UN does have some games I like to play though... I might invite an ipod player to play with me but a lot of the games Trials cannot play..

I spend most of my time on Facebook, Testbed, Frontier, Classic and sadly lastly, iPod Classic. I should get on iPod Classic more often. :C

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 05-02-2011, 09:40 PM
Registered theRapist
Kappa00p2p is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Kappa00p2p
I remember when all development could be done completely offline.

-Kappa
Old 05-02-2011, 11:38 PM
David K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa00p2p View Post
I remember when all development could be done completely offline.
I remember when you could press an F key and take the level and it's scripts :3

-edit-
I didn't know I doubleposted above D: gah

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 05-03-2011, 01:47 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5596321 View Post
Its not that they don't have the money to buy it, its that its not worth it.
Agreed
Old 05-05-2011, 08:04 PM
Retired Zone Manager
OK who the **** negative rep me for this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerProNL View Post
Developers help graal alot, why not making developing for gold and non gold, Unixmad will make more money with it, because half of the developers of graal doesn't have gold, or quit because they don't have money to develope.

also playercount will increase alot because graal is progressing somewere when the developers are back.
Preparing for what's to... 05-03-2011 03:57 AM Don't try neg reppin' *****.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:19 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
To be honest, and i don't mean to sound rude, but i think that graal has got the prices bang tidy on the dot wham. I mean, no wonder they succeed so much with their money pits they call "iPhone servers"
Old 05-06-2011, 09:22 PM
David K?
Quote:
OK who the **** negative rep me for this:

Preparing for what's to... 05-03-2011 03:57 AM Don't try neg reppin' *****.
I'll rep you, I doing see the point in rep, because most people do it for the wrong reasons. I don't believe someone should be in the negatives for that, and I actually agree with the post, so I will rep that post.

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 05-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Retired Zone Manager
Yay again a -rep for this -_-
Quote:

Is it really that bad idea?

Preparing for what's to... 05-06-2011 11:54 PM lol

Thanks, I am already at -7 rep points, Devil_Lord2 Saved -1 thanks for the +
Old 05-07-2011, 07:48 PM
David K?
I've received a negative rep for the positive rep given, I could care less about that, but at least give me the chance to explain why I agree. ;]

Because I know everyone loves when I explain things.

--------------------------------------------------

I believe Graal is a good social networking game, it has Avatars, and ways to talk to each other. It even has other nifty things you can do should the server owner create them.

I, myself, love Graal because of the whole developing areas.

When I first started around year 2000 I created a house and a GP helped me fix it on the server Auroria. I started to learn how to link my house which later helped me in my math class in middle school while we started learning X and Y co-ordinates. Later received my own GP spot.

I wanted to work on my house and make it better.. I slightly started learning GS1 and working with NPCs... Started using paint to make graphics and finding out I couldn't do much with it and started looking for GIF animating programs and a better drawing program; where I came across Paint Shop Pro 7. So Graal struck my interest in art "sort of giving me a disadvantage trying to learn Photoshop in college".

Creating graphics for my npcs made me want to start learning more commands in GS1 so I started a small notepad full of NPCs I wanted to create.. In middle school I'd do my work and think about different things I could try to make... I don't think this helped me much with Visual Basics, but I think it helped a little with C Programming.. I don't remember either anymore lol..

Self taught because you could use an F key to grab a level, I'd read other scripts and attempt to learn them, so my longest script was a clock where I copied and pasted a hell of a lot of lines so it would just keep going through them all and repeat... Then someone gave me a clock with about 10 lines or so, and I was devastated lmao..

Anyway, messaging on Graal I started learning basic HTML and that was useful for many things, and even my college class concerning website design.

Some of you may like Graal for other different things, but I find the Developing side extremely amazing, and I believe having options available to only the people who pay, the non-payers don't get much of a taste in developing, or would they want to try. If there are both free and non-free developing tools it would pull trials in more and they might want to pay to use the other functions.

Offline editors learning GS1 wouldn't be the same because once they do pay for a subscription to use RC and find out they have to learn an almost whole new system would deter them from ever playing again..

I couldn't care less what you guys think,
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerProNL
Developers help graal alot, why not making developing for gold and non gold,
I believe this would be great, and would keep people on more if they know about it.
But even fixing that, there are many people who don't care about the developing section as much as I do and only want to play a good server.. Well, it's up to the developers to make those good servers isn't it? Why not let more people train to develop for your favorite game.

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 05-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Retired Zone Manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Lord2 View Post
I've received a negative rep for the positive rep given, I could care less about that, but at least give me the chance to explain why I agree. ;]

Because I know everyone loves when I explain things.

--------------------------------------------------

I believe Graal is a good social networking game, it has Avatars, and ways to talk to each other. It even has other nifty things you can do should the server owner create them.

I, myself, love Graal because of the whole developing areas.

When I first started around year 2000 I created a house and a GP helped me fix it on the server Auroria. I started to learn how to link my house which later helped me in my math class in middle school while we started learning X and Y co-ordinates. Later received my own GP spot.

I wanted to work on my house and make it better.. I slightly started learning GS1 and working with NPCs... Started using paint to make graphics and finding out I couldn't do much with it and started looking for GIF animating programs and a better drawing program; where I came across Paint Shop Pro 7. So Graal struck my interest in art "sort of giving me a disadvantage trying to learn Photoshop in college".

Creating graphics for my npcs made me want to start learning more commands in GS1 so I started a small notepad full of NPCs I wanted to create.. In middle school I'd do my work and think about different things I could try to make... I don't think this helped me much with Visual Basics, but I think it helped a little with C Programming.. I don't remember either anymore lol..

Self taught because you could use an F key to grab a level, I'd read other scripts and attempt to learn them, so my longest script was a clock where I copied and pasted a hell of a lot of lines so it would just keep going through them all and repeat... Then someone gave me a clock with about 10 lines or so, and I was devastated lmao..

Anyway, messaging on Graal I started learning basic HTML and that was useful for many things, and even my college class concerning website design.

Some of you may like Graal for other different things, but I find the Developing side extremely amazing, and I believe having options available to only the people who pay, the non-payers don't get much of a taste in developing, or would they want to try. If there are both free and non-free developing tools it would pull trials in more and they might want to pay to use the other functions.

Offline editors learning GS1 wouldn't be the same because once they do pay for a subscription to use RC and find out they have to learn an almost whole new system would deter them from ever playing again..

I couldn't care less what you guys think,

I believe this would be great, and would keep people on more if they know about it.
But even fixing that, there are many people who don't care about the developing section as much as I do and only want to play a good server.. Well, it's up to the developers to make those good servers isn't it? Why not let more people train to develop for your favorite game.
I gave u a + rep =]

want to give again one:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Devil_Lord2 again.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:31 PM
David K?
Quote:
I gave u a + rep =]

want to give again one:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Devil_Lord2 again.
I received grey, which I believe is neutral, from you. But seriously don't worry about it, I could care less what rep I have... lol

It doesn't stop me from liking the fact that everyone should have a chance to 'taste' what they can do as a developer for Graal. I've quit Graal a few times, and I probably would have never come back if it wasn't for the fact that you could develop. I wouldn't have learned much from Graal if it wasn't for that either..

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 05-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Retired Zone Manager
You received neutral?

wtf?

I did:

[X] I Like This.
[ ] I don't like this.

[Submit]