Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2007, 04:34 AM
gess hew
lordbosh will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to lordbosh
Lightbulb Pirates!

Pirates!

The pirate enemies would spawn randomly on the water in different areas (excluding small bays of course which have no ship access). These would be like regular ships, and have black sails with red X's on them to mark them as pirate ships. They can wander and roam aimlessly searching for other ships to attack.

When they see a ship they will begin to fire and maneuver around to try to destroy your ship. If you board the ship you will have to fight 2 cannon crew guys on the above deck which will drop Pirate Cutlass at a low % chance, and a more common drop would be a Round Shield+1-5.

When you enter the cargo hold it will be set up like a single file maze with pirates all the way to the back. These pirates will be stronger and have hooks and axes and cutlasses as well, with higher chances of dropping their item(like by +1%).

In the back there is a chest, and a Pirate Captain and 2 crewmen. One will heal and one will cast magic, while the captain attacks you with dual wielded 1 cutlass and 1 hook. The captain should be able to move very fast and do a lot of physical damage, attacks of Physical, Poison(hook would poison).

If you kill the captain he drop a Captain's Chest Key, which unlocks the chest. The chest gives you a random amount of 1-1000 platinum coins, 1-2000 gold coins, 1-5000 silver coins. Also inside will be 1 rare item and an event coin. The party you are in will have to roll dice to determine who gets what portion of the loot until everything is divided.

The captain will also have a low % chance to drop Poisoned Pirate Hook+1-5(random), or Captain's Cutlass (attacks: Physical, Weaponmagic), or Captain's Hat(ac+1 str+2 dex-2 con+2).

The healing pirate will drop a random prayer scroll of level 20, a holy symbol, or piety. Also he will have a low % chance of dropping a heavy rod of healing(cure minor, serious, critical, and heal. heal being the lowest % chance).

The magic pirate will drop a random magic scroll of a random level, or a talisman, or a scroll of ledgermain. Also he will have a low % chance to drop a magical ring(0.00000001% for it to be elrond, just an example)

When you are finished the ship sinks and you are teleported back to your last destination(most likely your ship unless it sunk).

Only thing that would need to be really made gfx wise is the new items, but you can recolor the hook and add a bit of green to it to give it poison. The ships would remain like normal ships. You could edit and place a hook on the captain's offhand. Captain would swing his sword and then use his hook to spin attack.

These ships will add danger to the seas, give navies something to work with, and give moderate leveled players (25-50) something hard to work with.

The final addon would be the Legendary Pirate random rare ship. This would appear 1 time per day, at a random time and place.

This would be a rare ship to find, if you use the gfx that one person made and made that his ship you could fit a lot more crew on board, and extend the cargo hold to make 2 decks.

At the bottom deck there are 2 captains, 2 healers, 2 mages, and a Legendary Pirate.

Legendary Pirate would be extremely fast, hard to hit, high magical resist and physical resist, and have high damage and WC.

When Legendary Pirate is defeated he will drop a Commodore's Key.

The Pirate Captains would drop nothing, neither would the support monsters.

The chest will contain probably twice as much loot, and higher odds of getting a good item, along with more random items added into the possible items you can obtain.

Also, this ship doesnt sink, instead you will get it and it will be at 50% hull. You can then take it back to a port to fix it, and you will have a NICE ship.

Like it? Hate it? Please give me your opinions. Stefan, Bjorn, Sam, please tell me what you think of this. I dont think it would be too hard to do, but I could be wrong. It would be awesome if it could be added though. Thanks for your time.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:38 AM
8k hours on GK X_X
Obs311 will become famous soon enough
I like it! =D

Would actually give me something stronger to fight!
Old 02-12-2007, 04:39 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Wonder if this will be acted on
Old 02-12-2007, 04:40 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
bosh.

this has to be the best suggestion ive ever seen for graalkingdoms, or any of graal since i started.

i love you.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:45 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Uhm ... well that seems pretty easy ... GK's battling system is kind of dull. High level players could just seek these ships and Bile all the things and get like 2k plat, and incredibly good items.
If this happened, it would take a TON of scripting work, and it would take a long time to do. The items would have to be way nerfed ... Things like heavy rods, rings, etc. aren't meant to be dropped my monsters. Cutlasses and stuff would need new GFX, and it's a completely new weapon.
And Captain's Hat(ac+1 str+2 dex-2 con+2).? Something like that would go for probably 3 RoWs (an estimate).
It's a creative idea, but we already have REAL pirates, and this would not work out. These won't "add danger to the seas". These will make level 110s go out in search of these ships and get even richer!
And the people you battle would have to be pretty tough ... Even with -20 AC, you can rarely be hurt by anything but players. And they'd have to add tons of experience.
Sorry, won't work. Nice idea though.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:45 AM
gess hew
I just came up with it off the top of my head while I was playing too, I was sailing around and thought "this would be awesome". Then I thought of how to use that sweet GFX ship that was made, and I really think this would be good for it.

Also, it would mean Kingdoms would have their own boarders, people would be trying to keep more ocean for themselves to hunt, and boarder clashes could erupt.

Seeing as how that new ship would be superior in combat, I'm sure if anyone saw one captured they would send their whole navy to try to sieze it from the other kingdom. The other kingdom would send their navy to intercept as well, and you know what happens next Thats why it should be half way damaged, give it a chance to be sunk/captured.

cbkbud, how are you called a developer when a little scripting turns you off? No offense, it just seems that a little working could do our devs some good, you'd get some practice, troubleshoot any bugs. And in the end you'd learn from your mistakes.

Also, a hat that drops wont go for 3 row, unless rows start becoming more common. If all items start to become common, we will all be able to fight each other more evenly. Wars could be possible, etc. And make the pirates 100 resistance to death. That should fix your bile problems.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:49 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Isn't this basically just a playerworld-style quest?
Old 02-12-2007, 04:51 AM
gess hew
Googi: Not a quest, think of a map with something really valuable at the end. What else do players do on GK all day? I think it would be nice to grab your ship and go pirate hunting
Old 02-12-2007, 04:57 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordbosh View Post
What else do players do on GK all day? I think it would be nice to grab your ship and go pirate hunting
I don't know, but I would think that something else for them to do could be made in a less new-script-intensive way.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:00 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
cbkbud, how are you called a developer when a little scripting turns you off? No offense, it just seems that a little working could do our devs some good, you'd get some practice, troubleshoot any bugs. And in the end you'd learn from your mistakes.
I never said that it couldn't be done. I don't even work on Graal Kingdoms. I just said what it would take. Please don't assume you know my life. You don't.
kthxbai.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:15 AM
jonnyrocks2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jonnyrocks2 Send a message via MSN to jonnyrocks2
Come on Bosh, pump some ideas for us mate...

And excellent idea. ^_^
Originally Posted by Shawn Kelfonne
Pfft. It takes a real man to play a girl...
Old 02-12-2007, 12:20 PM
Duergar
ViperZakuto is an unknown quantity at this point
very nice idea, you thought this out very well.

Hopefully staff doesn't pass this one up. This is the type of stuff that kingdoms needs. quests that multiple people can do. it gets boring grinding by yourself. and gk really gives you no reason for partying as of now. you get more exp by yourself.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:25 AM
Proto Steele~EventsMaster
protozero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to protozero
I personaly, like the idea very much. May need to nerf the items a bit, but if the Pirates are actually hard to kill, it'd be very nice.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:49 PM
myth-simba is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Pirates!

The pirate enemies would spawn randomly on the water in different areas (excluding small bays of course which have no ship access). These would be like regular ships, and have black sails with red X's on them to mark them as pirate ships. They can wander and roam aimlessly searching for other ships to attack.

When they see a ship they will begin to fire and maneuver around to try to destroy your ship. If you board the ship you will have to fight 2 cannon crew guys on the above deck which will drop Pirate Cutlass at a low % chance, and a more common drop would be a Round Shield+1-5.

When you enter the cargo hold it will be set up like a single file maze with pirates all the way to the back. These pirates will be stronger and have hooks and axes and cutlasses as well, with higher chances of dropping their item(like by +1%).

In the back there is a chest, and a Pirate Captain and 2 crewmen. One will heal and one will cast magic, while the captain attacks you with dual wielded 1 cutlass and 1 hook. The captain should be able to move very fast and do a lot of physical damage, attacks of Physical, Poison(hook would poison).

If you kill the captain he drop a Captain's Chest Key, which unlocks the chest. The chest gives you a random amount of 1-1000 platinum coins, 1-2000 gold coins, 1-5000 silver coins. Also inside will be 1 rare item and an event coin. The party you are in will have to roll dice to determine who gets what portion of the loot until everything is divided.

The captain will also have a low % chance to drop Poisoned Pirate Hook+1-5(random), or Captain's Cutlass (attacks: Physical, Weaponmagic), or Captain's Hat(ac+1 str+2 dex-2 con+2).

The healing pirate will drop a random prayer scroll of level 20, a holy symbol, or piety. Also he will have a low % chance of dropping a heavy rod of healing(cure minor, serious, critical, and heal. heal being the lowest % chance).

The magic pirate will drop a random magic scroll of a random level, or a talisman, or a scroll of ledgermain. Also he will have a low % chance to drop a magical ring(0.00000001% for it to be elrond, just an example)

When you are finished the ship sinks and you are teleported back to your last destination(most likely your ship unless it sunk).

Only thing that would need to be really made gfx wise is the new items, but you can recolor the hook and add a bit of green to it to give it poison. The ships would remain like normal ships. You could edit and place a hook on the captain's offhand. Captain would swing his sword and then use his hook to spin attack.

These ships will add danger to the seas, give navies something to work with, and give moderate leveled players (25-50) something hard to work with.

The final addon would be the Legendary Pirate random rare ship. This would appear 1 time per day, at a random time and place.

This would be a rare ship to find, if you use the gfx that one person made and made that his ship you could fit a lot more crew on board, and extend the cargo hold to make 2 decks.

At the bottom deck there are 2 captains, 2 healers, 2 mages, and a Legendary Pirate.

Legendary Pirate would be extremely fast, hard to hit, high magical resist and physical resist, and have high damage and WC.

When Legendary Pirate is defeated he will drop a Commodore's Key.

The Pirate Captains would drop nothing, neither would the support monsters.

The chest will contain probably twice as much loot, and higher odds of getting a good item, along with more random items added into the possible items you can obtain.

Also, this ship doesnt sink, instead you will get it and it will be at 50% hull. You can then take it back to a port to fix it, and you will have a NICE ship.

Like it? Hate it? Please give me your opinions. Stefan, Bjorn, Sam, please tell me what you think of this. I dont think it would be too hard to do, but I could be wrong. It would be awesome if it could be added though. Thanks for your time.
I already released this post twice.. i done one, then staff done nothing so reworded it. still done nothing.

Hmph..
What are you looking at?
(Squadron Commander Chris Steele)
Old 02-26-2007, 09:17 PM
Official Idle/Level Maker
hampy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to hampy Send a message via AIM to hampy Send a message via MSN to hampy Send a message via Yahoo to hampy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
Wonder if this will be acted on
No it won't be, but it should be!