Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-15-2014, 12:24 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Hmm

I noticed the current Staff mix around, although we will all have our own opinions on things, I'll keep mine quiet for now to save the headache.

I did want to propose an idea though. Whether it be buying the business' off of the owners or however you may do it.

You should attempt to get every business that is currently player-owned to be NPC ran, that way there is ALWAYS money being taken out of the economy through the necessities that people NEED (e.g Ammo).

Once you've taken all of the business' attempt to make them player-interactive. Which means; "This business has $50,000 in it's safe, go hold up the teller for a 20% portion of that (or something along those lines) (once the business is being robbed it becomes a PK zone)

Say 3 BB members run into Gun Point and start holding the teller up; they have to successfully stay inside of a circle for 1-3 minutes (based off of the player count at the time? if thats even possible to stop people from abusing it late at night) as they are doing so a message is sent out to Era Police (or all gangs, I was just brainstorming as writing this) they can come and kill these 3 BB for 10% of the current portion inside of the safe. (They didn't rob it but instead saved it from being robbed) each business has a 24 hour cool-down for being robbed to some-what build it's cash flow back up, no business can lose over $50,000 at one time, that sum being spread across however many people are robbing it at the time.

Just a quick idea I thought of as I saw there was actually a business admin now, I thought I would share and get some feed-back on and maybe it can be taken into consideration or even started being worked on with the current NPC owned shops (SP, DD)
Old 06-15-2014, 12:33 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
No, no and no.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:41 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
No, no and no.
I used to think selfishly a long time ago too, until I realized that benefitting the server also benefits me.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:45 AM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
From what i just read and understand of it. You want to remove owners so the server can sinkhole money from players from buying ammo.

Then you want to make them rob-able and you can get upto $50,000 each time. Pumping out serious money back into the server?

Don't think that's such a good idea. Everyone loves the idea of holding up a store or a bank. I think it's a must to implement something of that kind but not quite what you're suggestion.

I dunno, maybe think about your idea a bit more and come back with it to make things a bit more clear as to what you mean.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:56 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
From what i just read and understand of it. You want to remove owners so the server can sinkhole money from players from buying ammo.

Then you want to make them rob-able and you can get upto $50,000 each time. Pumping out serious money back into the server?

Don't think that's such a good idea. Everyone loves the idea of holding up a store or a bank. I think it's a must to implement something of that kind but not quite what you're suggestion.

I dunno, maybe think about your idea a bit more and come back with it to make things a bit more clear as to what you mean.
You're getting a percentage of what has been taken out from people buying ammo, 50k was my example number, in a day the business' probably generate 4-6k maybe, leaving people to wait for a decent amount of money etc and more of a risk of people to rob the shop before them.

This will do nothing but take money of the economy, giving back a percentage every time it is robbed, keeping the balance though as if it was still player owned.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:58 AM
TheLinkMan2002 will become famous soon enough
except what you are suggesting is handing out free money like it's candy without anyone actually working for it. And this is also only an incentive for the best of the players that are already the richest, the ones who do not deserve anymore benefits. The way you described it is a merc money printing machine. no thanks. I'm all for a heist themed quest or something but at most it should pay out like 1k to each participant and only able to be done once per day. I am all for ammo shops becoming npc run though to deplete more money.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:38 AM
Banned
Like I said; Quick brain storm of what would be cool to see.

We could limit this to heisting the ammo shops for ammo boxes instead of cash, maybe once a month the teller can change to the ammo shop "Owner" instead of "Employee" where they can now get some cash out of the heist because only the "Owner" has access to the safe?

This could work for all business' (Food, Bombs, Ammo etc)

There is a lot of ways this could work and would be quite interesting and cool to do.

The way I see it; Money is useless, there is way too much of it and right now there isn't a player-control over items and cash, your biggest source of profit is hats.

Whilst this idea would take over 50k + from each gun store per week you would be getting maybe 10k back per week, the money is balanced and won't spit out ridiculous amounts unless someone walks in there and deposited 1mil for god knows why and got 100k back lol
Old 06-15-2014, 12:37 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
Worst idea ever, did your pokemon-loving brother suggest it to you?
Old 06-15-2014, 01:13 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
I actually like this idea.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:26 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
Worst idea ever, did your pokemon-loving brother suggest it to you?
Hey, Pokemon is cool.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:36 PM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
I always felt if era takes away player businesses you will lose half of your player count. Not everybody pk and just getting rid of more non pk players to do is such a great plan......
Old 06-15-2014, 09:44 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
I actually like this idea.
same
Old 06-16-2014, 03:29 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
You guys still need to explain what the point of playing era is if you don't PK. It's like saying you like to play PES but not to score goals.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:25 AM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
This is a cool idea in theory and the math seems to operate a lot like the current lottery system.
But IMO it's just going to be 'any time there's a half-decent amount of money saved up, WIL SOUL RAMPAGE'. You'd be taking money from everyone and (realistically, at least) giving some of it back to a select few people.
does wil soul even play
i dont play

If you make the percentage taken too low, nobody's going to care about doing it, and the people who lost their businesses will rage more than any potential gain. If you make it too high, rampage, and the players AND business owners hate you.
Meh

Oh I forgot to add:
Owning a business, for me personally, was one of the most fun things I did as a player. I can say the same thing about working for said business (back when being a manager for a business meant something, spreadsheets for days). I'd rather see them kept and think of similar ideas to do something like this.

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.

Last edited by Scoper; 06-18-2014 at 12:29 AM.. Reason: I NEED A REASON HERE