Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 06:47 PM
Me.
RegretZ will become famous soon enough
Eryst: A change in direction.

Since Eryst really wasn't going anywhere, due to not only lack of interest, but my own inactivity, I've decided to take it in a new direction.
I want to make Eryst a fun mix of role-playing and in-depth game-play to give the players more variety.
Although some of the ideas are a bit recycled, I hope to use them in new ways that people have not yet thought of.
The game-play will be partially level-based. Upon starting, you will be asked to choose a race and class (We plan to make the selection more limited for trials, in hopes of being allowed to eliminate observer mode). The races and classes will all be equal in the end, but will simply have different skills. All events and sparring will be done classic style, to even the playing field. There will be classic style sparring arenas all across the map for convenience. We will make player-killing optional, so that lower level players will be able to progress without being constantly beaten up by the higher level players, while the higher levels may feel free to kill each other if they so choose. There will also be a spar arena specifically for sparring with the regular game-play style.
There will be weapons and armor, and money will be obtained by selling the dropped items or by killing enemies (Non-player enemies that is).
As for the role-playing aspect, it will also be optional. We will make some sort of indicator, perhaps an icon above the players head, that shows whether that player is a role-player or not. Those who do choose to role-play will be able to change that indicator to show whether they are actively role-playing at that moment or simply out-of-character.
We also plan to have multiple character slots, so you can create many different characters. If you choose to role-play, you will be given the option to create a story for your character. This will be approved or disapproved by a role-playing admin, which is a staff member specifically given the job of watching the interaction of role-playing members and making sure arguments are solved and problems fixed.
We will also have a wiki. If your character is approved, you will receive a page on the wiki displaying his or her character's information. Minor additions may be made to a character after submitted, but they must be approved by a role-playing admin before they are applied. Wiki admins and role-playing admins will be separate, but will be working closely with each other.

We can't do this alone though.
We are hiring a lot of staff.
We are searching for:

At least 3 scripting staff.
We need a lot of scripting done to make the user interface and the game-play meet the goals set out.

At least 5 levels staff.
We want to make a very large world, with many places to explore.

At least 5 graphics artists.
We want to have a completely unique look. This is a classic style server, with a sort of medieval setting. We want the server to look as real as possible, so the players are brought into the server more than they would be with regular, cartoon-like graphics.

At least 3 Story-writing staff.
Since it is a role-playing server, history will be a huge benefactor. We will need good ideas for quests, a lot of back-story, and many other works of creativity to make an in-depth world for the players to discover.

At least 5 Role-playing staff.
We will need very constant role-players who know a lot about acting and who have good judgement skills. You may end up working with a lot of role-playing issues that players have.

At least 3 Wiki staff.
We plan to make a wiki with all of the history the story-writing staff create, and also all the information and player-made character stories that the role-playing staff approve. You must be proficient at navigating and editing wiki pages/websites.

At least 2 Gani artists.
We will need many different custom weapons and interesting actions, and therefore many ganis as such. We also plan to have customized movement and such.

I have applications ready for all of these positions. Please contact me through one of the following methods to receive one.

Email: [email protected]

You can also send me a forum message.

Sincerely,
Regret Exegersi
Also known as,
Zachary Miller

Last edited by RegretZ; 12-30-2010 at 06:54 PM.. Reason: Added Gani artists, forgot them at first. Silly me.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:57 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
This sounds a lot like Valikorlia. And not to be rude, but there simply aren't enough staff to go around. You could probably condense the wiki staff to 1, or give someone else wiki jobs.

But good luck, nonetheless. This sounds interesting and it will be fun to see how it turns out.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:59 PM
Me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
This sounds a lot like Valikorlia. And not to be rude, but there simply aren't enough staff to go around. You could probably condense the wiki staff to 1, or give someone else wiki jobs.

But good luck, nonetheless. This sounds interesting and it will be fun to see how it turns out.
Actually, my inspiration was Valikorlia. The only problem is that not everybody likes role-playing. By making it optional I hope to draw a wider audience encompassing both role-players and regular players.
As for the staff number, I may consider having the role-playing staff work on the wiki too, but we will see how things go.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:55 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Valikorlia can't be replaced, sorry.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:00 PM
Me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnegel View Post
Valikorlia can't be replaced, sorry.
I'm not trying to replace it. In fact, I hope to help revive it in a way.
By making role-play optional, those who like to role-play will also be able to introduce people who haven't role-played before but are interested without them being in an unfamiliar environment. They won't feel as obligated to role-play all the time. Even so, I also plan to make the game-play a lot different than Valikorlia. I want my server to be very friendly to new players. The way I have it planned, new players can learn and grow without being intimidated by the more experienced players.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:11 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
copying valikorlia has always worked out. just look at maloria and zodiac
Old 12-30-2010, 08:14 PM
Me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
copying valikorlia has always worked out. just look at maloria and zodiac
Look can we please stay on topic?
The role-playing isn't the entire focus. Since it's optional, it's more like half of the focus. The game-play is also supposed to be helpful to new players, since the ability to disable player-killing allows them to level up and learn things without being attacked by kill-hungry higher level players.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:21 PM
Zvarri!
benpoke103 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegretZ View Post
Look can we please stay on topic?
The role-playing isn't the entire focus. Since it's optional, it's more like half of the focus. The game-play is also supposed to be helpful to new players, since the ability to disable player-killing allows them to level up and learn things without being attacked by kill-hungry higher level players.
I think Crono was trying to help you out there

Forum PM (Preferred)
#graaldt @ Freenode
Old 12-30-2010, 10:22 PM
Me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benpoke103 View Post
I think Crono was trying to help you out there
Well by, "Trying to help me out" he was also insinuating I'm just like every other person trying to copy Valikorlia. Enough of this. I need helpful posts only or I'm going to ask someone to close the thread. Last time I got sidetracked enough.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:49 AM
fcmrcy
FaLLChiLD has a spectacular aura aboutFaLLChiLD has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to FaLLChiLD
Quote:
Well by, "Trying to help me out" he was also insinuating I'm just like every other person trying to copy Valikorlia. Enough of this. I need helpful posts only or I'm going to ask someone to close the thread. Last time I got sidetracked enough.
Have to admit, it's better than being every other person copying Zodiac. Roots sucka, roots.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:53 AM
Me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLLChiLD View Post
Have to admit, it's better than being every other person copying Zodiac. Roots sucka, roots.
Are you applying or contributing a helpful comment? :/
Old 12-31-2010, 07:50 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I was basing my comment off other's claiming you're coping Val. I simply stated that copying Val has worked out in the past anyway.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:07 AM
fcmrcy
FaLLChiLD has a spectacular aura aboutFaLLChiLD has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to FaLLChiLD
Quote:
Are you applying or contributing a helpful comment? :/
Possibly to your esteem?
Old 12-31-2010, 09:18 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
*whistles the national anthem*

So if you get accepted on Era iPhone....?

This = dead if you are already applying for other servers.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.

Last edited by MattKan; 12-31-2010 at 09:44 AM..
Old 12-31-2010, 09:51 AM
GFX
DemonSpawnn will become famous soon enough
Ok, here is the issue that makes it impossible for your server to happen: you will not get good staff. Nobody, that is nobody good, would want to be apart of a unoriginal server with no progress done on it. Sorry to shatter your dreams but it just doesn't seem like 5 GFX's will happen. Now, say be some small nearly impossible chance it does happen, your server is complete, look at the average player count on Valkoria. How many of those very few players do you think will play a knock off when they can play the original? My suggestion is get a new idea, because in a week or so you will probably be posting something around the lines of "New change in direction! A classic themed server!"