Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-19-2008, 05:25 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
I am still not sure what layers would actually be used for.
Wouldn't need NPCs for drawover effects and don't need copies of the same graphic with different colored corners. First things that come to my mind anyway, but I'd rather see GS2 support so I could practice it offline. :/
Old 10-19-2008, 05:33 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
I am still not sure what layers would actually be used for.
A lot. The thing that annoys me about layers is how much wasted potential they have right now. I've played around with layers a lot, and while I found I could do a lot with them, it's almost impossible to because I'd have to manually do the layers in wordpad. No to mention what Crono said, it just makes it a lot easier to do casual tiling. no need for a dozen different tiles just for different terrains. No need to have NPCs for treetops anymore since they'd be able to be drawn over different terrains and display over the player. Simple stuff like that is just so tasty. Tasty.

Especially in the next version when Stefan adds a layer drawing value to the actual layers. I mean, layers are used in most 2D games since the support for it. For a reason, right?
Old 10-19-2008, 06:11 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I'd rather see GS2 support so I could practice it offline. :/
Personally, I think it'd take far too much work to implement, and you still wouldn't have serverside.

Unfortunately, it's hard to learn GS2 since there is a lack of places to try it. I hope they fix this, but I don't think a level editor will do that.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:19 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Personally, I think it'd take far too much work to implement, and you still wouldn't have serverside.

Unfortunately, it's hard to learn GS2 since there is a lack of places to try it. I hope they fix this, but I don't think a level editor will do that.
I don't think it'd be that hard, then again I'm no programmer. Either way, the interpreter is already there(current Graal version), they just need to implement it into the level editor. I don't think serverside needs to be stressed, all it needs to be is good enough for people to be able to learn.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:07 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
and you still wouldn't have serverside.
Neither does GS1 on the level editor but we still learned how to use it from there and THEN moved onto serverside scripting.

Quote:
Level editor is the best place to put it.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:04 PM
No.
DarkReaper0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to DarkReaper0
Quote:
Level editor seems like the only place to put it.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:15 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReaper0 View Post
Level editor seems like the only place to put it.
Unless they make another place.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Yeah, lets call it... the Script Editor!!!

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-19-2008, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Why do that when you already have the level editor?
Old 10-20-2008, 12:10 AM
No.
DarkReaper0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to DarkReaper0
Quote:
It would be like making a cake section at a party, it's all food so why bother?
Old 10-20-2008, 02:33 AM
the fake one
Quote:
There may be a better, easier way to do it. Perhaps even letting you use serverside.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:09 AM
Quote:
There may be a better, easier way to do it. Perhaps even letting you use serverside.
Isn't it possible to emulate an npc server offline?

But even then, I don't care for serverside scripting as GS1 was the same way. You learned it offline then moved onto serverside scripting once you understood the basics.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:30 AM
I had an idea where you'd be able to host an NPC server off of your PC(much like you would any other server), and only have it available to your PC. This would allow the level editor to connect to connect to your NPC server much like it would for an online server, for the serverside function.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:22 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I had an idea where you'd be able to host an NPC server off of your PC(much like you would any other server), and only have it available to your PC. This would allow the level editor to connect to connect to your NPC server much like it would for an online server, for the serverside function.
I doubt Stefan is willing to release the NPC-Server, no matter how much it is compiled, encoded, or anything else.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:29 AM
Quote:
I doubt Stefan is willing to release the NPC-Server, no matter how much it is compiled, encoded, or anything else.
No more risking than releasing Graal, no?

Tags
editor, levels, linux, mac